Broncos @ Chiefs

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The Donk defense showed up to play today. So, what's the excuse this time? All season long, it's been "Russ is not the problem". Well, the defense wasn't the problem today.

So what is it this time?

toffee

Reaction score
The Donk defense showed up to play today. So, what's the excuse this time? All season long, it's been "Russ is not the problem". Well, the defense wasn't the problem today.

So what is it this time?
Running game was good, ummm, WRs not getting open,

JPatera76

Reaction score

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Sweet 46.6 QBR tonight Russ! Career QBR hovering at 100.1 now...

Wilson's passer rating (NOT his QBR) was 46.6 last night, and that's hilarious. Because passer rating doesn't take into account things like game situation (down and distance, field position), throwing distance, scrambles, called run plays, sacks, and fumbles, Wilson's passer rating has been pretty good this season, allowing the Russellettes around here to argue that he's been playing well and hasn't been the problem in Denver. Now that he had a game with such a terrible passer rating, I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how Wilson fans try to explain it away.

QBR does take into account the things I mentioned above that passer rating doesn't consider, and in this game, Wilson's QBR was 10.1.
Consider that a QB who spikes the ball into the turf on every play would get a QBR of 39 for the game, almost four times Wilson's QBR from last night.
Yikes.

James in PA

Reaction score
But Im sure the robot said something like this after the game. "There's still a lot of football left. WE just gotta clean up the little things. One play at a time. We still control our own destiny."

bileever

Reaction score
Denver fans must be absolutely melting down this year. So funny that Hackett had a better record at this point in the year than Sean Payton has now.

Is it a good sign for us that the only player the Broncos lost on defense this year was Dre'mont Jones, and they went from really good to really bad?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Denver fans must be absolutely melting down this year. So funny that Hackett had a better record at this point in the year than Sean Payton has now.

Yes, and not only that, but Hackett's Broncos had beaten the Santa Clara Gold Diggers, one of the top teams in the league, in the third week of last season. This season, the Broncos only managed to barely beat the worst team in the league, and only managed that after the other team's coaches and quarterback made terrible game-losing mistakes.

Is it a good sign for us that the only player the Broncos lost on defense this year was Dre'mont Jones, and they went from really good to really bad?

In my view, maybe a little, but I think the Broncos were badly hurt by going from Ejiro Evero under Hackett to Vance Joseph under Payton.

It's telling that Evero chose a lateral move to become defensive coördinator of the Panthers, a team widely expected to be one of the worst in the league, rather than stay at the same position with the Broncos, a team that many expected to improve under Payton.

bileever

Reaction score
In my view, maybe a little, but I think the Broncos were badly hurt by going from Ejiro Evero under Hackett to Vance Joseph under Payton.

It's telling that Evero chose a lateral move to become defensive coördinator of the Panthers, a team widely expected to be one of the worst in the league, rather than stay at the same position with the Broncos, a team that many expected to improve under Payton.
Evero is a rare bird. He refused to take the interim head coach job in Denver when they fired Hackett out of loyalty. I'm sure that Hackett would have understood if he took it, and the job could have led to becoming the head coach this year, but it was important to Evero that he showed where he stood. I thought that was great.