Brock Purdy, out of brace, takes in sf giants game

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm really happy for the kid. No amount of hatred for the Niners can make me wish anything but the best for him. Clearly waiting to have the surgery was the right thing to do.

Based on that one video alone, I will say that I was wrong in predicting a longer than expected return to play scenario. If anything he looks ahead of schedule to me, and all the talk of moving Trey Lance makes a lot more sense.

So gratz to the Niners fans, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He’s naturally Right handed. .
Im seeing him still Exhibit more mobility in the left arm.
I got confused when you were talking about the mobility in his left arm. Of course he's a righty, all I needed to do was go watch one throwing clip. How does Purdy's LEFT arm come into play in this situation? Tissue donor for the right arm? Or left one wasn't injured so of course has more mobility than the right arm? Or left was just a typo?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I got confused when you were talking about the mobility in his left arm. Of course he's a righty, all I needed to do was go watch one throwing clip. How does Purdy's LEFT arm come into play in this situation? Tissue donor for the right arm? Or left one wasn't injured so of course has more mobility than the right arm? Or left was just a typo?

It looked to me like hes still guarding his dominant arm A bit. If you look at him wave using both his left and right, the motion with His left seems more natural.

To @bigskydoc, what would be your prediction as to when Purdy feels comfortable enough to bring his mitt to the game in case of foul balls?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It looked to me like hes still guarding his dominant arm A bit. If you look at him wave using both his left and right, the motion with His left seems more natural.

To @bigskydoc, what would be your prediction as to when Purdy feels comfortable enough to bring his mitt to the game in case of foul balls?
I agree. Probably a better way to put this, since the left arm is the normal comparison, is that he appears to still have restricted mobility in his right arm, as would be expected at this point in his recovery.

The fact that he didn't shy away from high fiving with the recently repaired arm is pretty remarkable. Impact like that should be fairly painful still.

If he continues on this trajectory, I see no reason he won't be throwing by training camp, though I would expect that he will be on a pretty strict "pitch count."

Torc

Reaction score
Let me know when he throws out the first pitch at a baseball game. Then we'll know he's really on track. ;)

Seriously though, good to see his recovery is going well, gotta love the underdog seeing some success. You never want to see a career (especially an early one) ended by injury.

94Smith

Reaction score
Also like in the video that he was talking about practicing throwing left handed in case he is ever in the same situation again. Let's hope not!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Also like in the video that he was talking about practicing throwing left handed in case he is ever in the same situation again. Let's hope not!
Toward the end of this vid, Brock reveals that he’s learning how to throw left handed to guys at the facility

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I wonder what Hawks linebacker said ”you white, you can’t high step me.” I’m eliminating Cody Barton as a possibility. Any ideas?