2012's getting paid, staying together

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/627705707861684224[/tweet]

White Devil

Reaction score
Go Hawks!

iFfGVNp.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
But but but we can't sign him under the cap after Wilson's deal. Oh wait, never mind. That was just the "experts" talking

Seriously though, it's a little more than I thought but he's worth it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I predicted 4 years, $40 million (same as Earl Thomas's deal).

I also predicted 4 years, $88 million for Russell, so I was pretty close on both counts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Knew his deal was coming soon. Wasn't expecting 22M guaranteed though, holy crap. By comparison.. Bowman got 11M

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Archer":2xe5jiyl said:
hawknation2015":2xe5jiyl said:
SeatownJay":2xe5jiyl said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/627704522748657665[/tweet]

Wow, highest paid MLB in the league by a significant margin . . . and more money than Earl Thomas. Congrats to Bobby!!!

:thirishdrinkers:

Panthers front office is feeling this one. Kuechly will be the #1 contract next year and this just set his market. I'm never going to fret over keeping an amazing player. Wagner is at worst the 2nd best MLB in the league and he just got paid like it.

An untold benefit of drafting pro bowl players in the later rounds--they get resigned first, establishing the market early and forcing other teams to pay more for their 1st rounders. Eat it Panthers and Colts! :lol:

Seahawks writing THE book on how to dominate in the NFL!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Can I get a hell yeah!

LOL the rest of the league is like, where is all this money coming from???? Supposedly everyone thought we didn't have money to get Wilson and Wags, and JS did his magic to get both!

Tical21

Reaction score
What's the signing bonus? It will be interesting to see how this is structured.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2pcj6odh said:
Archer":2pcj6odh said:
hawknation2015":2pcj6odh said:
SeatownJay":2pcj6odh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/627704522748657665[/tweet]

Wow, highest paid MLB in the league by a significant margin . . . and more money than Earl Thomas. Congrats to Bobby!!!

:thirishdrinkers:

Panthers front office is feeling this one. Kuechly will be the #1 contract next year and this just set his market. I'm never going to fret over keeping an amazing player. Wagner is at worst the 2nd best MLB in the league and he just got paid like it.

An untold benefit of drafting pro bowl players in the later rounds--they get resigned first, establishing the market early and forcing other teams to pay more for their 1st rounders. Eat it Panthers and Colts! :lol:

Seahawks writing THE book on how to dominate in the NFL!

The Panthers have slashed salary for nearly 3 years in anticipation and have a good GM, but as I've said before the Hawks have done a masterful job. Congrats to Wagner and the Hawks!

PS-not to hijack the thread but the Colts brass is amateur and 2nd rate IMHO.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
ctrcat":cwiv729b said:
The Panthers have slashed salary for nearly 3 years in anticipation and have a good GM, but as I've said before the Hawks have done a masterful job. Congrats to Wagner and the Hawks!

PS-not to hijack the thread but the Colts brass is amateur and 2nd rate IMHO.

Gettleman is severely underrated IMO. The Colts GM, Grigson, is not even in the same conversation and similar to Polian LUCKED into a franchise QB to hide his deficiencies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, Mike Rob was actually the one who broke the news.

Tweeted it out 4 mins before, Rapoport.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealMikeRob/status/627692370801332224[/tweet]

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Blitzer88":31m8t9mq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/627725228827762688[/tweet]

Looks like JS been working out too, his arms as big as Wagz, he's about to put back on the Championship belt this season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":12pwd3cr said:
Can I get a hell yeah!

LOL the rest of the league is like, where is all this money coming from???? Supposedly everyone thought we didn't have money to get Wilson and Wags, and JS did his magic to get both!
Go over to the Denialzone, that's exactly what they are saying. Some actually thought they'd have a shot at getting Wagner next year! :lol: