Bo Nix at Oregon pro day

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Crazy how if someone isn't in love with Nix or Penix they MUST be on the Howell train./s

#16 is an overdraft for either of them. I'd rather Schneider deal it and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process.
So if you don’t want to draft a QB and you’re not on the Howell train, what’s your plan for 2025 with Geno gone and drafting somewhere in the middle of the first round?

Maulbert

Reaction score
So if you don’t want to draft a QB and you’re not on the Howell train, what’s your plan for 2025 with Geno gone and drafting somewhere in the middle of the first round?
I don't want to reach for something I don't believe in. I don't necessarily think Howell is the answer, but he deserves a look. By no means is that 'the Howell train'. I am not Howell or bust. The team has other needs that a reach QB in the first round who won't play this year anyway doesn't address. But either this team plays well with Geno or Howell, or they suck and draft higher next year.

No QB the Seahawks can possibly take at #16 will affect their record this year. At least if we suck, we aren't burning capital.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Unless Geno gets seriously injured, we aren’t going to see much of Howell this year. They have been very clear that Geno is the starter. So it’s unlikely that Howell will play enough this year to establish him as QB1 going into 2025. Of course, if you are already sold on him enough to not draft a QB in 2025, then we can spend 2025-26 testing whether Howell is going to be our guy at QB. The people who are comfortable with that idea are what I call the Howell train. Otherwise, you’re looking at drafting a QB — if not this year, then in 2025. You’re probably drafting again around middle of first round, but he will be paired with Howell instead of Geno.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He’s a threat to go to Broncos at #12, but Seahawks can trade up to #9 with the Bears! Seahawks get Nix, and Bears get Powers-Johnson. This is my dream trade for both my teams.
In the new mock from The Athletic, the Broncos trade down to #19 for Nix, but they may just as well grab him at #12. They need a QB and 3-4 will already be gone.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He went 0-3 vs. Washington.

thus..........BO AND 3
And I guess it’s Bo’s fault their kicker missed the FG.
As I said, Penix is going to need a better offensive line than the Seahawks have currently. If he can sit in the pocket and throw darts, he’ll be fine. If there is some weakness in his offensive line, he’s going to be less able than Nix to move and make throws on the run. That’s why I prefer Nix.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a good QB, never said he wasn't. Just not sure how clutch he is. He's not even close to being as clutch as Penix. That's my opinion.
People just want to spend time talking about what Penix CAN'T do. When he flat out can do the things they claim he can't.

It's odd to me, but that's ok. All opinion, and the draft is a crap shoot.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd like to see the data that supports the idea of Penix not being able to do shit behind a bad offensive line. Michigan game doesn't count.

If you have a good offensive line you get used to it. If you go into a season knowing it's not the best, then you change how you prepare, your mindset, etc.

Penix has wheels. Runs a 4.5 40. And has shown he can throw on the run as good as any other college QB.

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
I love all the pundit talking points being pushed about PAC 12 qb's. Historically the qb's from the PAC 12 never get any love unless your name is Elway, Aikman, or Rodgers. We saw what happened to Rodgers in the draft and that was unexplainable. That being said I think both Nix and Penix are better than the press they are getting. Penix in my opinion is as ready for the NFL as any qb out there including Williams. Williams gets all the hype for being from USC and getting the Heisman. Last year he showed that he has some flaws in his game and needs to work on his decision making. To often trying to make something out of nothing. Throw the ball away and live to fight another day. Penix hasnt yet shown flaws like that and I believe he is going to be great in the NFL depending on the team he ends up on. Coaches can kill any qb no matter how good he is. For all of the negative you hear about Nix, I think its mostly based on his time at at Auburn. He was very immature and was not a good place for him to be. Living in the PNW I see all the PAC 12 games. I have watched Nix mature and see how he has dug in to the game and become a student of the game. This guy not only sat in the qb room and studied plays he also sat in all the other positions rooms so he could get a better understanding of those positions and why schemes and plays were called for them. He sat with both offense and defense so he could gain more incite to what their schemes were and why. I think this is going to help him going forward and have great success in the NFL. Again depending on where he goes. Just so everyone is clear I am a Husky fan thru and thru and hate the Ducks. I dont root for Duck players and never have. I do believe tho this Nix kid might surprise a lot of the so called experts in the end. Lastly my choice for the Seahawks would be Penix, but I dont see him lasting long enough for us to even get a wiff of him in the draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
These next couple weeks are going to be very interesting. Shoot, a month ago, some were claiming (and actually believing) that Penix was gonna' go 3rd round.

Now many mocks have him going top 12 or so.

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
I agree gonna be interesting. Those who claimed he would go 3rd round never actually watched him play. Once he went to the combine opinions started to change, they all saw what we saw the last two years.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I agree gonna be interesting. Those who claimed he would go 3rd round never actually watched him play. Once he went to the combine opinions started to change, they all saw what we saw the last two years.
I am interested to see what Broncos do at #12. They desperately need a QB. I think there’s a real chance Nix goes there.

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
I think both Penix and Nix are gone at #16. I am a little intrigued by Jordan Travis for Florida State. I think he would have won the Heisman had he not got hurt. His numbers are fantastic and he could be a steal in the 4th. Put him one the practice squad get him 100% healthy and compete for the job in 25' against Howell.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think both Penix and Nix are gone at #16. I am a little intrigued by Jordan Travis for Florida State. I think he would have won the Heisman had he not got hurt. His numbers are fantastic and he could be a steal in the 4th. Put him one the practice squad get him 100% healthy and compete for the job in 25' against Howell.
Hand to god, this is not an alt account. He's just really smart. :)

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
Thank you Chukarhawk. I guess some people must think you have an alt account, but I can assure everyone I am not you. lol

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Thank you Chukarhawk. I guess some people must think you have an alt account, but I can assure everyone I am not you. lol
no, you have just echoed what I've been saying for a couple months now right down to the Jordan Travis love. The comment was tounge in cheek. Welcome to the forum.