Which Nix Would You Want?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bo or (Pe)nix?

I’m leaning towards Bo. PeNIX has an injury history that is a real thing.

I wouldn’t be mad at either if we picked them in April but right now I am leaning towards Bo.

knownone

Reaction score
I'd lean Bo over Penix. I can't get over Penix's goofy delivery and injury concerns.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't know enough about them as I don't watch a lot of college ball, but their projections seem to be all over the place. With Penix, I've heard everything from "won't be there when the Hawks pick at 16" to "2nd or 3rd round."

sutz

Reaction score
Looked like Penix was playing most of the 2d half last night with damaged ribs, or a torn oblique or something. He wasn't right for sure.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Penix by miles over Nix. At least Penix even with his medial concernes has shown he has a trait that translates and would still be elite at the next level (Arm). I'm not sure Nix has anthing that makes him stand out at the next level. I haven't watched him a ton and I'll be curious what the scouts think as his game gets broken down so I will leave it open to change my opinion. But Penix has an elite arm and if I'm gambling I'm gambling on an elite trait.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell, Penix in the 3rd? Wow
Not trying to argue, but I wonder if you even have watched Washington play the last 2 years. Seriously. No way in hell he makes it out of the 1st round.
I would be glad to bet some beer. Because.......Beer :)

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Not trying to argue, but I wonder if you even have watched Washington play the last 2 years. Seriously. No way in hell he makes it out of the 1st round.
Anyone who says Penix is no better than a 3rd rounder should just give you the beer, they clearly have too much of it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. I knew as soon as that game was over people would come out of the woodwork acting like he's an average QB etc.
ONE game and people are blasting the guy. It's ok, he's been an underdog his entire career. I suspect he doesn't give a rip what anyone says about him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think he'll be there in the third, but I wouldnt want us to take him before then. I do like his natural talent, I just think there's too many fundamental aspects of his game that need overhauled and that his considerable injury history is also a factor.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone who says Penix is no better than a 3rd rounder should just give you the beer, they clearly have too much of it.
His talent level is higher than that of the average third rounder, but his age and injury history are as well. It's a hard determination. Team doctors are going to have a lot to say about his draft stock when they're poking at his twice-torn knee and whatnot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Penix fading under pressure once bothers you, then Nix fading under pressure in literally every game is probably going to bother you more.

Picking Nix would be almost as stupid as picking McCarthy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
BO AND 3 has a pretty limited upside. Shoot, even my friends who are HUGE Ducks fans all say they don't want him to end up with the Hawks.
I think he's a good QB, plays hard, etc. But having him on the Hawks? Meh.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I was for Bo Nix even before Penix performance in the Michigan game.

His most impressive stat is his 45/3 ratio TD/INT. He gets the ball into the end zone and doesn’t make turnovers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How does he do in those big games?? That should matter, a LOT.
BO and 3 is a good QB, 1st round good? Hell no.

knownone

Reaction score
Bo Nix is Ridder-esque and will probably be available in the third or fourth. Penix is likely a high first or second-round pick. And if you don't believe either is a franchise-altering player, the cheaper one is always the option in these scenarios.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nix is the safer pick, but IMO Penix has the bigger upside.

If Pete-ball stays, then Nix is probably the better pick because he's more durable, run Pete's boring offense and run around making some plays.

Penix's upside would be wasted in Seattle, he needs to go somewhere with a more dynamic offensive minded HC.

I know that's a wishy washy answer, but there you go!