Bo Nix at Oregon pro day

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
After letting Drew go? I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't draft a QB now.

I'm getting closer and closer to thinking it's going to be Penix, but honestly would prefer Nix myself (based on what I've seen to this point).
I can see Seattle using all their picks on other players. Trying to build this thing from the trenches. QB like a last “icing on the cake” type move. Seattle could always go after a free agent vet backup QB just cause.

Seattle’s trenches are in such need of a makeover that I can see Seattle grabbing a free agent vet QB after the draft and then draft a future QB next year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
QB is a need, but part of me wonders what Grubb could do with a QB with all the tools that Fields has. We saw what he did with roof rage Haener and Penix.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
QB is a need, but part of me wonders what Grubb could do with a QB with all the tools that Fields has. We saw what he did with roof rage Haener and Penix.
But what are all the tools Fields has? Having watched him, he seems... not good. Looking at his stats, he seems even worse.

Over the past two years, he's been bottom 10 in success rate, passer rating, ANY/A, etc. He only seems to have one tool, which is he can run well. He can't process the field at all. He had one of the top rated OLs in Pass Block Win Rate (and Run Block Win Rate, for that matter) and he still was one of the most pressured (and most sacked) QBs in the league because he has the longest time to throw in the entire league.

I would much rather we draft someone, even a throwaway 6th or 7th round guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fields is a athlete that someone tried to make a QB and they have been trying ever since, potential sure, Trey Lance had potential as well but some guys just don't have the right tools and mental capacity to put them all together many times.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
DJ Moore had 96 receptions for 1,300+ yards with Fields throwing. They had good connection. Unfortunately, he was the only WR on the Bears worth a crap. Put Marvin Harrison on the other side and Fields would perform much better. We still need a slot receiver, but that’s another story — I really wanted JSN instead of Wright last year. If Bears draft Williams, I want Odunze at #9 this year.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's the most NFL ready day one pick. There isn't much if anything he hasn't seen already. That said, he lost to Penix. But then, JJ beat Penix, so I'm not sure how significant that is.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He's the most NFL ready day one pick. There isn't much if anything he hasn't seen already. That said, he lost to Penix. But then, JJ beat Penix, so I'm not sure how significant that is.
That’s irrelevant. That game against Penix was a toss-up all the way.

toffee

Reaction score
In a couple of years, we will find out if Bo's a poor men's JJ McCarthy or the other way around.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is why Nix is a better fit for the Seahawks. The Seahawks offensive line is still a work in progress. We need a QB who can throw accurately on the run as well as operate in the pocket. Penix would be good working as a drop back pocket passer behind a rock-solid offensive line.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I think you guys are trying to create another need, which is wasting a first round pick.
It’s not a waste if you hit QB1. Geno will be gone next year. What then? Are you on the Howell train?

Scout

Reaction score
Nix is going to be a steal for a team if he isn't drafted high but I think a team drafts him higher than most think.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Nix is going to be a steal for a team if he isn't drafted high but I think a team drafts him higher than most think.
He’s a threat to go to Broncos at #12, but Seahawks can trade up to #9 with the Bears! Seahawks get Nix, and Bears get Powers-Johnson. This is my dream trade for both my teams.

Maulbert

Reaction score
It’s not a waste if you hit QB1. Geno will be gone next year. What then? Are you on the Howell train?
Crazy how if someone isn't in love with Nix or Penix they MUST be on the Howell train./s

#16 is an overdraft for either of them. I'd rather Schneider deal it and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process.