BJ Daniels the QB

HawkFan72

Reaction score
titan3131":g3kpuuhu said:
I say we pup tjack Turbo and keep kasen bj rawls

Can't pup TJack or Turbin because they were active this preseason already. It's IR or on the roster.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I see him staying, personally. There's a lot more to quarterbacking than being able to execute the read-option, but that said, it's not easy. BJ has showed good talent at it with Rawls, and good throwing chemistry with the backup receivers. Being able to double as a RB, WR, and QB in a pinch is a rare thing, and he'll never make it onto the practice squad.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
BJ Daniels has impressed at whatever he's been given to do this preseason. They've put him on special teams and he's performed. They've put him at receiver and he did there too. Now they've asked him to play quarterback and he delivered. He looked very Russell Wilson-esque out there last night, and with our offense, that's a perfect fit.

I have seen nothing from Archer that impressed me enough to want him on the team. Nothing. BJ Daniels flat outplayed him by a mile as I saw it. I can't see how he doesn't make the team, especially with the fact that he's versatile and can play any number of roles they ask him to. That's key on a Pete Carroll team, and more than anything, that's why I see him making the roster, and being very surprised if he doesn't.

Largent80

Reaction score
I want B.J on the team. I am finished with Lockette and I hope Daniels can take his spot.

Really, he can do so many things PLUS play QB. Archer doesn't inspire any confidence and BJ has been groomed for a few years now, time for him to make the team and contribute.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Largent80":5jwooc91 said:
I am finished with Lockette and I hope Daniels can take his spot.

This could very well be the end of Lockette (with an 'E'). If that is the case, I wish him well. Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith have each proven to be better than Ricardo in most ways. Ricardo does have freakish speed that he utilizes a few times per season as a WR and on special teams. But Williams and Smith are way more polished as WRs . . . also they have more future potential, as younger players on minimum salaries for the next few years. Daniels is picking up the position, but even he flashed more potential than Ricardo. And Daniels' greatest contribution might prove to be as a backup QB, with so many attributes that mirror Russell. All three (Williams, Smith, and Daniels) have played very well on special teams, making Ricardo (as a gunner and 6th string WR) expendable.

Seafan

Reaction score
titan3131":31racsgf said:
I say we pup tjack Turbo and keep kasen bj rawls

Complete waste to IR either. Just cut them. They are on their last contract year. Offer injury settlements and move on. Same with Morgan.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
marko358":1it6uz58 said:
capncrunch":1it6uz58 said:
I would be very disappointed if Archer makes the team.

I am guessing there is a less than 1% chance of that happening.

Hard to imagine the entire FO going that schizophrenic all at the same time.