Bill Leavy??

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Leavy let us get away with a couple obviously-should-have-been-calleds. It's not like it would have affected the outcome of the game in any way, though.

253hawk

Reaction score
The only blemish I noticed was one of Baldwin's catches that was good for 4 yards when he was hit (forward progress) but ended up being 2 where the tackle ended even though he was engaged the whole time. That set up the 1st down reversal on the next play when Lynch went out of bounds; he'd have had it easy if the ball was spotted properly. Fortunately Maxwell ended up picking off Eli on the next series and got it back.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23yffrbp said:
His crew called a very good game. The worst call was probably a weird false start against Eli Manning.
Well, it could be they are tired of throwing flags on the Defenses for encroachment, when the QB's are getting away with false movement, and drawing them off-sides.
They nailed Russell Wilson last week for doing it also, so I'm guessing that we'll see it called more and more.
Peyton has been getting away with it A LOT.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":3l48f6sl said:
plyka":3l48f6sl said:
I'm starting a new club, Leavy for reffing the superbowl!
Let's not get carried away now. Him and his crew cost us a Superbowl win. I know there are people, even Hawks fans, who will say if the Hawks would have played better, they would have overcome it and won XL. Whatever helps you sleep better at night I guess. But the truth is him and his crew got caught up in that sickening home game lovefest for the Stealers. No conspiracy. Just human nature to get caught up in that garbage. That said, I never want that guy officiating a Seahawks postseason game ever again.
You're right, besides, Leavy would KNOW that the spotlight would be on him to keep the Officiating clean, and down to a low roar.
It's better to give someone else the chance to get caught up in the sickening, home game love fest. :16:

Dismas

Reaction score
SeatownJay":5e8i8mtf said:
Most of Seattle's penalties were procedural, false starts & offsides. Only ticky-tack call was in our favor (the false start on Eli).

Pete was in the refs ear a play or 2 before that call, Probably about Eli's hands. The ends were pulled offsides twice before that call, and tho I didn't rewind and look, I bet Eli was doing the same hand stuff.

It was not a questionable call, IMO, if the linemen cannot flinch before the snbap, the QB should not be allowed to shake his hands like the ball is coming.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2cowc4bn said:
Timberhawk":2cowc4bn said:
Haven't seen the game but I believe the final stat line showed 8 flags for 50 yards? Not bad. I know the team played great which can mitigate officials mistakes. Did his crew call a good game? That would be awesome if so. It would be nice if we only have to worry about Carey.

Awesome game!! Go Hawks!!

Carey is the worst but Triplette isn't far behind. Fair to say a person has to be worried about significant gaffes if either of them are on a game.

(And obviously major gaffes happen with other officiating crews too, they're all human and it's unavoidable, but I'm mostly at Carey/Triplette being the last people I ever want to see.)

Personally, I think Clete Blakeman is worse than Triplette.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
For the first time in weeks, a flow to the game occurred. At SF, every play it seemed you waited for a call. Get out of the way refs and let us play our game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":3kzn1laq said:
Carey < Blakeman < Triplette < The rest
This........(except you can drop Walt Coleman in after Triplette and before "the rest").........

twelthmanfan":3kzn1laq said:
For the first time in weeks, a flow to the game occurred. At SF, every play it seemed you waited for a call. Get out of the way refs and let us play our game.

and this........

scutterhawk":3kzn1laq said:
Hasselbeck":3kzn1laq said:
His crew called a very good game. The worst call was probably a weird false start against Eli Manning.
Well, it could be they are tired of throwing flags on the Defenses for encroachment, when the QB's are getting away with false movement, and drawing them off-sides.

They nailed Russell Wilson last week for doing it also, so I'm guessing that we'll see it called more and more.
Peyton has been getting away with it A LOT.

and lastly, this too. Agree with all of you.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Just a couple things I didn't like. The Seahawks first punt Ryan got hit hard. I replayed it 10 times. There is no way that should not have been 15 yards. I also saw a helmet to helmet hit on Miller that looked really harsh. I was almost expecting him to be held out with his history. Then on one hit of Wilson the guy drove him to the ground and lifted his legs off the ground to put a little extra smash on our boy. Other then that it was a fairly called game.
Fouls get missed, its part of the game.

jblaze

Reaction score
Pretty good game by him imo. The Manning false start was odd, they never call those things. The Kam hit is just how the NFL is over officiating big hits nowadays even though I thought it was with his shoulder and the receiver covered up which is what made it look like it was to the helmet. Hell the guy didn't even get knocked down. I got the feeling Kam held up too. He could have decapitated that guy if he wanted to.

Also there was a potential PI on Maxwell that didn't get called that easily could have been. Overall they let the guys play though and I think that's the way it should be.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The flag on Kam's hit was a bad call.... looked totally legal on replays. But unfortunately with the way the NFL is now, they're going to throw that flag every time.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
253hawk":3byhwji6 said:
The only blemish I noticed was one of Baldwin's catches that was good for 4 yards when he was hit (forward progress) but ended up being 2 where the tackle ended even though he was engaged the whole time. That set up the 1st down reversal on the next play when Lynch went out of bounds; he'd have had it easy if the ball was spotted properly. Fortunately Maxwell ended up picking off Eli on the next series and got it back.

+1

I remember this play and was wondering why they didn't give him forward progress.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sprfunk":26hn6qad said:
Just a couple things I didn't like. The Seahawks first punt Ryan got hit hard. I replayed it 10 times. There is no way that should not have been 15 yards. I also saw a helmet to helmet hit on Miller that looked really harsh. I was almost expecting him to be held out with his history. Then on one hit of Wilson the guy drove him to the ground and lifted his legs off the ground to put a little extra smash on our boy. Other then that it was a fairly called game.
Fouls get missed, its part of the game.

Yep, those were my dislikes too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
253hawk":1eptujri said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think the rule is that once Baldwin gets free enough to start making forward progress again on his own, he loses the forward progress he had previously established.

hawk45

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":2m74ncbg said:
Carey < Blakeman < Triplette < The rest

This. At home we overcome the officiating crew. In the SB, if it's Carey...I don't know what we have to do, let the air out of his tires, whatever, but if he makes it to the game that will SUHUUUUCK. The game of our lives will be no fun to watch, and I'll be sweating bullets about pivotal calls blowing it for us.

Cartire

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2hhjjah3 said:
253hawk":2hhjjah3 said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think the rule is that once Baldwin gets free enough to start making forward progress again on his own, he loses the forward progress he had previously established.

He never got free. I was yelling at the screen too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Well do you have to get all the way free? I honestly don't know what the rulebook exactly says, but personally I was expecting once he started moving forward again himself that he had given up the forward progress.

253hawk

Reaction score
His legs moved a little, but he never got going forward again by the time he was ruled down.

Latest posts