Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Nugent

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Well first we need to know blocking scheme, I don't think we are going to use the USC / Cable/ Gibbs going forward, I also think blowing a high pick on a Center when we have two on the roster and many other needs is a waste of resources. Just as really grabbing Penix would be since Geno is more than just serviceable. Getting what many have been talking about when we need DT's Edge guys, Safeties, Linebackers and Guards much more urgently. Sure it would be nice to have a QBOTHF, but building a team that can support one before grabbing one that is going to get shell shocked would be better in my book.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Not really entertaining a center until we know that Olu can't man our center position?
With Evan Brown going free agent, there isn’t much depth at the position. Anyway, I started this poll to see, if Hawks do take a center, which one would you favor?

12forlife

Reaction score
With Evan Brown going free agent, there isn’t much depth at the position. Anyway, I started this poll to see, if Hawks do take a center, which one would you favor?
Agreed but tough question to answer with not knowing if Olu is seen as our starter? If he is then we don't need to look at a backup C before the 5th.
If Olu is not looked at as our starter we need to use higher draft capital on JPJ or Van Pran? Frazier I've heard is stiff & a knee bender head stays down to much.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Third round Mason McCormick from South Dakota state

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I liked Van Pran last year especially if you can nab him mid 3rd but I rather see what 2nd year OluOlu brings to the mix considering the OCs Grubb and Huff have rolled out there in the past. Rather they fish around for some starting OGs and grab OC depth later.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
A better question would be: who do we re-sign? We have Olu and Bradford on the interior right now, with Forsythe as only backup. I don't see us picking up another starter-quality IOL and 4 backups in the draft, so we're going to have to hang on to some of our guys.

With OT Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims, Morgan, and Fautanu all receiving 1st round grades; I don't see us drafting a center who's projected in the 2nd round at 16 (as some have suggested).

_IF_ we go OL with our first pick, I see us re-signing Lewis, drafting one of the OT listed above, and then kicking someone inside if they can beat out one of the incumbents.

Lewis was a capable center when called upon too, so I don't see the need to draft a center at all as long and he and Olu are both in the fold.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t think any of us know anything about the evaluations of current players on the roster and the schemes Macdonald is intending to implement both offensively and defensively.

This unknown pretty much means anything is up for change and anything is on the plate for draft strategy, including replacing players that are on the roster and we think have a future on the team (these are Carroll players) and Macdonald can make 99 percent of changes (probably will not be that 99 percent) but you get the idea.

I just think that we largely know nothing until after the draft and then the start of OTAs….

Just go with the flow for now….

Nothing we think will happen as posters on dot net holds any actual weight…

We are in a world of unknowns right now…

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I bet MM knows Obu better than anyone with his time spent at Michigan.

bigcc

Reaction score
I bet MM knows Obu better than anyone with his time spent at Michigan.
Why?

He was defensive coordinator he probably talked to offensive guys like 3 times the one year he was there.

Also doesn't help that they were never on Michigan together but that's neither here nor there. Olu transferred the year after Macdonald left. They've probably never even exchanged eye contact before.

12forlife

Reaction score
Wow the speculation is gonna be at a premium on here until the 1st of May. I myself have my opinions & guesses of moves that will be made & players they will target. My 1st hunch is Jamal Adams is gone! New regime isn't building around those type of player is my "speculation".

Latest posts