Being in the same div as the Niners will...

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IDK.. we were in the AFC west with the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and, I don't ever recall making us any tougher.. I do remember it make us have lots of bad seasons

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The OP is not wrong but the real equalizer is the salary cap. The Rams will have to make some big decisions before too long and the 49ers might not be too far behind with that stacked roster.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IDK.. we were in the AFC west with the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and, I don't ever recall making us any tougher.. I do remember it make us have lots of bad seasons
We never should have moved to the AFC from the NFC to begin with
We got screwed by that and it wasn't going to go well.

Last edited:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
But we are the only team in the NFL to be in SB as AFC and NFC.
I don't recall us being in the SB as an AFC team.. We were in three, lost to the Steelers and Pats, beat the Broncos. We moved to the NFC in 02

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't recall us being in the SB as an AFC team.. We were in three, lost to the Steelers and Pats, beat the Broncos. We moved to the NFC in 02
This.

To OPs point, it wasn't that long ago that the Whiners had the number 2 pick and number 3 etc because they were such a poor outfit. They couldn't get any worse and all those years of bad finishes are paying off for them. It won't be long before they are in the doldrums again.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Getting home field advantage will be hard. We either have tough division opponents who would get it, or we end up losing just enough to lose that. This team cannot advance playing away from home in the playoffs. NFC south seemed the weakest and we lost to every team there. It’s just confusing how the Hawks win and lose.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Being in the same division as them makes me think about the draft. For sure the front 7 is a priority. I would say lineman for sure...the Giants showed with Lawrence and Thibadeaux how even 2 guys who can cause problems can be a big difference.

But needing to play the Niners twice a year, we could really use a Fred Warner type player who who can cover a lot of the middle and take away those crossing routes they run...or be fast enough to recover from all their mis-direction.

CPHawk

Reaction score
But we are the only team in the NFL to be in SB as AFC and NFC.
We have gone to 3 SB in the NFC. Seems like it has gone decently for us. None in the afc.

hoxrox

Reaction score
When the Yorks hired John Lynch, one of their primary objectives was to build a team that could beat the Seahawks. Well that team has arrived.

They were tired of being dominated by the Seahawks since the Holmgren era.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
All we need is Marshawn Lynch, Max Unger, Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor. How close can we get to those and maybe an Angry Doug Baldwin in this year's draft/udfas?

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I liked it when we moved to the NFC. I remember all those years of the real Super Bowl being the NFC Championship.