Battle of the Cellar dwellers TNF.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wdt4k2z said:
Uncle Si":2wdt4k2z said:
NINEster":2wdt4k2z said:
much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

WINS... and stats.

I mean just those two things though. Which may be important...

You're trying way too hard.
And not even coming close to succeeding. Quit while you're behind. Your hate is pathetic and so is your post. Barring major injury, Wilson WILL be in Canton.

As Si said, we have stats to back it up. They've been posted on this site numerous times. Why don't you find them and make a post about how they're wrong and give us some facts to back up your claims.

Oh, and one other thing. I believe you said Seattle wouldn't make the playoffs this year. I will be reminding you of that prediction once we are in.

I'm not sure if I made that claim or not. I know I'd love to make that claim, but don't think I did.

Find it for me and I'll accept it.

Anyways, I see a lot of people are getting really PISSED OFF here. How dare anyone QUESTION how awesome Russell Wilson is??? :twisted:

Fact of the matter is I didn't try and incite a Paul Allen war or a Russell Wilson war in this thread.

I gave Hawks props by knocking the freaking Cardinals for not "being able to make Kap look like garbage"........when Hernia or whomever had to pile on with the low hanging fruit. You're gonna take cheap shots while I'm around and not expect blowback? :mrgreen:

Here's my biggest issue with Wilson, and I'll make it simple:

With that DEFENSE, not winning the big one gets the QB put under a microscope every year the team fails to win it. It's why Alex Smith was essentially "finished" after the 2011 NFC Championship game, and then unofficially done after the 2012 rematch with the Giants. It was clear a great defense and Smith weren't going to get it done.

Which is the only reason Kaepernick entered the equation, and he got the 49ers into the super bowl that year having to score over 24 points to win in both playoff games. I'm sure you can put the 2+2 together why I reference 24 points.

And then Kap played in a super cold game against an NFC North team, beat them, then played in Carolina and beat them too. Does that playoff progression sound familiar?

Anyways, Wilson got 1 win because he was good enough to survive New Orleans and San Francisco (defense won both of those games much more than you were hoping). Defense won the super bowl singlehandedly. Tavaris Jackson could have won that game if needed. Maybe 29-8 instead of 43-8.

Defense has declined slowly. Still great, but not 2013 level. Lynch's run game can be replaced to win regular season games, but his old dominance will be missed in the playoffs.

So Wilson will have to shoulder a lot more in order to win playoff games.

I only judge Wilson based on that. He can throw 40 TDs this regular season and if he wins one playoff game only, then I'll be content in my judgment of him. Having a top 3-5 defense means you go far in the postseason every year with a "great" QB.

To be fair, I'm judging him the way we judge our own QBs. Alex couldn't win the big one and Colin couldn't if Seattle was in the way (and esp. in Seattle). Wilson to his credit was able to outdo both. I can't totally deny that. Even Peyton Manning last year as garbage as he was, still managed to win it all.

I'm an equal opportunity hater. Cam Newton I think is a bit better than Wilson as a passer but his clutch gene is worse, so it evens out. I definitely hate his personality and enjoyed that the Broncos in two consecutive games made him look like he didn't belong.

So end of the day:

Wilson's a decent QB that will win games and get Hawks to playoffs. After that, I look to the Seahawk run game and defense level and opponent's caliber defense to make my predictions. Wilson's level of play is tertiary.

If Vikings do major damage this year, nobody's gonna put it on Bradford and rightly so.

#TakeItEasy and enjoy your wins. :2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":f4j25xdl said:
hawksfansinceday1":f4j25xdl said:
Uncle Si":f4j25xdl said:
NINEster":f4j25xdl said:
much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

WINS... and stats.

And not even coming close to succeeding. Quit while you're behind. Your hate is pathetic and so is your post. Barring major injury, Wilson WILL be in Canton.

As Si said, we have stats to back it up. They've been posted on this site numerous times. Why don't you find them and make a post about how they're wrong and give us some facts to back up your claims.

Oh, and one other thing. I believe you said Seattle wouldn't make the playoffs this year. I will be reminding you of that prediction once we are in.

I'm not sure if I made that claim or not. I know I'd love to make that claim, but don't think I did.

Anyways, I see a lot of people are getting really PISSED OFF here. How dare anyone QUESTION how awesome Russell Wilson is??? :twisted:

Fact of the matter is I didn't try and incite a Paul Allen war or a Russell Wilson war in this thread.

I gave Hawks props by knocking the freaking Cardinals for not "being able to make Kap look like garbage"........when Hernia or whomever had to pile on with the low hanging fruit. You're gonna take cheap shots while I'm around and not expect blowback? :mrgreen:

With that DEFENSE, not winning the big one gets the QB put under a microscope every year the team fails to win it. It's why Alex Smith was essentially "finished" after the 2011 NFC Championship game, and then unofficially done after the 2012 rematch with the Giants. It was clear a great defense and Smith weren't going to get it done.

Which is the only reason Kaepernick entered the equation, and he got the 49ers into the super bowl that year having to score over 24 points to win in both playoff games. I'm sure you can put the 2+2 together why I reference 24 points.

And then Kap played in a super cold game against an NFC North team, beat them, then played in Carolina and beat them too. Does that playoff progression sound familiar?

Anyways, Wilson got 1 win because he was good enough to survive New Orleans and San Francisco (defense won both of those games much more than you were hoping). Defense won the super bowl singlehandedly. Tavaris Jackson could have won that game if needed. Maybe 29-8 instead of 43-8.

Defense has declined slowly. Still great, but not 2013 level. Lynch's run game can be replaced to win regular season games, but his old dominance will be missed in the playoffs.

I only judge Wilson based on that. He can throw 40 TDs this regular season and if he wins one playoff game only, then I'll be content in my judgment of him. Having a top 3-5 defense means you go far in the postseason every year with a "great" QB.

To be fair, I'm judging him the way we judge our own QBs. Alex couldn't win the big one and Colin couldn't if Seattle was in the way (and esp. in Seattle). Wilson to his credit was able to outdo both. I can't totally deny that. Even Peyton Manning last year as garbage as he was, still managed to win it all.

I'm an equal opportunity hater. Cam Newton I think is a bit better than Wilson as a passer but his clutch gene is worse, so it evens out. I definitely hate his personality and enjoyed that the Broncos in two consecutive games made him look like he didn't belong.

So end of the day:

Wilson's a decent QB that will win games and get Hawks to playoffs. After that, I look to the Seahawk run game and defense level and opponent's caliber defense to make my predictions. Wilson's level of play is tertiary.

If Vikings do major damage this year, nobody's gonna put it on Bradford and rightly so.

Yawn. If he was a Niner your story would be completely different. Boring.

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3d06uf7j said:
Sports Hernia":3d06uf7j said:
Yes, we were right. Seattle exposed CK's weaknesses, and the league caught on to his many flaws.

If you are going to use "his defense" as the only reason why RW is successful, I guess we can do the same for CK's early but very limited short term success too, right??? The Niners had a pretty stout defense back then right????

Russell Wilson is everything that Niner homers claimed CK was, and that pisses y'all off.

I know facts are usually not strong suits in your posts, but look up the number of comeback wins RW has in his young career.
Who led NFL in QB rating last year???? Hint his initials are RW. Oh, and there is that pretty Super Bowl ring he has, at the expense of your team I might add, remember that clutch play to Kearse in tight coverage for the late TD on 4th down?
That's pretty good for someone that you claim is overrated.

Now is Russ flawless? ........he'll no, he has plenty of flaws. The pass to Lockette in SB 49 was horrible and it was a WORSE play call. He should have audibled out of that play IMHO.

In fact one of those flaws got him hurt in the Rams and Niners games.

No QB to ever play the game is flawless, everyone has their weaknesses, some bigger than others.

Now answer me this.

Would you rather have Seattle's QB situation or SF's????

I know you are a rival fan and I don't expect you or other niner fans to give RW any kind of credit, as I read the webzone for craps and giggles from time to time. ....but look at the facts, and over the long run I'm pretty damn sure you will be wrong on your assesment.

I love this narrative. 9er fans try desperately to glorify Kaps glory days and dismiss Wilson as simply fortunate he has the defense around him. The problem is they ignore how good their own defense was during Kaps good run and completely ignore the offensive talent disparity between Kap and Wilson.

While both Wilson and Kap were having success, Kap was armored with an elite level O-line and very good receiving options. yes I know 9er fans will try and dismiss Crabs and VD but both were as much victims of Kaps inability to throw with any kind of touch as they were from being trapped in a massively dysfunctional system.

Kap had Crabs, Bolden, VD and others in his system and all deteriorated (except Boldin) while no other receivers developed. Look at Vance McDonald now that Gabbert is throwing to him instead of Kap. Meanwhile Seattle has developed a mostly UDFA receiving corp into a top shelf unit. Some of the blame goes to coaching and management but Kap deserves a big slice of that pie as well.

How did Kap do when his O-line deteriorated? Think about that. When Kaps O-line looked more like the Line Wilson has played behind his entire career, he deteriorated to one of the worst QB's in the league.

This drives some 9er fans insane. Not just that they were so obviously wrong about both Kap and Wilson but that they were told over and over by Seahawks fans how it would play out and it has unfolded exactly the way they were told it would.

For 9er fans still in delusion. Think about how good Wilson has been with a horrid O-line and below average receiving corp and then try and project how good he might actually be with what he has now. There really should be no surprise that Wilson could very possibly end up being league MVP this year and establish himself as the best QB in the league moving forward. He finally has the weapons and protection to actually thrive. Something Kap had the only time he had success.

9er fans still trying to to sling the mantra that Wilson is only good due to his defense really need to put down the crack pipe because they are really looking dumb and it's only going to get worse for them.

Rich, the Wilson/Bevell combo >> Harbaugh/Kap. Bevell is very underrated, and the fact that certain plays work brilliantly while others don't, point more to the team succeeding because of his work than Wilson's. Can't have it both ways, and praise Wilson only for the success.

The Hawk OL was always great for run blocking. Pass blocking maybe not, but guess what?

49er OL was only great for run blocking too. Pass protection was better than Hawks but not by a lot (Staley & Davis > Okung and your RT, but G/C/G, not much difference, and Unger was better than either of our centers). 49ers have a better pass protecting OL now than they ever did when Kap was starting. Unfortunately they have nobody to throw the ball or catch it so only Niner fans notice this.

Lynch >> Gore during this rivalry. Maybe if we drop back to 2009 we could put Gore on equal ground/better. Those are some dark ages for both teams, and Lynch wasn't even in Seattle then.

Crabtree/Davis/Moss/Delanie Walker/Manningham were certainly better than Hawks skill players. And guess what?

Kap took advantage so much those first few games, people forgot all about Russell Wilson and maybe even RG3 too. So it's not like he was grinding 13-10 ball games. Nothing less than spectacular play was gonna unseat game manager Smith that fast. I'm not so sure Russell Wilson's games at that point would have been enough.

So in 2013 when the Niners lose Crabtree for a chunk of the season, Delanie Walker to the Titans, Moss retired....yeah, #s dropped off fast. As expected. Still got Vernon Davis 13 TDs that year. The year after Kam took his soul.

Niners had a rough start, but managed to win 8 straight games after 6-4 start before going into Seattle.

2014 wasn't a terrible year for Kap by the #s. First half of the year, better #s than Wilson, and entire season #s better than Cam Newton. According to the media Kap regressed big time while Cam's team regressed.

So yes, I fight the good fight that Kap is/was a functioning QB with a dominant team, and would still be a starter in this league under better conditions. I can't say if the guy is mentally broken or not, but up until the beginning of last year he could have been a backup on any # of run/defense based teams like Panthers, Broncos, Steelers and won lots of games for them.

Wilson should be thanking the Seahawks for drafting him as much as they thank him for being their QB. Absolute best place for a *young* QB to play.

And about that OL that supposedly only Wilson could play behind:

If they drafted a statue, they'd simply would have beefed up the OL. It was neglected because of Wilson, not in spite of him. It will only get real attention if the Hawks have a bad season or get embarrassed in the playoffs because of it.

Wilson also has more big plays out of pocket or when pass rush loses contain than any other QB in the league. That was the first big play in the Viking playoff game for instance.

It looks like the first two games of this season got the attention going. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3armllje said:

Kap would have won a Bowl with the Hawks, and then whatever happened after that you'd defend him to the end of time.

NINEster

Reaction score
Forgot this was a Cards/49ers thread.

Somehow I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread will be disappointed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":1itat4y2 said:
Forgot this was a Cards/49ers thread.

Somehow I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread will be disappointed.
I picked the Cards in the NFC West thread, but would like to see the Niners win. Run defenses so bad there's no way though in my opinion.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
As I was reading that monologue above... all I kept seeing in my mind was:

EmotionalDisastrousIndianjackal.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":17f4ken4 said:
Sports Hernia":17f4ken4 said:
[Nice spin and dodge.
Oh and stop with the racial crap. It makes your already weak argument look even weaker.

So you are claiming that Fast Eddie didn't get popped by the Feds and wasn't a felon? Are you saying he didn't pay a million dollar fine to keep his butt out of federal prison??? Are you saying the he wasn't forced to give up control of his team to his sister by the NFL?

If so, your argument is a failed attempt at revisionist history.

His history is just that, no matter how many times Niner homers try to rewrite it.

The rich are all alike in their powers to get out of jams. Jim Irsay easily could be locked up for a lot of years if he was a regular Joe.

He was guilty of a felony, sure. I guess in your world you equate all felonies the same, like rape and murder.

"Fast Eddie" still a HOF owner, while Paul Allen will get a nice section on Microsoft's website.

Come to metaphorical Levis Stadium and post this stuff and see how fast you last.

You won't do it.
At least NOW you admitted he has a felony, that's progress I guess.

BTW, no one here called "Fast Eddie" a murderer or rapist, NO ONE, that's all conjecture on your part.

You may want to quit before you fall further behind.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1o2xcamc said:
NINEster":1o2xcamc said:
hawksfansinceday1":1o2xcamc said:
Uncle Si":1o2xcamc said:

WINS... and stats.

So end of the day:

True, he'd be the second coming of Joe Montana.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hght161 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1hght161 said:
As I was reading that monologue above... all I kept seeing in my mind was:

EmotionalDisastrousIndianjackal.gif
Thread winner right there.

I wonder if that was what Cammie was trying to do last weekend??? But failed.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":pst7d19k said:
hawksfansinceday1":pst7d19k said:

Kap would have won a Bowl with the Hawks, and then whatever happened after that you'd defend him to the end of time.

Kap would never have seen the field in Seattle. The guy is a mental midget not capable of leadership in any capacity. Haven't you been paying attention?

If somehow he did see the field he would have folded immediately behind the pass protection and lack of good targets. That is what happened to Kap to cause his regression. DC's realized he was very poor at going through progressions so they tried to take away his first read who was most often Boldin. Once that happened and with less time in the pocket, he folded like a cheap suit.

Give Harbaugh some credit. He turned Smith around in an instant and made Luck look like the next Peyton Manning. His system is why Kap had any success at all and once that system was exposed Kap needed to be able to develop but wasn't capable of it.

You are completely delusional thinking Kap would have done better than Wilson has. That is one of the dumbest comments I have read on here for some time considering all the proof available.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":12iepr45 said:
hawksfansinceday1":12iepr45 said:
Uncle Si":12iepr45 said:
NINEster":12iepr45 said:

WINS... and stats.

So end of the day:

That's funny, Calling someone on the BS they post and correcting them with facts or stats doesn't equate people being pissed
off, it just equates with your posts be inaccurate and or wrong.

#youareborderlinetrolling

See highlighted part of your post.

kf3339

Reaction score
Personally with this game tonight I'm rooting for a TIE!

Neither team looks any good to me right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1plykrm8 said:
NINEster":1plykrm8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1plykrm8 said:

Kap would never have seen the field in Seattle. The guy is a mental midget not capable of leadership in any capacity. Haven't you been paying attention?

If somehow he did see the field he would have folded immediately behind the pass protection and lack of good targets. That is what happened to Kap to cause his regression. DC's realized he was very poor at going through progressions so they tried to take away his first read who was most often Boldin. Once that happened and with less time in the pocket, he folded like a cheap suit.

Give Harbaugh some credit. He turned Smith around in an instant and made Luck look like the next Peyton Manning. His system is why Kap had any success at all and once that system was exposed Kap needed to be able to develop but wasn't capable of it.

You are completely delusional thinking Kap would have done better than Wilson has. That is one of the dumbest comments I have read on here for some time considering all the proof available.
Even though QB was a need at the time, the Seahawks had the chance to draft the Kraepper too and passed.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Thread tldr

Guy body slammed Fitz after the whistle. How is that not a flag?

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Looks like someone told the 9ers that butter is as good as stickum.