Battle for the Number 2 Pick

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
lets not count our chickens before they hatch.

i think broncos win this week. kylar murray being out matters more than rw3 being out. broncos defense is #2 in the league and should dominate the murray-less cardinal offense.

RiverDog

Reaction score
lets not count our chickens before they hatch.

i think broncos win this week. kylar murray being out matters more than rw3 being out. broncos defense is #2 in the league and should dominate the murray-less cardinal offense.
Both teams may be without their starting QB's. Russell is in concussion protocol. Besides, I'm not a big believer in Kyler Murray and feel that Colt McCoy may actually give the Cards a better chance of winning. If McCoy gets the start, he will have had a longer time to work with his offense than Rypien would with his.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I agree with your point. You left out Justin Herbert who was the 6th pick in 2020.
I listed QBs taken with a top 3 pick, Herbert, along with the likes of Mahomes Allan and Tua but also players like Mac Jones, Love, Haskins, Rosen, Lynch and of course Johnny Manzel who were selected later in the first round than No 3.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Both teams may be without their starting QB's. Russell is in concussion protocol.
that's what i eluded to. it's the battle of the backups. but what defense is each playing against?

AZ is currently allowing the highest PPG in the league (26.8). the broncos defense has been vastly superior to this point.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Broncos are stuck with Wilson, for the next 2-4 years. Unless he gets injured. The problem isn't the QB, the problem is how to make the QB better. They can't give up on him, but they have to give him better weapons, or improve the OL, since it's a big investment for them.
I don't how they do that since they gave all their cap space money to Wilson. It's the same thing that happend when they extended him in Seattle. If the QB is Mahomes, the team can survive giving him all the money, but if he's mediocre, or bad, the whole team is gonna be the same.

OP
OP
F

Followthelegion

Reaction score
The Denver offense is riddled with injuries on the Offensive Line and run game + WRs (think Sutton will still be out). Not sure I'd be too adamant that Denver win this week.