Baldwins almost TD

slateman77

Reaction score
Was really surprised to see Dougie not get his second foot down for that TD catch as he is the king of the toe drag. Looked like a pretty easy one to do too. Well...from an armchair quarterbacks view that is. Anyone think his injuries have anything to do with that ??

D

DomeHawk

slateman77":ar3lasvy said:
Was really surprised to see Dougie not get his second foot down for that TD catch as he is the king of the toe drag. Looked like a pretty easy one to do too. Well...from an armchair quarterbacks view that is. Anyone think his injuries have anything to do with that ??

First thing I thought, and I am glad he didn't push it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Commentators were pretty hard on him for not getting the 2nd foot down, which makes you think he certainly should have.

Not sure how the injury impacts that except maybe mental?

Cartire

Reaction score
He may have thought he was further in. He was tracking the ball for a minute. I dont think injury entered his mind, guy is to competitive. He definitely wanted that one back and watching the film tomorrow, he'll call himself out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have seen Doug turn that into a TD so many times I consider it routine for him. I do wonder if his knee issue might cause him to have concerns about dragging the toe and causing further injury, but that’s just speculation on my part. He could have just not been aware he was that close

sutz

Reaction score
It's his 3rd game back after injury. Yeah, he should have got that toe in, but I'll cut him some slack on this one.

Like the poster above said, nobody will be harder on Doug than Doug. Everybody misses one every so often.

chris98251

Reaction score
He said when he came back his best will be about 80 percent this year, he needs something fixed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He should have had a TD. It's ok, he wasn't targeted much today. It's great to see other receivers emerge and not having to rely on Baldwin solely for the passing attack. Lockett and Moore have really stepped up their game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Playing with 2 bad knees I’m sure he does not have the flexibility he normally does.

OP
OP
S

slateman77

Reaction score
Cartire":3g8sm8dh said:
He may have thought he was further in. He was tracking the ball for a minute. I dont think injury entered his mind, guy is to competitive. He definitely wanted that one back and watching the film tomorrow, he'll call himself out.
After going back and looking at the play again you are 100% correct. He did drag his left foot but it was after he was a foot out of bounds. He just misjudged where he was which is still quite unusual for dougie.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
How would his knee injury impact a toe tap in that situation? He made a mistake, fortunately it did not impact the outcome today. That’s a play you expect your receiver to make. He had the space, the announcers were right to criticize.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qicoab1 said:
I have seen Doug turn that into a TD so many times I consider it routine for him. I do wonder if his knee issue might cause him to have concerns about dragging the toe and causing further injury, but that’s just speculation on my part. He could have just not been aware he was that close
Doug is usually pretty aware of those little details, but the Defender looked like he was going to try'n crowd him to a non catch, & I think Doug was putting his all in making the catch, and didn't realize that his momentum had him a bit closer to the OB line.
He'll adjust better next time, he's the consummate PRO Receiver. :irishdrinkers:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Doug has been suffering from some poor field awareness this year. He's had a few catches short of the sticks on 3rd down, and now not seeming to know he's almost out of bounds. Very odd for him.