Atlanta at Tampa Bay Tonight

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Rooting for Tampa Bay. Yes, we defeated Atlanta already, but that team still concerns me if we make the playoffs and have to face them. Better for us if Atlanta drops in the standings to keep them from getting home field over us.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Atlanta doesn't scare me at all. They're the same Atlanta. Wouldn't shock me if Atlanta fades in the second half and Carolina catches them. Probably won't happen, but Atlanta is known for fading.

Unfortunately, Atlanta probably wins tonight. Just too many injuries for the Bucs on offense. They're down to their 4th string RB (no Martin, no Sims, no Jaquizz) and are really hurt in the WR corps. After Mike Evans, they have a bunch of nobodies at WR.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
meh not a fan of the lobster thief...gotta few fantasy players in this so watching a bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ex UW kid Josh Perkins with the near TD.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seems like a flag fest.

Even called TB with OPI when Evans blocked downfield....would've been nice on Sunday

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Donovan Smith the LT for Tampa makes Sowell look like Walter Jones.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1nzkv6ba said:
The Bucs unis have to be the ugliest ever devised, who could win in such ridiculous garb? :pukeface: :34853_doh:
...wait until the seahawks play their thurs game...those things are dreadful.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1unb0n5l said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1unb0n5l said:
The Bucs unis have to be the ugliest ever devised, who could win in such ridiculous garb? :pukeface: :34853_doh:
...wait until the seahawks play their thurs game...those things are dreadful.
Seattle is going to wear those bright green gag fests? :pukeface:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dang was hoping the Bucs could pull it out but the Falcons are just too good on offense. Getting the #1 seed is looking tougher and tougher with each passing week and mounting injuries. :(

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Aros":vae8fdkl said:
Dang was hoping the Bucs could pull it out but the Falcons are just too good on offense. Getting the #1 seed is looking tougher and tougher with each passing week and mounting injuries. :(

Based on what ? They have 2 losses.. so do we... Dallas has 1 loss... Your acting like there is a undefeated team and we already have 4 loses... Lots of time left .

ARhawk

Reaction score
I'd much rather a decent Atlanta team win that division than Carolina. Carolina would be on a hot streak if they make they playoffs, and I wouldnt want to play a surging Carolina team in the playoffs. I like that Atlanta is distancing themselves in that division because they dont scare me at all.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah no need to worry about home-field. We are only one loss behind the Cowboys. And don't forget we own a tie-breaker with Atlanta. Once Atlanta has to start playing road games in November/December against someone better than Tampa, they will fold. Like the Saints, they are a finesse team that is built for the dome. The rest of their schedule is pretty tough, looking at it, wouldn't surprise me if they finish the year 3-4.

Right now the worst case scenario looks pretty favorable, we lose home field to Dallas. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. If we have to go play an NFC Championship game in Cowboys stadium, it will basically be a neutral field game.

Fade

Reaction score
The #2 Seed is everything for the Hawks this year. They need that bye week since their bye was so early this year.

The Hawks would just have to win 1 home playoff game to be in the NFC championship. At that point I wouldn't care where it was played.

On Atlanta, they are built for the regular season. They don't have the pass rush to be a factor in the playoffs.

silverjoel

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2iqss08d said:
Yeah no need to worry about home-field. We are only one loss behind the Cowboys. And don't forget we own a tie-breaker with Atlanta. Once Atlanta has to start playing road games in November/December against someone better than Tampa, they will fold. Like the Saints, they are a finesse team that is built for the dome. The rest of their schedule is pretty tough, looking at it, wouldn't surprise me if they finish the year 3-4.

Right now the worst case scenario looks pretty favorable, we lose home field to Dallas. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. If we have to go play an NFC Championship game in Cowboys stadium, it will basically be a neutral field game.

You (the Seahawks) don't really have a tie-breaker over the Falcons any more due to the tie. You can't look at losses any more as a team that finishes with the same amount of losses would have one more win. The only teams you can tie at the end of the season currently are Arizona and Washington.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
silverjoel":1zihltcy said:
Hawk-Lock":1zihltcy said:

You (the Seahawks) don't really have a tie-breaker over the Falcons any more due to the tie. You can't look at losses any more as a team that finishes with the same amount of losses would have one more win. The only teams you can tie at the end of the season currently are Arizona and Washington.

The scenario I think Hawk-Lock is getting at is ending with the same number of wins. If the Falcons end at 11-5 and the Hawks end 11-4-1, Hawks will be ahead because they lost one less game.

Pretty sure that's how it works. Who knows, maybe the Falcons tie with the Saints and we all end at 10-5-1. We hold a breaker over the Falcons for beating them. Saints hold it over us for beating us.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3t4oqcyq said:
Pretty sure that's how it works. Who knows, maybe the Falcons tie with the Saints and we all end at 10-5-1. We hold a breaker over the Falcons for beating them. Saints hold it over us for beating us.

That's not how that particular tiebreaker would work though. First they'd have to settle the divisional tie and decide who wins the SOUTH. Once that is decided, they would then work out the ties for the conference rankings. As the Falcons have already beat the Saints once this year, they'd win the division.

It is possible, however unlikely, that the Falcons and the Saints could both tie other teams, and the Saints could win the next meeting against the falcons setting up a really long tie breaking scenario for the division. In which case if the Saints won and we were tied with them, we'd lose, but this is so unlikely that I'm not sure why I even typed it out :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Atlanta is the Bizzarro Seahawks.

We have an amazing defense that just needs the offense to be average to compete for a SB.........and Atlanta has an amazing offense that just needs it's defense to be average for them to compete for a SB.