As much as it pains me…I hope the 49’rs win next week

94Smith

Reaction score
Also, losing the Super Bowl takes a toll on a team. I think our best chance of overtaking the digits for the NFCW crown comes from the kind of Super Bowl loss that leaves their players questioning their organization and coaching.
Probably not considering the two nfc campionship losses and one superbowl loss in the last 4 years changed nothing

Somos doces

Reaction score
Who is this "Mahommes' character everyone seems so excited to see play? From the descriptions, he sounds a lot like the Chiefs' quarterback -- but that guy has a totally different name, so I'm confused.

I'm with those who hope KC wins the game. I don't really dislike any of the players on San Francisco -- in fact, I enjoy watching many of them play and the schemes their coaches come up with*. But the team is one of the Seahawks' division rivals, so there's no way I want to see those guys hoist the trophy.

*unless they're playihg the Seahawks, of course...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Eh, people need to learn to spell their own last names better. I guess Mahomes makes more sense.

I had to Google how to spell Matthew McConaughey earlier. Can you believe that's how his name is spelled? Either it's not spelled right, or it's not being pronounced right.

Same things with Brett Favre. If it's supposed to be pronounced Farve, then they should have put the ******* r in front of the v.

Pisses me the **** off.

knownone

Reaction score
If you are so sick of Taylor Swift that you want your division rival to win the SB, it might be time to reevaluate your fandom.

Side note: I don't understand the recent forum obsession with spelling names. Yes, people should eventually learn how to spell prominent names correctly. But if it doesn't hinder your understanding of the post, does it matter? It's not like we're talking about grammar, which leads to miscommunication far more often than misspelling a name like Mahomes.

Somos doces

Reaction score
If you are so sick of Taylor Swift that you want your division rival to win the SB, it might be time to reevaluate your fandom.

Side note: I don't understand the recent forum obsession with spelling names. Yes, people should eventually learn how to spell prominent names correctly. But if it doesn't hinder your understanding of the post, does it matter? It's not like we're talking about grammar, which leads to miscommunication far more often than misspelling a name like Mahomes.
Totally agree with that first point.

And not to hijack this thread, but here's my thinking on spelling names correctly. First, I am a former copy editor and editor, so I can't stand misspellings anyway. But beyond that, grammar and punctuation rules are admittedly tricky, with lots of gray area, so yes, I think most folks are willing to give grace when these elements are used incorrectly.

Spelling, though, while sometimes tricky, is pretty black-and-white: a word is either spelled correctly or it isn't. There are hundreds and thousands of places where fans can see the names of NFL players, coaches, owners, GMs, etc., spelled correctly, includiong the backs of players' jerseys themselves. There is just no reason to spell them incorrectly, when a simple, three-second Google search will tell you how to spell them right.

This is especially true for players and personnel on a fan's favorite team. If you root for the Seahawks, you undoubtedly see their names spelled correctly in print and on TV, hundreds of times per season. When you write about that person, just spell their name that way.

That said, I do typically overlook misspellings of names, but "Patrick Mahomes" is one of the most well-known and commonly seen names in the NFL today. I'm honestly baffled how anyone can type "Mahommes" and think "Yup, that's right."

I guess this is yet another reason I'll be rooting for the Chiefs next week. We'll get to see the #15 Mahomes jersey dozens of times during the telecast, and on the screen after the game, preceded by "Super Bowl LVIII MVP Patrick."

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think the thing that rubs me the wrong way with the Chiefs is that it's WAYYYY too soon (after the Patriots) for another "dynasty" team. Dynasties aren't supposed to be this often, and it makes all the BS I hear every year about them (dynasties in general) sound like...well, BS.

"Goodell wants parity", "Can't pay everyone", "The draft is a crapshoot", "Can't have good Offensive/Defensive Coordinators for long because they'll get poached", and so on.

If the Chiefs can get away with it and go to the Superbowl for 4 out of the last 5 years, why can't ANY of the other 31 teams in the NFL? When will all this "parity" and BS that prevents dynasties catch up with them?!

**** the Chiefs, I don't even care that it's the 9ers. I hope the 9ers burn the Chiefs dynasty to the ground and gives them a Superbowl hangover that lasts for as long as possible and I don't have to hear how great the Chiefs are for at least a decade.

Awesomely said.

I'd just add - **** both of them.

NoGain

Reaction score
I like dynasties. I like greatness. The Lakers and Celts in the 80's. The Bulls in the 90's. The Packers in the 60's. Etc... It focuses the attention of other franchises about what's most important about sports. Winning.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The only team I want to be a dynasty is the Seahawks. I want to be the team everyone else hates and roots against.

I am not thrilled about SF or KC. Seahawker4life put it best... The best outcome is for their planes to crash into each other. Does that mean I want them to die? No. Sometimes people survive plane crashes. I hope they all survive and are only injured for a couple weeks so they miss the Super Bowl. Nothing permanent. As far as the pilots and flight attendants? Eh, I'm fine with them dying.

NoGain

Reaction score
The only team I want to be a dynasty is the Seahawks. I want to be the team everyone else hates and roots against.

I am not thrilled about SF or KC. Seahawker4life put it best... The best outcome is for their planes to crash into each other. Does that mean I want them to die? No. Sometimes people survive plane crashes. I hope they all survive and are only injured for a couple weeks so they miss the Super Bowl. Nothing permanent. As far as the pilots and flight attendants? Eh, I'm fine with them dying.
I hear you. I grew up in Chicago as a young precocious sports fan and our teams pretty much sucked in every sport during all my formative years, or lost heartbreaking playoff contests. From 1963 (just too young to remember) till the 1985-86 Bears, no major team in basketball, hockey, football, or baseball won ONE championship. When the Bears won it that year, they did it with an almost collective vengeance for all the sports fans in Chicago. It was beautiful. The only shame of it all was that the Bears never had a decent and healthy QB they could count on, or they would have won at least one more SB and been considered a dynasty team.

But then the Bulls came on in the 90's. I experienced being a fan of a true dynasty team. Six championships in eight years and if Jordan doesn't go off to play baseball...eight-peat minimum.

Now being a Seattle sports fan after moving out here years ago, I'd love to see us a dynasty team in football, baseball, or basketball or hockey. But I'm not holding my breath. The Seahawks were close. But that play...that god forsaken play killed that idea.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a football game, even if it's not the match up most of us wanted. Feels like a legit toss-up game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Imo this is the worst super bowl match up since Rams Patriots where I literally hate both teams. Imo it doesn't matter at this point how many titles KC wins. They are a legacy team and getting a huge push with the Swift publicity stunt. One more win doesn't matter..

The niners legacy however is dated. For them to go to another super bowl and lose would be even sweeter imo. Ya getting there is great but losing another will have a lasting effect. I hope they lose and I hope it's another crushing loss where one of their main stars literally gives the game away. Look what happened to our team after 49. I want worse for the 49ers.

I want the storybook ending for the Chiefs and Swift. Mahomes dad will be the designated driver for the after party....

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The important question. What brings about the 9ers demise the fastest? A win, or a loss?. If they win, Purdy is God, CMC is Jesus, and everyone bows to them and the holy ghost, Shanny.

If they lose, they will have felt the sting yet again of doing all the work to win it all, getting 99% of the way there and failing.

Go Chiefs
I hope they win just because it makes the Seahawks better to have that caliber of team in our div. It's like the era when we won it all, but jacked.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I’m sick if the Taylor Swift narrative and a loss will hopefully put an end to future player/celebrity NFL lovefest.

Besides. Channeling my inner “Greg Kihn Band” psyche…I want to here the next greatest breakup song
Mods - please Ban.

Latest posts