AP not ready to retire

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
He got a lot of credit for Penny taking a more mature approach to the game. Is he legit coaching material?

olyfan63

Reaction score
He got a lot of credit for Penny taking a more mature approach to the game. Is he legit coaching material?
I think he can be an OK technical consultant/position coach for RBs, I personally think he would need YEARS of mentoring from someone along the lines of Pete Carroll (regarding motivating players) to be actual coach material. He comes from the wrong place, psychologically, if you look at his personal history, for leading/motivating others.

However, in the situation with Penny, AP was a great technical consultant/mentor/motivator because he could operate within Pete's coaching framework, and Penny was highly motivated to improve and totally respected AP as a player, and Penny's game needed some of the elements and mindset that AP's game had.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think he can be an OK technical consultant/position coach for RBs, I personally think he would need YEARS of mentoring from someone along the lines of Pete Carroll (regarding motivating players) to be actual coach material. He comes from the wrong place, psychologically, if you look at his personal history, for leading/motivating others.

However, in the situation with Penny, AP was a great technical consultant/mentor/motivator because he could operate within Pete's coaching framework, and Penny was highly motivated to improve and totally respected AP as a player, and Penny's game needed some of the elements and mindset that AP's game had.
What do you mean? He can whip these
Players into shape !!