Anyone agree with Brendan Nelson on our CBs?

TraderGary

Reaction score
toffee":1yhes3w5 said:
Brendan's opinion on our CBs, thoughts?

https://youtu.be/9jMUOzkGhsQ

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Barring a late acquisition like Sherm, I do believe it will be Reed and Witherspoon as the starters with Tre Brown as the backup for both.

Despite what the Hawks are saying about a perceived change of philosophy regarding CB height and measurables, I don't believe PC would go into a new season with both his starting CB's at or under 5'10", particularly given the receivers we'll be facing twice a year in the NFCW.

Reed and Blair will be the nickel corners.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I found the premise and methods kinda spurious. There's so much missing context.

All I know from that video is that the dude likes spreadsheets.

TraderGary

Reaction score
nanomoz":3p3e7uqh said:
I found the premise and methods kinda spurious. There's so much missing context.

Completely agree

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
nanomoz":24872m4h said:

nothing wrong with data and analytics :)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
"avert your eyes" regarding the numbers on Flowers. Funny in a sad sort of way

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Since we are talking about the CB position, a lot of people have said DJ Reed's success might have got Pete to go away from his usual physical preference and draft Brown. Perhaps Flowers did the same thing in a negative way....help convince Pete that just height and long arms isn't going to necessarily translate to success.

Own The West

Reaction score
This dude's metrics are garbage.

Per snap? So if you're playing across from Burnt Toast, you'll be an all-pro because you'll never get thrown at!

Also, Bradley McDougald broke Pete's mold of the long, rangy DB. Although they've also been looking for more physicality (Marquis Blair, Tre Brown) to get some of that 'Boom' back.

Flowers should go back to safety. He doesn't play well with his back to the ball, and despite being long he's too soft to play bump and run. Tre Brown will take his job on physicality alone.

I'm generally a Pete defender -- can't argue with success -- but he leaves me scratching my head on these projects like Flowers where they struggle and never get a chance at their natural/preferred position.

See: Pocic (C), Ifedi (RG), Carpenter (RG) ...