Another 'vote' for Penix

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

It 'is' heavy.com - but it's another arrow pointing in Penix's direction.

Everyone here seems to love him -

But, we have no draft pick!

So, part of my original question from the QBOTF thread:

How would we pick him up? What would we give up?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I suppose this has the ring of success to it:

Penix to Bobo, he scores!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Penix is the man. Even stayed at UW one more year to run back a shot to win it all. Front runner for the Heisman as it stands now. He's clutch, has a cannon for an arm, can run if needed but does his best work from the pocket.

Everyone talks about wanting that QB that can carry the team when necessary, and that's Penix. Look no further than his 2 play destruction of Oregon to put the Dawgs ahead and win that game. Cool, calm, and dropping bombs. 😎

He should be there when we pick in the first round. I'd have no issues with that. I'm sure some Mel Kiper groupie will argue that, but I personally don't care.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Penix is the man. Even stayed at UW one more year to run back a shot to win it all. Front runner for the Heisman as it stands now. He's clutch, has a cannon for an arm, can run if needed but does his best work from the pocket.

Everyone talks about wanting that QB that can carry the team when necessary, and that's Penix. Look no further than his 2 play destruction of Oregon to put the Dawgs ahead and win that game. Cool, calm, and dropping bombs. 😎

He should be there when we pick in the first round. I'd have no issues with that. I'm sure some Mel Kiper groupie will argue that, but I personally don't care.

I've never seen his highlights of any kind before - I just don't follow college ball at all -

Looks pretty sweet!

He's a lefty! I wonder how lefty's have done in the NFL in general - and coming from college. I'll have to google it.

They run some weird Offensive lines in college apparently. I've never seen that front with the bunches on both sides and the big gaps - but again - I don't watch college ball.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I've never seen his highlights of any kind before - I just don't follow college ball at all -

Looks pretty sweet!

He's a lefty! I wonder how lefty's have done in the NFL in general - and coming from college. I'll have to google it.

They run some weird Offensive lines in college apparently. I've never seen that front with the bunches on both sides and the big gaps - but again - I don't watch college ball.
UW mostly plays in Pro Style offense. Occasionally there's a fun wrinkle like that TE pass for the 2 pt conversion in the Oregon game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Looks pretty sweet!

The 13 best left-handed QBs in NFL history according to Sporting News. There are a few on there I wouldn't consider top QBs but the list is slim pickings so they probably had to include them by default. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...uarterbacks-ranked/1gfisifp3odjf1rgqjqwhp0ay4

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Tua is doing fine in the NFL right now as a lefty. I don't really think it's a big deal.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score

Looks pretty sweet!

Lucas will protect his blind side, perhaps better than Cross could for a righty.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Penix would be great in a Seahawk uniform. Another couple of Huskies players that also would be good would be Odunze and McMillan. I think McMillan most likely comes back next year if he's unable to finish this season. Huskies have an embarrassment of riches this year. Hopefully they are able to capitalize on this.

If Penix and Odunze are both on the board when the Seahawks pick, who do you choose? I think most would say Penix.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic if they got Penix, except for the fact the Hawks have never drafted a qb in the 1st round under Pete, as has been discussed ad nauseum in the qbotf thread. That said, if not now, when? Time to finally go all in on the most important position, like they do with nearly every other position except qb.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

It 'is' heavy.com - but it's another arrow pointing in Penix's direction.

Everyone here seems to love him -

But, we have no draft pick!

So, part of my original question from the QBOTF thread:

How would we pick him up? What would we give up?
Let's wait until 12:30 PM.... Then see how the number shake out. I believe that Penix will be a chaimpion NFL quarterback.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic if they got Penix, except for the fact the Hawks have never drafted a qb in the 1st round under Pete, as has been discussed ad nauseum in the qbotf thread. That said, if not now, when? Time to finally go all in on the most important position, like they do with nearly every other position except qb.
They never drafted a Corner in the first either.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UW mostly plays in Pro Style offense. Occasionally there's a fun wrinkle like that TE pass for the 2 pt conversion in the Oregon game.
It’s about as pro as Leach ran.
Penix would be great in a Seahawk uniform. Another couple of Huskies players that also would be good would be Odunze and McMillan. I think McMillan most likely comes back next year if he's unable to finish this season. Huskies have an embarrassment of riches this year. Hopefully they are able to capitalize on this.

If Penix and Odunze are both on the board when the Seahawks pick, who do you choose? I think most would say Penix.
if you like Geno, you’ll love left handed Geno.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That was a big dick rocket pass down the middle!