Another Skip Bayless thread

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Do you think he will say something positive about our boys one day?
Does he really believe the nonsense he says?
Does he dream of Russell Wilson?
Can he beat a baby seal in a fight? :sarcasm_off:

Could care less, but its Seahawks related so you here u go.

[youtube]fx3K8oXAGIc[/youtube]

Edit: Had to add the :sarcasm_off: emoticon so some of you could see that questions asked above were purely satrical jabs at all the "x person hates the hawks" threads that have been pooping up as of late.

Axx

Reaction score
facebook_15-20110809213350-00001.png

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Who's that Danny Kanell guy? Liked what he had to say. Was very knowledgeable and was able to articulate his opinions very well.

seatownboy

Reaction score
I don't like certain teams, you don't like certain teams. Skip doesn't like the Seahawks, no reason to hate the guy to the extreme this board does. Not every reporter is going to be behind the hawks not a big deal.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Skip Bayless is obviously at times just a douche, but its good to have discussions/debates over these things. It can't be all Hawk love all the time... except here! Hahaha

I agree with the above post about Kanell. He is well spoken, articulate and seems knowledgable.

kearly

Reaction score
Skip's going to hate us for a long time, even though he doesn't actually hate us at all.

Bailess hated the Seahawks before he loved them before he hated them again. His opinions aren't based on rationalizations, he is nothing but a pure contrarian who likes to get attention by going against the grain, which typically means holding a really dumb opinion most of the time. If anything is hyped, he rarely misses a chance to resist it. So long as the Seahawks are hyped, Bailess will be saying "not so fast." The hype for this team won't be going away any time soon, so get used to Bailess doubting our team.

It's really just that simple. You'll notice there is no substance to his rebuttals, he's just playing lawyer to justify his positions.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1009jd8m said:
Who's that Danny Kanell guy? Liked what he had to say. Was very knowledgeable and was able to articulate his opinions very well.

Ex NFL QB. To lazy to look it up, but I believe he played for the Giants.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
kearly":10fsiw7m said:
Skip's going to hate us for a long time, even though he doesn't actually hate us at all.

Bailess hated the Seahawks before he loved them before he hated them again. His opinions aren't based on rationalizations, he is nothing but a pure contrarian who likes to get attention by going against the grain, which typically means holding a really dumb opinion most of the time. If anything is hyped, he rarely misses a chance to resist it. So long as the Seahawks are hyped, Bailess will be saying "not so fast." The hype for this team won't be going away any time soon, so get used to Bailess doubting our team.

It's really just that simple. You'll notice there is no substance to his rebuttals, he's just playing lawyer to justify his positions.

You sir hit the nail on the head. As stated in my OP, I could care less what he thinks. I think the quote in your SIG sums it up rather well.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
The 12th man Blitzkrieg to Skip's twitter account cracks me up.

I don't watch these shows or ESPN for that matter anymore, but damn, that woman is Ef I in E fine.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Am I supposed to care? Though Cannell is good he was mostly a backup quarterback for the Giants like David Carr currently.Awesome job if you can get it. Seems pretty intelligent actually.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think Bayless is just contrarian to create intrigue. For instance, the height issue, I mean, does he really think that Wilson is going to tank just due to height after doing well last year (in regards to finding throwing lanes and not getting balls batted down). That's just an old tired argument and one that is easy to turn to. When he's proven wrong he can just say it's a testament to how great Russell is and turn the whole thing around and profess his love and everyone will say he's a man for admitting a mistake.

Picking Arizona out of a hat to surprise. Honestly, that would shock me. I think they have a good D, but I think the Rams are much more poised than the Cardinals. In regards to Honey Badger changing the way Arizona plays D, are they crazy? Arizona has had a great D all the while. I'm sure he'll have an impact, but to act like that D is all turned around by him is just a discredit to the D that they had last year under Horton. Docket is a stud along with a bunch of other guys. If Palmer can't get it together, it's just gonna be another long year for them.

I did enjoy the banter. I remember Danny Kannell (did I spell it right?) from college and the pros. I didn't know he was doing this kind of thing. Interesting.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
His argument for TF over Wilson is..."He's 6'4" and uh...uh...6'4".

Damn.

That's bad TV.

Crash123go

Reaction score
It's espn man, they are a dying network when it comes to football. First take is the WORST sports program on any channel at any time. Bayless is a flip flopper who knows just as much football as the above average fan has in their pinky

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why do we care about what Skip Bayliss thinks about the Seahawks?

Listening to his rantings usually not based in fact or normally on the oppositional contrarian view is a waste of time. His schtick is to create controversy and his arguments are normally based on whatever idea will stir the pot the most.

It's laughable that he is annoyed that Hawks fans are using his twitter account to slag him when he tries to raise his profile by doing the same thing in another way. Boo Hoo, karma bites.

We all should simply ignore him and just skip Bayliss. It will improve all our lives and we won't be missing anything of importance. Maybe he will go away, but if not we shouldn't care. He's just noise and an unwelcome distraction from positive thought.

Frankly I'm capable of thinking on my own and don't need the slightest help from his undisciplined contrarian ranting. I'm now done with Bayliss threads.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3up2n3sn said:
Why do we care about what Skip Bayliss thinks about the Seahawks?

Listening to his rantings usually not based in fact or normally on the oppositional contrarian view is a waste of time. His schtick is to create controversy and his arguments are normally based on whatever idea will stir the pot the most.

It's laughable that he is annoyed that Hawks fans are using his twitter account to slag him when he tries to raise his profile by doing the same thing in another way. Boo Hoo, karma bites.

We all should simply ignore him and just skip Bayliss. It will improve all our lives and we won't be missing anything of importance. Maybe he will go away, but if not we shouldn't care. He's just noise and an unwelcome distraction from positive thought.

Frankly I'm capable of thinking on my own and don't need the slightest help from his undisciplined contrarian ranting. I'm now done with Bayliss threads.

Nobody in this thread gives a s#%7 what Skip has to say, have you read the comments? The purpose of posting the video was to give attention to a debate (albeit one sided) about our boys in blue and green. I mean, THIS IS A SEAHAWKS THREAD IS IT NOT? Skip Bay less aside, the rest of the commentators were actually quite articulate and enjoyable with good knowledge of the team on subject. Ignore Bayless and watch the rest. Not that hard.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
seahawk 17":3v4a2okj said:
-The Glove-":3v4a2okj said:

Ex NFL QB. To lazy to look it up, but I believe he played for the Giants.

Wasnt a bad QB at Florida ST. Was suppose to be a "really good" Qb in the NFL,,, If my memory is correct

uncle fester

Reaction score
Skip Bayless is the Simon Cowell of football - a pantomime villain. That's the extent of his job.

Kakaww

Reaction score
He can get away with his role when it's a flavorful, shallow debate with Stephen A, chalk full of "he's a bad bad man" and "that's disrespectful!" Skip fails badly when engaged in intelligent debate and evaluation like in that vid, where thoughtful opinion based on experience and study is concerned. I'm sure he could build a strong case for Seattle being overrated if he actually tried, but he is clearly not interested in that. Being contrary and uninformed gets him far more attention.

Danny Kannel sounded really passionate and knowledgable, but Skip has his own show. Shows what the audience values more.