And now he gives a TO away

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We're getting an extended timeout in a high-leverage moment. The challenge wasn't to challenge, it was to regroup before the stand that determines how much of a shot we have. Stopping the clock a single time is an incredibly infinitesimal consideration when compared to the gravity of this GL stand attempt.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We're getting an extended timeout in a high-leverage moment. The challenge wasn't to challenge, it was to regroup before the stand that determines how much of a shot we have. Stopping the clock a single time is an incredibly infinitesimal consideration when compared to the gravity of this GL stand attempt.
There we go.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Great take if ya believe that Pete puts that much thought into his challenges

I suppose it’s possible

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Great take if ya believe that Pete puts that much thought into his challenges

I suppose it’s possible
I think he does.

He's known to do this to arrest the momentum of opposing teams, and despite this, he maintains a generally average to above average challenge win percentage.

GemCity

Reaction score
They stopped the TD…but, I still question the decision.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I understand that but you blew a timeout in a two possession game late in the 4.th it was stupid

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He wishes he had it now I guarantee it
Shit, I'm sure he wishes he had more points, too. But it's not a coincidence that we were able to regroup and fend off Pittsburgh after pausing the game for a minute or two.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is wrong Pete admitted post game he thought he was winning the challenge
It wasn't an admission so much as an explanation. He said he thought there  might be something there and weighed the limited downside of losing the challenge accordingly.

In the same statement, he implied that if they were in a position to save timeouts or challenges, he may not have thrown it. This indicates that he didn't really feel very sure about his chances, he just threw it anyway after a small glance at screen.

And to be fair, they weren't really in a position to worry about saving timeouts compared to using anything at their disposal to help their current defensive stand. The psychological need to keep hope alive for as long as possible is responsible for the feeling that the timeout really mattered when the team was up against the wall anyway and needed that stop. To get that stop they needed to arrest momentum. The slightly longer stoppage helped with that.

It sounds to me like he weighed the risk accordingly. I can't help but assume that the game situation was included in the process of weighing that decision.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Sure sounds like he knew after it was a mistake to throw the flag.

cymatica

Reaction score
It wasn't an admission so much as an explanation. He said he thought there  might be something there and weighed the limited downside of losing the challenge accordingly.

In the same statement, he implied that if they were in a position to save timeouts or challenges, he may not have thrown it. This indicates that he didn't really feel very sure about his chances, he just threw it anyway after a small glance at screen.

And to be fair, they weren't really in a position to worry about saving timeouts compared to using anything at their disposal to help their current defensive stand. The psychological need to keep hope alive for as long as possible is responsible for the feeling that the timeout really mattered when the team was up against the wall anyway and needed that stop. To get that stop they needed to arrest momentum. The slightly longer stoppage helped with that.

It sounds to me like he weighed the risk accordingly. I can't help but assume that the game situation was included in the process of weighing that decision.
It's hilarious that you are actually defending that God awful decision

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's hilarious that you are actually defending that God awful decision
Talk football or don't.

I could not actively give less of a shit what you think about my posts.

Challenge slowed the game down and the defense suddenly regrouped and held them out of the endzone? Think it's a coincidence? Tell me why, because I don't think it was. Think the timeout was worth more than the game management effect? Go ahead, sway me.

Latest posts