Am I the only one feeling fairly optimistic?

schkoot

Reaction score
I’m still optimistic. I just can’t quite understand how this game was supposedly. “must win”

kidhawk

Reaction score
I find it hard to be optimistic after the loss but I’m far from bein fb pessimistic.

vladimirg98053

Reaction score
When it was 4th and 8 there at the end, I was hit with a moment of clarity a bit. I was nervous sure, but before the play it occurred to me that even if we didn't make it I would be very happy with the outlook of this team. Sure our offense kept stalling in the red zone today, but our oline was atrocious and was filled with backups and players not in their main position. The only thing I'm really irritated with personally is the fact that our oline health is so bad this year so far. As for this team, our defense looked great after the first few drives and especially in the second half. Our offense was moving the ball as well, we just couldn't get out of our own way with penalties and our oline was letting them get to Geno almost as fast as they could snap it.

Either way, I think the future is very bright for this team. I do not understand those panicking, but it is a loss so I guess that is warranted. We just need our oline to get healthy and I think we're looking at a great run...

Plus, we're still 3-2, it's not like we're 1-5.
Dear Seahawks fan, read my lips - unfortunately with this QB and coach we will never become a great team we were when we won Championship.
We had "Legend of Boom" but unfortunately after Wilson demanded almost half of teams money Pete coach decided that we don't need our great defense and stated "it is Wilson team now" - we all know what kind of disaster it became...

acctingman

Reaction score
This is a fringe playoff team.

Offense play calling is mediocre.
QB isn't top 5 or top 10 (imo)
Oline is dogshit

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Here's the problem:

You say that O-line suckitude was mostly responsible for the loss. I AGREE.

But where were the 12/13 packages/formations designed to help the line?

They've been working for weeks and, even though we were facing that exact issue, Waldron never adjusted.

When your OC continuously does not adjust to what is actually happening on the field, your team will never accomplish anything of note in the playoffs.
Agreed. I’m no expert but it seems on third and five or so we went empty backfield a lot and didn’t have anything quick planned. So Geno got sacked. Maybe run Walker and Charbonette back there at the same time so they can help block if needed in pass pro and leak out of the backfield. Anyway we didn’t seem very creative and certainly didn’t seem to run any quick hitting plays on those situations where they seemed warranted. ESP after a bye week.