AI-generated Seahawks mascot

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AI is not really intelligent. It is a mixture of algorithms that vary according to the programmer and his programming. Hope we have some intellectuals here that understand the programming.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We probably won’t, but future generations may find out that “Terminators” was more prophetic than we can imagine.

Like most technology, there’s a good side and a not so good side, and like almost everything else, many will poopoo or scoff at the notion.
Indeed.

You know what actually scared me? 3 weeks ago my son was here visiting. He used to work for me in the family IT business. Off the cuff he mentions that the other day he needed some automation done for some networking stuff. He got CHATGpt to generate the code that he needed, plugged it in, and it worked.

Just like the viruses created by Skynet in T2 - to take over the commercial computing grid. It's scary shit. And it's real.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Indeed.

You know what actually scared me? 3 weeks ago my son was here visiting. He used to work for me in the family IT business. Off the cuff he mentions that the other day he needed some automation done for some networking stuff. He got CHATGpt to generate the code that he needed, plugged it in, and it worked.

Just like the viruses created by Skynet in T2 - to take over the commercial computing grid. It's scary shit. And it's real.
It’s absolutely “real” and just like almost every other controversial topic some understand and some will scoff.

Fact: a house divided will not stand.

Those that have intentions of using “AI” as a weapon are counting on our society having lost it’s ability and desire to to do it’s own thinking.

Won’t be long and someone will be along to say I’m I'm full of shit and/or paranoid.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Russia already has crew-less tanks and the US and UK are also working on them. The Terminator scenario is a lot closer than we think unfortunately.

Totally agree that we need legislation to control what can be done, but the fact we have people like Musk, Bezos, etc means that these experiments will never be totally controlled (there are other billionnaires, I just used those as examples)

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
People who live in cubicles are attempting to make virtual reality the only reality.
How long until all social media is robotically created using account clones which post for each of us?
Auto correct (?) is already using deception by making changes that do not go live until the submit button is activated. When on a site that does not offer the edit function to submitted content you are stuck with whatever change was made.
'Life' will soon be just another video game.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It’s absolutely “real” and just like almost every other controversial topic some understand and some will scoff.

Fact: a house divided will not stand.

Those that have intentions of using “AI” as a weapon are counting on our society having lost it’s ability and desire to to do it’s own thinking.

Won’t be long and someone will be along to say I’m I'm full of shit and/or paranoid.
I don't think you're full of shit or paranoid. Just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

In my comment about my son, I truly don't think people understand how scary the fact is that:

He asked a computer to program another computer. It did that. And it worked. Without context. Without experience. Without training. We didn't need to 'reverse engineer neural net processors'. It's here now, and it's just software.

And I further agree with the premise that 'bad actors' are going to misuse/weaponize the technology - and there's very little the governments around the world can do about that.

Imagine asking the computer: "Please shutdown the electrical grid in Italy." and have it learn how to, and actually do that with no prior experience. Imagine 85% of the knowledge workers in all economies being replaced by AI in the next 5 years.

Rant off.

Edit: and the generated mascot is still stupid looking ;)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The mascot looks hideous.

AI will be utilized for immoral purposes, particularly by Bellicheck to decipher what the opposing team's game plan is going to be.

Stay vigilant

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm posting this in the Seahawks main forum because it's sorta mainly Seahawks related, but I'm not entirely sure about it. If it should be elsewhere, I throw myself at the feet and mercy of all offended parties.

Anyway... Brandon Perna at That's Good Sports, a noted Denver Broncos fan, has become a great source of entertainment for many of us because of his prolonged spiral of agony at the hands of Russell Wilson. So I was checking his website out several days ago, and he has a couple of short videos on AI generated mascots for each team. The Seahawks mascot made me laugh so hard I cried. I present it here for your enjoyment or torture.

View attachment 59246
Could be from the same Planet these guys came from....Killers20From20Space2028Custom29

Palmegranite

Reaction score
This is the AI alternate:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_180243_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_180243_YouTube.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Maybe we can solve a controversy and give this number to Artie Burns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_180850_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_180850_YouTube.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1