Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Michael Jerrell

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (UDFA)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
My adopt a rookie last year didn't get to play (McIntosh) so I'm wary of heading another bandwagon...but I'll start the DJ James fanclub. Think he'll be able to find a good fit within the new scheme.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I've gotta go with Knight. As mentioned in another thread, he was hand-picked by Mike Macdonald himself so that's really saying something.

Zybot

Reaction score
AJ. Going to be watching with a lot of curiosity as to his development. Haynes you my backup.

Scout

Reaction score
DJ James.

Auburn has a recent history of putting out tall scrappy DBs that translate well into the pros (eg Jamal Dean). Size is the main concern with DJ James from my view but he has the frame to add at least 10 lbs without losing his speed IMO.

Pritchett has the better height/weight combo but both players have upside like when the Bucs drafted Carlton Davis('18) and Jamal Dean('19).

So Pritchett's frame is closer to Carlton Davis while DJ James is closer to J. Dean. Ironically their play mirror each player I am comparing to them respectively.

But they are not just "zone" corners as they can play m2m and press which is a nice bonus with both of them.

GemCity

Reaction score
Murphy…hard to say that about our top picks. I think the “feel good” part about adopting a rookie threads is taking an underdog and watching him pan out.

But, damn I love this Murphy kid.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Michael Jarrell for me. After taking UDFA George Fant back in the day, I seem to have an affinity for overlooked, but athletic, Tackle Prospects. Listen to his news conference on Youtube, extremely well spoken, high character, loyal. Would love to see him develop into a solid starter in the lineup. Just like Fant, he was a basketball player as well that converted to Football, so a lot of raw athleticism. Young man not only got his degree, but also earned his MBA.

Last edited: