Adams Not Expected To Participate In Mandatory Minicamp

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Walter Jones held out of 3 straight training camps. He was just fine and he certainly wasn't a diva. Brown a Diva? I don't see it that way at all. He's a beast, and you can't blame a guy for trying to get another contract.
People spend a lot of time saying it's "business"
Same goes for Hawks players. And Adams isn't holding out. Yet

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r9rsvdv said:
First Adams, then Brown.

What is this, diva season? There is a "mandatory" in front of "minicamp." What is next, diva-ing out of training camp?

Brown on his last year, he is old for a NFL player but still able to play at a high level, he needs a new contract before he puts his body on the line and possibly gets hurt and becomes a questionable player trying to get a contract instead of a top end player. He isn't being a jerk, he is looking after his career, he is proven and is marketing what he has to sell, Seahawks have an advantage at the moment to retain him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
" It may be...". "His agent probably..." "They may..."

It's all pure conjecture, click bait. Look at the sources....profootball yak, Oregon dead or live...

There's a lull in any real news, so throw a dart at a spinning wheel, add plenty of "mights, Mays, possibles, and could be's, throw in some fluff, such as numbers pertaining to another player, and you have a story.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1quhfoo6 said:
Sounds like they are doing him a solid. Shoot, before Wags got his big contract, he didn't practice either. Sure he was there, but not doing any drills etc. No need to risk it before getting that big contract.
National and Local media will likely blow this out of proportion. Oh well, not worried one bit. This will get taken care of. The front office is like any other, some hits and misses. I just don't agree that the Adams trade was a bad thing. All a matter of opinion. He is a game changer.

I think This is one of those situations where we just got to trust JS and PC to work this one out...you would think they have a plan they know what type of person JA is when they traded for him.. they knew he was going to want big money when they gave up the 2 1st rounders... This will be an interesting one, the question show much patience are they going to have with JA...

LTH

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1407034993281544192[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ijlq0vc said:
First Adams, then Brown.

What is this, diva season? There is a "mandatory" in front of "minicamp." What is next, diva-ing out of training camp?

Since when is two very good players in the last years of their deal wanting new contracts "diva-ing?"

We shouldn't fault any player that has played well and now has the leverage to ask for a new deal, that's how this works.

No different from the team having leverage on players who were hurt or performed poorly the year before asking them to take a pay cut or risk being released.

xray

Reaction score
His $$ demands might be worse for the Hawks in the long run . gb Adams .IMO

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
John Clayton:

It’s pretty clear the Seahawks and safety Jamal Adams are not close to a contract extension.

An Adams’ deal should come in at around $16 million a year, but if he wants to get to the $17-18 million range because of his record sack numbers, that would be a problem for the Seahawks. Adams, who is set to make $9.8 million on his fifth-year option this season, cost the Seahawks two first-round picks and more, and they need to get something done. Adams will be one of the biggest stories in training camp.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Schneider for as nice of a guy as he is, is one of the toughest contract negotiators in the league.

So I can see this one dragging out all the way until the season starts, or maybe into the season if Adams is digging his heals in and demanding the Hawks pay him DE sack money, and no just the usual 1-2M over the last highest paid safety money.

I'd be VERY wary of giving a guy who's coming off two major off season surgeries what Adam's is asking for. But John and Pete should have known this before trading for him, that his playing style would lead to early and often injury problems.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of handwringing here, he's healing, has got a family " issue " and is still dickering on his new deal, which I predict will get done prior to the season starting. This is and will remain a complex negotiation. I also predict Adams will be healthy and have a other strong season.

The haters want him gone b/c the team traded 2- 1sts plus a 3rd rd picks for him and seeming are prepared to just give away a 5 time Pro Bowl SS who is brilliant at blitzing for diddly squat. Did i mention he has been a ProBowl level player for 5 consecutive seasons?

Some folks just can't see that keeping this player makes the team much stronger. :177692:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1jvv34ld said:
Some folks just can't see that keeping this player makes the team much stronger. :177692:

I love Jamal, he's a top 5 defensive player in the NFL, but no one can tell me they're not nervous as hell committing the kind of contract he wants with his recent injury history. He's got Kam written all over him, his style of play is his greatest asset, but will lead to a short injury filled career.

So color me nervous and pessimistic about giving a player like that in year #5 of his career 18M+ a year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I completely believe it's reasonable and fair to be nervous and concerned about this player's upcoming contract, but he is a special player and a team cornerstone type player who has clearly demonstrated he is talented and brilliant at times. What chafes is the desire of some to trade him away for whatever the team can get, when he proved last season in reduced games b/c of his injuries that he is an exceptional addition to the team.

One of the key reasons the Jets traded Adams was his potential contract issues with them and their unwillingness to redo Adam’s deal early, even though he had a case to justify his position. The Seahawks in trading for him sent a message to Adams that they wanted him and are still negotiating with him. Nobody expected this deal to be easy to complete or without complication. The two sides are still talking and negative spin can be expected by the media looking for a ‘story’, or to create one. The team while presently limited by the decreased cap is looking strong going forward. Dealing with a hard cap isn’t easy but they are doing well so far this offseason. The team is well positioned to keep Adams and any other player they wish to keep.