Aaron Rodgers: “We were the better team today”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm already tired of seeing this Aaron Rodgers quote in every article about the game. It's just incorrect.

All the "flukes" were just examples of one team being worse than the other.

Downing the ball after the int? Bad play.
Clinton Dix ignoring the 2 point pass? Bad play.
Ball bouncing off helmet of player who was supposed to be blocking? Bad play.

A team that makes bad plays leading to a loss,while the other team makes good plays to win... Which team was better?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Agreed mm. Flukes are things like controversial ref calls but thankfully this was one of the rare playoff games this year not to be decided that way. It came down to the teams playing football and the Seahawks played better football if you look at the entire 60 minutes + overtime. Arguments to the contrary are trying to pick and choose which plays should "count" - ie. Bostick's play shouldn't count because he is "just on ST."

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
12thbrah":1ypwkfc7 said:
Seahawks (5 min + OT) was greater than Green Bay's 55 min. Nuff said.

Now when the Hawks put it together for a full 60 min you should see a result similar to what happened in SB48.

I pike that way of thinking!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
this is a game packs fans will never get over.

perhaps one of the best come backs ever....not for score but surely for speed etc. etc.

i am still digesting it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Their super offense only put up 16 points on our D given 5 turnovers. Our D kept the game in reach for us. The Pack fans keep saying how if only this or that happened. Well if you do that then what if we didn't throw 5 picks or Russell have his worst day ever. Our offense had a horrible day and there D took advantage of it. There offense had a meh day and our D took advantage of it. They let off the gas at the end of the game and what do you know. They lost. They were not the better team. We were. IF they were better they would have won. Anyone can play good football for part of a game. But the game is and has been 60 minutes.

ManBunts

Reaction score
minormillikin":32njlvnv said:
I'm already tired of seeing this Aaron Rodgers quote in every article about the game. It's just incorrect.

All the "flukes" were just examples of one team being worse than the other.

Downing the ball after the int? Bad play.
Clinton Dix ignoring the 2 point pass? Bad play.
Ball bouncing off helmet of player who was supposed to be blocking? Bad play.

A team that makes bad plays leading to a loss,while the other team makes good plays to win... Which team was better?

I've gotta be honest, of all the plays to point fingers at, I can't fault Burnett for downing that ball. He was playing it safe to keep possession with 5 minutes to go. He figured that with a great QB like Rodgers they could burn up a lot of clock with some short throws and runs. Who was he to know that their OC was a dimwit and wouldn't even TRY to get a first down.

Really I think if I'm a Packer fan though, it comes down to the uber-conservative play calling. You have John Kuhn, leading Eddie Lacy, from half a yard out, if not closer. 500lbs of muscle only needed to go a foot and you have a TD. But you kick? TWICE!? You can't pass that opportunity up, not in the freaking Championship game. I put this one squarely on McCarthy's shoulders

Status
Not open for further replies.