A little bit about me...

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
:greetingsearthling: So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others. So I hear that it has been stated I am a hands off owner, nope. I am very active. I post quite a bit and am on the forums alot(especially during game days!). I enjoy forums, and I enjoy talking sports.

So the first thing I will be doing for the .NET is updating the forum software. It will not be phpBB any longer. It will be updated to the latest Xenforo software. If you have been on any other forums, those forums are probably running on XF. The look of the site, colors, logo, images, will still be the same, but it will be different due to XF working differently than phpBB. Alot of you will probably not like it at first, but please give it some time as most end up enjoying alot of the new bells and whistles that come with it.

Sorry, but phpBB is just so outdated and not the greatest when it comes to mobile friendliness.

If you have any questions for me, please post them here as I would be happy to answer them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You had me at the alien greeting emoji.

Welcome Bryan! I hope you find this community a rewarding return on your investment. 24 years and counting with the support of you and those before you, it remains the best Seattle Seahawks fan forum on the interwebs.

If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask. Go Hawks!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shaggy":3i7x30ex said:
:greetingsearthling: So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others. So here have stated I am a hands off owner, nope. I am very active. I post alot and am on the forums alot(especially during game days!). I enjoy forums, and talking sports.

So the first thing I will be doing for the .NET is updating the forum software. It will not be phpBB any longer. It will be updated to the latest Xenforo software. If you have been on any other forums, those forums are probably running on XF. The look of the site, colors, logo, images, will still be the same, but it will be different due to XF working differently the phpBB. Alot of you will probably not like it at first, but give it some time as most end up do.

Sorry, but phpBB is just so outdated and not the greatest when it comes to mobile friendliness.

If you have any questions for me, please post them here as I would be happy to answer them.

This sounds promising already.

You have a few users in your pocket who have been here forever and will give any feedback you desire. Welcome.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1csv2rpa said:
Shaggy":1csv2rpa said:
:greetingsearthling: So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others. So here have stated I am a hands off owner, nope. I am very active. I post alot and am on the forums alot(especially during game days!). I enjoy forums, and talking sports.

So the first thing I will be doing for the .NET is updating the forum software. It will not be phpBB any longer. It will be updated to the latest Xenforo software. If you have been on any other forums, those forums are probably running on XF. The look of the site, colors, logo, images, will still be the same, but it will be different due to XF working differently the phpBB. Alot of you will probably not like it at first, but give it some time as most end up do.

This sounds promising already.

You have a few users in your pocket who have been here forever and will give any feedback you desire. Welcome.

For sure and I hope they do.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Welcome! Good luck trying to keep these hooligans in line. Looking fwd to the new format.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hi Shaggy. Thanks for taking this on.

I started lurking in around 2002. Posting in 2005 in the Net Nation 12 days (few here will even remember that). And being a frequenter not long after that.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
nanomoz":1afbx2lm said:

I started lurking in around 2002. Posting in 2005 in the Net Nation 12 days (few here will even remember that). And being a frequenter not long after that.

Ha ha, I see your sig with a gofundme link to help keep .NET up and running. Who's getting that money raised so far? I'll send you over my paypal or bank account info. :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yes, thank you for taking on this project. All I can offer is to do my best to create readable and interesting posts that promote meaningful discussion, and the occasional corny joke. Ray :2thumbs:

flv

Reaction score
I figured the phpBB platform would go. XenForo is much more user-friendly, particularly for posting images and other attachmants.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
flv":1gw1yt6x said:
I figured the phpBB platform would go. XenForo is much more user-friendly, particularly for posting images and other attachmants.

So where do I know you from? ASFN?

acer1240

Reaction score
Cyrus12":33ks412g said:
Welcome! Good luck trying to keep these hooligans in line. Looking fwd to the new format.

Nobody likes Canada.

I hope the new owner bans Canadian users.

That said, I welcome new ownership and may even throw a few bucks your way if you fix the Radish game forum.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
acer1240":376nt4eq said:
Cyrus12":376nt4eq said:

Nobody likes Canada.

That said, I welcome new ownership and may even throw a few bucks your way if you fix the Radish game forum.

Fill me in on that? What's wrong with the forum?

acer1240

Reaction score
Shaggy":29ukkd1i said:
acer1240":29ukkd1i said:
Cyrus12":29ukkd1i said:

Nobody likes Canada.

The original game day forum was labeled as the Radish memorial game day forum as a tribute to the most beloved member in the history of this site.

Wen changed it for no ******* reason whatsoever. Many money paying members actually left after he ignored the protests.

Edit to add :

I don't know how long you've been around here, but Les (Radish) was the heart and soul of this place. Todd created it, but he made it a community.

Wen did not care about his legacy.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Shaggy":2twpl4x9 said:
acer1240":2twpl4x9 said:
Cyrus12":2twpl4x9 said:

Nobody likes Canada.

Radish was Les who used to lead off every game day forum with commentary. He passed away from heart problems and about a year later the forum title of "game day" was changed whereas Radish was sent to an archive forum that no one now reads.

He was like our Hall of Famer. That's why I think the game day forum should be renamed the Radish forum.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Shaggy":2604don1 said:
nanomoz":2604don1 said:

Ha ha, I see your sig with a gofundme link to help keep .NET up and running. Who's getting that money raised so far? I'll send you over my paypal or bank account info. :p

Whoever Jameson Wick is. A previous owner, I guess? I'll delete it. If you have a new fundraising drive, make sure to share it.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Welcome Shaggy. I do not like you any less or more than anyone else on this site, therefore that is all.

flv

Reaction score
Shaggy":2um1n3is said:
flv":2um1n3is said:

So where do I know you from? ASFN?
I have an account there, same name, no posts. If you know me at all it would be from Hoopla. There aren't a lot of Rams fans there.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Welcome Bryan. A lot of good people here and looking forward to seeing the improvements. I have to admit, The Radish game day forum was and should be returned for our Ring of Honor Les.

acer1240

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1tb42eo5 said:
Shaggy, seeing as you are the owner of this site, I think your user name should be Shaggy Main.

As a name he has the right one for the best answer in the history of answers.

"it wasn't me"

Can you please ban Cyrus12 Shaggy? He's racist and hates Native Americans as well as Tom Hanks.