5th Round - 148th pick - Alton Robinson DE Syracuse

The Breh

Reaction score
ivotuk":3bkul1fj said:
Interesting back story, and IMHO, an unfair portrayal of who this young man is.

I think the Robbery and "20 years" is profiling BS. He took his G/Fs phone, left the purse, and everything else. There was some physical interaction, but we'll never know how much because "witness was uncooperative."

To me this sounds like a Girlfriend/Boyfriend fight over "Who've you been texting? I know you're texting that other guy! Let me see your phone!"

Both times, he grabbed her purse, pulled the phone out of it, and dropped the purse. I'm sorry, but what "Robber" leaves the purse behind? And why was she still with him after the first time if he had "Robbed" her? GF/BF argument seems much more plausible than "Robbery and 20 Years!"

Remember this guy?

Man Imprisoned, Cleared of r@p* Has NFL Tryout With Seattle Seahawks

Long Beach high school football standout Brian Banks served five years on a r@p* charge before the accuser recanted her testimony

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/loca ... t/1924647/
Bingo.
Accusations prove very dangerous.
Guilty until proven innocent and irreversible damage has already been done.

olyfan63

Reaction score
If Cliff Avril is involved with this young man, that can only be a GREAT thing!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like quite a few were surprised this guy lasted til the 5th. Loved hearing that Cliff has been working with him.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":zad9td1u said:
Cliff knows what it takes to be a DE. If we drafted him then I'd say Cliff let the f.o. know
Took the words right out of my mouth Walt.That reminds me somewhat of a great song, uuumm :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's great that Cliff coached him up during the pre-draft process. Hope he has taken his lessons to heart and can emulate his mentor.

OttosGrove

Reaction score
Hi guys - Syracuse fan here just wanting to offer up one little tidbit as to why Alton's production dropped from last year to this year. Basically, last season we had a dominant interior lineman named Chris Slayton who left early and got picked up by the Giants last year, so he was gone this past season. Then our next best defensive tackle got hurt early in the season and wound up taking a redshirt, so suddenly we were down our two best DTs. We had a couple decent guys on the inside but not nearly the same level as those two, which meant that a lot more attention could be paid to Robinson (as well as our other DE, Kendall Coleman, who just got picked up by the Colts as an UDFA). With no truly disruptive interior line play, opposing teams were free to double Alton a lot more. He still at one point in the year (not sure where he finished) was among the top 5 defensive linemen in the country in terms of % of snaps getting pressure on the QB, though. He's got a lot of talent, hopefully he pans out well for you guys!

Also: regarding his past and the reason he ended up in JUCO, from those I've talked to who are around the program a lot, he never had a single off field issue and there were zero concerns during his time at SU. He had a reputation of being a really good teammate and a team guy.

titan3131

Reaction score
OttosGrove":1mnva48f said:
Hi guys - Syracuse fan here just wanting to offer up one little tidbit as to why Alton's production dropped from last year to this year. Basically, last season we had a dominant interior lineman named Chris Slayton who left early and got picked up by the Giants last year, so he was gone this past season. Then our next best defensive tackle got hurt early in the season and wound up taking a redshirt, so suddenly we were down our two best DTs. We had a couple decent guys on the inside but not nearly the same level as those two, which meant that a lot more attention could be paid to Robinson (as well as our other DE, Kendall Coleman, who just got picked up by the Colts as an UDFA). With no truly disruptive interior line play, opposing teams were free to double Alton a lot more. He still at one point in the year (not sure where he finished) was among the top 5 defensive linemen in the country in terms of % of snaps getting pressure on the QB, though. He's got a lot of talent, hopefully he pans out well for you guys!

Also: regarding his past and the reason he ended up in JUCO, from those I've talked to who are around the program a lot, he never had a single off field issue and there were zero concerns during his time at SU. He had a reputation of being a really good teammate and a team guy.

Thakns for the tid bits!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
OttosGrove":1zcmehiy said:

Great post, and add this to him working with Avril raises my estimation of Robinson's potential as a Seahawk. Grateful for the vids in OP. All the above put together paints a colorful pic of what we have to work with. And what we now have to work with overall is a whole different thing that where we were at last year. With our new toys teams will be less able to focus on Clowney. Imagine what that could mean for Clowney's production...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Couple of tidbits: His name is pronounced "Owlton" (Per Jim Nagy)

Jim Nagy loves the guy "He's so long!", and has a conspiracy theory that at the Senior Bowl, Detroit HC Matt Patricia was trying to "hide Alton by playing him 3-Tech." "You can't play that guy at 3-tech! He won't succeed there, he's an Edge Rusher!"

TOM, JAKE AND STACY -- Hour 2 - Senior Bowl Director Jim Nagy on Seattle's 2020 draft haul

Who better to help Jake and Stacy unpack Seattle's 2020 draft class than Senior Bowl Executive Director Jim Nagy? He joins the show to start the second hour. What kind of player are the Seahawks getting in Jordyn Brooks? Nagy lets you know.

In Four Down Territory, would you take Cam Newton as a potential backup to Russell Wilson? On The Timeline, Jake apparently isn't the only accomplished athlete in his family.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Stacy

Latest posts