56% of Hawk coaches have 5 or fewer years experience

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you have a concern that 56% of all of the Seahawk coaches have five or less years of experience? There are certainly pluses and minuses to this however, a number of these guys are in their first year with an NFL team. For instance, the offensive line coach is in his first year and the defensive line coach is in his 3rd year.
Well, for all those that felt we went stagnant and the game had passed us by, they certainly can’t complain about that anymore.

Makes me wonder what the negative Nellys will bitch about next.

This will either be great, or it will make wish we were more careful with our wishes.

Time, and time alone will tell.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you have a concern that 56% of all of the Seahawk coaches have five or less years of experience? There are certainly pluses and minuses to this however, a number of these guys are in their first year with an NFL team. For instance, the offensive line coach is in his first year and the defensive line coach is in his 3rd year.

Can it be both concern and excitement? high risk high reward? The good thing as a fan is...you really don't have much risk. It's not YOUR job on the line if the team fails to produce.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
This is fine. Now, are they all exceptionally good at their disciplines?

Any job I've had, year 5 to 6 is the sweet spot. You've mastered the job, but haven't been at it so long that you're stuck in your ways, or jaded.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I think on the plus side there's new ideas. I think having Leslie Frazier as assistant head coach helps smooth things a bit. He's been around the block and probably a good mentor. It's not all going to be smooth sailing at first.

I do think Pete was a millennial coach in a gen z world

toffee

Reaction score
Can someone share the names of college OC who were instant successes after entering the NFL? Quite sure there would be a good list, I am just too lazy to look.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, for all those that felt we went stagnant and the game had passed us by, they certainly can’t complain about that anymore.

Makes me wonder what the negative Nellys will bitch about next.

This will either be great, or it will make wish we were more careful with our wishes.

Time, and time alone will tell.
First loss of the season, they'll be here.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I wanted Brian Callahan instead of MacD.

Every QB he has worked with, turned to gold.

Not only that, his father joined him as Oline coach.

What a wasted opportunity.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wanted Brian Callahan instead of MacD.

Every QB he has worked with, turned to gold.

Not only that, his father joined him as Oline coach.

What a wasted opportunity.
I mean, except every single quarterback he worked with prior to working under Zac Taylor in Cincy, of course.

BASF

Reaction score
I mean, except every single quarterback he worked with prior to working under Zac Taylor in Cincy, of course.
Oh c'mon. It was amazing how previous pro bowl QB Matthew Stafford didn't make another pro bowl while Callahan was on staff. It was also amazing how previous three time pro bowl QB Derek Carr didn't make another pro bowl while Callahan was on staff. I guess you could give him credit for Peyton Manning continuing to be Peyton Manning after the neck injury during Callahan's time with the Broncos, but it is not like he was the QB coach.

toffee

Reaction score
I'm still laughing at someone assuming that hiring Macdonald was a mistake.
John Schneider put his career on the line in hiring the best coach there to be hired. Schneider waited and waited in the hiring process, and eventually blessed with the smartest, most genius candidates, and officially the youngest head coach in all of NFL.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
They'll make up reasons, too. This fanbase isn't one that can handle losing anymore. Regardless of how or why it happens, if it does happen there will be plenty of seething.
Somewhere along the way this fan base became entitled and expect wins to come easier than a trip to McDonald’s. Doesn’t matter the reasons or the seasons. If the Seahawks don’t win any given game during the season then all the keyboard coaches and GMs bitch and moan about the terrible job everyone is doing. Death, taxes and dot net. Predictable to the end.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Once you accept that every loss is going to be followed with posts about how the season is lost and every win followed by posts anointing us to playoff success, that trend actually becomes kind of amusing.

GemCity

Reaction score
This fanbase is no different than others when it comes to rants about losses.

I’ve become quite amused with Broncos and Niners forums these past few years. Literally…comedy. Pure, absurd comedy.

Latest posts