5-1 — 5-5 one game closer

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Welshers":1xki8b3u said:
Where you at, zchurch?

He can stay away IMO.

It's 1 thing to make the original thread but quite another to start a "I told you so" thread after 1 loss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or if someone is dooming and glooming all week, why not come on and eat some crow.
We've all been wrong about stuff, it happens. But it just seems odd to me that people can't just own up to being wrong and/or give the Hawks some credit. They won.....but...…

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
For those old enough to be Maxwell Smart fans "Missed it by that much"

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1i43nmb2 said:
For those old enough to be Maxwell Smart fans "Missed it by that much"

Heros and Icons tv late night. Local aired channel.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2l10k5ty said:
Or if someone is dooming and glooming all week, why not come on and eat some crow.
We've all been wrong about stuff, it happens. But it just seems odd to me that people can't just own up to being wrong and/or give the Hawks some credit. They won.....but...…

I was wrong. Eating some crow supper. Especially delish out of the crockpot.

But let's face it, against the Rams we absolutely sucked. The ints. The nonexistent defense. Lack of heart. It wasn't just that one game, it was others.

And yesterday it was like night and day. Disciplined defense and offense playing complimentary. ST looked like they were with it more too. We got close in the fourth but I had this feeling (unlike usual) that it wasn't going to be maybe we'd lose. It seemed the Hawks got and maintained control.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was plenty nervous about that game. Arizona is a solid team. I think we outplayed them in both games. But, a split with those guys seems pretty on par....

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You can jump on zchurch all you want but he was a lot closer to being right than he was to being totally off base.

We only looked dominant in one of those 5 games after the 5-0 start and that was against an even more beat up team than us.

I think we are fortunate to get out of the last 5 games with a 2-3 record given the beat up nature of the teams secondary, RB group and OL.

Hopefully health will improve and we can take the easy part of the schedule by storm and win the next 4. Then we have rematches with Rams and SF to likely determine the division.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They handed the game at Arizona away. Outplayed them most of the day. Arizona is fortunate they didn't get swept.
All in how you look at it. Predicting 5 losses in a row is a stretch, adding a 2nd thread to rub it in after the 1st loss is next level. Does that feel good? It shouldn't, but to each his/her own.
Just MY opinion, but if you're willing to throw the team under the bus, you should also be willing to take the flack for it. Let alone maybe actually give your team credit? They held Kyler to 15 yards rushing, outplayed them most of the day and held them to around 350 total yards and 21 points. That's pretty damn good imo.

rcaido

Reaction score
Guy will forever be known as 5-5 guy to me.

Chapow

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1xbv3qu5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1xbv3qu5 said:

I was wrong. Eating some crow supper. Especially delish out of the crockpot.

But let's face it, against the Rams we absolutely sucked. The ints. The nonexistent defense. Lack of heart. It wasn't just that one game, it was others.

And yesterday it was like night and day. Disciplined defense and offense playing complimentary. ST looked like they were with it more too. We got close in the fourth but I had this feeling (unlike usual) that it wasn't going to be maybe we'd lose. It seemed the Hawks got and maintained control.

Sure, but every team has bad games. For some reason though, when the Seahawks have a bad game it's because that's who they really are, a bad team. When other teams have a bad game, it just gets written off as they just had a rough day but they're still a good team and will bounce back.

Our worst games of the season were a 10 point loss on the east coast to a good Bills teams, and a 7 point loss to a good Rams team.

The Bucs have barely squeaked by a terrible Giants team by 2, lost to the Bears, and got absolutely curb stomped 2 weeks ago at home by the Saints in a game they lost 38-3.

The Saints in 3 consecutive weeks, needed OT to beat the Chargers by 3, beat the Panthers by 3, and beat the Bears by 3. Very close games against not very good teams.

The Packers got destroyed 38-10 against the Bucs, lost to the Vikings, and just one week ago had a very close 24-20 win against a terrible Jags team.

The Rams lost to a 49ers team that was missing like 84 players due to injuries, lost to the Dolphins (who according to some here aren't even a decent team), and only managed a 7 point win against us when we had by far our worst game of the season and as you say, absolutely sucked.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Outstanding post, couldn't have put it any better myself ^^^
And to add to the fact that so often, when the Hawks lose, it's because "they suck"
When they win, it's because the other team had an "off day"
What's the deal with that? If they win on Monday vs. the Eagles, you know all we will hear is that "it's just the Eagles"
Well, you can only play who they put on the schedule. Plenty of very good teams have squeaked by vs. lesser opponents. It's not unique to Seattle. I know a lot of people expect a blowout in some of these upcoming games, and that's fine, but it's not realistic. And I certainly don't care how they win, how it looks or what the score is. We all know how Pete does things, it would be VERY nice if they would go for the throat and blast a team and keep the foot on the throat. But he just doesn't coach that way.
Getting a win, the only stat that actually matters