49ers get a 3rd round pick

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
For McDaniel due to identifying as an African American in his hiring by the Dolphins for compensatory. Not to sound racist but this reminds me of the movie “Soul Man” with C Thomas Howell and Rae Dawn Chong back in the 80’s lol :p

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":8eeqgtqn said:
For McDaniel due to identifying as an African American in his hiring by the Dolphins for compensatory. Not to sound racist but this reminds me of the movie “Soul Man” with C Thomas Howell and Rae Dawn Chong back in the 80’s lol :p

Um “not to sound racist”? Man you are already labeled a racist. This statement don’t help you. :141847_bnono:

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers got 2 3rds for Saleh, 2 3rds for McDaniel and could get 2 thirds for Demeco Ryans next year. Shanahan coaching tree is spreading roots and branches.

Stud

Reaction score
I'm a 1/4 Japanese and don't necessarily identify as Japanese per say. I guess some people like to pull the Elizabeth Warren and claim the 1/10000 of ancestry they are.

getnasty

Reaction score
So the Dolphins are off the hook for being rasict for firing Flores then?

Elemas

Reaction score
As a white middle-aged man, this pleases me.

If we have to have an off approach (such as hiring criteria being based off skin color) to finally guide our lives by the phrase “All men are created equal…”, so be it. Eventually, equality should be the norm and we can stop being ignorant, racists pr*cks and get past this whole skin color shenanigan.

Racism is one of the most ignorant things…ever. NO race is superior. NO race deserves more than another.

/offSoapBoxNow

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
GemCity":dmurpgty said:

If we have to have an off approach (such as hiring criteria being based off skin color) to finally guide our lives by the phrase “All men are created equal…”, so be it. Eventually, equality should be the norm and we can stop being ignorant, racists pr*cks and get past this whole skin color shenanigan.

Racism is one of the most ignorant things…ever. NO race is superior. NO race deserves more than another.

/offSoapBoxNow

I’ve always considered things like integrity, honesty, hard work, kindness, patience, loyalty, friendliness as most important characteristics. It’s a sad sad world where race is more important in hiring then those and a dozen more. Diversity is not the most important overriding guiding principle. Only racists think so.

Elemas

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2ezsnjbb said:
GemCity":2ezsnjbb said:

/offSoapBoxNow

I’ve always considered things like integrity, honesty, hard work, kindness, patience, loyalty, friendliness as most important characteristics. It’s a sad sad world where race is more important in hiring then those and a dozen more. Diversity is not the most important overriding guiding principle. Only racists think so.

Agree with everything..except the last sentence. Perhaps insinuating that I’m a racist? If so, you’re way off.

Unfortunately, in our society, there is this thing called white privilege. There’s also something called police brutality. Actually, there’s way too much to list here. People that do not believe these things exist are likely racists.

TAB420

Reaction score
GemCity":5ckq3kkz said:

/offSoapBoxNow
If the goal is to achieve equality then skin color shouldn't be rewarded one way or another. I always thought the basic definition of racism is to include or exclude base on race or color. How is this not doing just that? If im missing something please let me know. To me, it feels like we're going backwards. I wish equity for all. I just don't see how this gets it. I'm an Irish/Native American with enough Native blood to qualify for my tribal number. I've really never identified as one or the other though so maybe this isn't any of my business. It's crazy how there is even racism amongst tribes. I'm Blackfoot and Cherokee but was raised on Yurak/Klamath reservations. I saw lots of racism within the tribes. I hated it.

Elemas

Reaction score
Ultimately, race shouldn’t be a factor. But, we’re simply not at that point yet.

Since we’re in a football forum, take a look at the percentages of minority (that’s even weird to say tbh) owners, coaches, GMs, etc in comparison to the percentages of minority players. I find that a bit odd.

Is minority still a term we use? Just asking…

I don’t know if you reach equality by hiring people according to their skin color to “even things out” but, things certainly have to change. I’d be pissed if I was passed over due to being the most qualified candidate but of the wrong color. Flip-side, welcome to how others have it and have been dealing with for centuries.

Stud

Reaction score
getnasty":3rdxgad8 said:
So the Dolphins are off the hook for being rasict for firing Flores then?

Yup. Once Flores get the financial settlement from the NFL, the NFL will no longer be racist.

Stud

Reaction score
GemCity":3heud46l said:

/offSoapBoxNow

Yup. Unfortunately racist is a weapon to get votes and keep people in fear. It will never go away. Democrats cheered on BLM all of 2020 and now that Trump is out of office, you notice you don't hear much about them.

chris98251

Reaction score
GemCity":1kemj2ga said:
Ultimately, race shouldn’t be a factor. But, we’re simply not at that point yet.

Since we’re in a football forum, take a look at the percentages of minority (that’s even weird to say tbh) owners, coaches, GMs, etc in comparison to the percentages of minority players. I find that a bit odd.

I don’t know if you reach equality by hiring people according to their skin color to “even things out” but, things certainly have to change. I’d be pissed if I was passed over due to being the most qualified candidate but of the wrong color. Flip-side, welcome to how others have it and have been dealing with for centuries.

What your describing is affirmative action. An attempt to forcefully balance something based on minority status to meet regulatory conditions for discrimination bias.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
GemCity":1qh8c230 said:

The suit alleged that Black men in particular were being disproportionately underhired when in fact their status is 9.3 percent (3 coaches out of 32 NFL teams). From there the metrics only go up (i.e. coordinators).

This is like saying that Latino men are discriminated against--they are twice the number of Black men now, but only one such HC is represented in the NFL.

Elemas

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1hvbvn80 said:
GemCity":1hvbvn80 said:

The suit alleged that Black men in particular were being disproportionately underhired when in fact their status is 9.3 percent (3 coaches out of 32 NFL teams). From there the metrics only go up (i.e. coordinators).

This is like saying that Latino men are discriminated against--they are twice the number of Black men now, but only one such HC is represented in the NFL.

The ratio is way off…

NFL Commissioner agrees (pertaining to HC),

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/332 ... ad-coaches

Not debating…it is exactly what it is. And it will continue to evolve whether people like it or not.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yes indeed folks. For those of us old enough to remember this movie helped turn the cogs of affirmative action in both education and the workplace. Unfortunately many cling to skin color instead of qualifications. You also have to look to Trey Lance’s recent tweet about social justice situations and again….. not a good look if you’re trying to shed the Kaepernick image after poor play.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I can picture picture both Kyle and McDaniel in the shower naked and Kyle muttering “Hey buddy can you get some spray tan and identify as black? We need the picks Lynch screwed us over with Trey”

McDaniel- “Sure Kyle, but only if you get my back and lather up my balls…and no my Fins are not wanting Jimmy. I’ll do many things for you but taking Jim as our QB in Miami ain’t one of em”
:stirthepot:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":cr4ib8lb said:
I can picture picture both Kyle and McDaniel in the shower naked and Kyle muttering “Hey buddy can you get some spray tan and identify as black? We need the picks Lynch screwed us over with Trey”

McDaniel- “Sure Kyle, but only if you get my back…and no my Fins are not wanting Jimmy. I’ll do anything for you but taking Jim as our QB in Miami ain’t one of em”

So OK, he doesn't "look" Black. But that's not the metric.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":ig9m4ieo said:

McDaniel- “Sure Kyle, but only if you get my back and lather up my balls…and no my Fins are not wanting Jimmy. I’ll do many things for you but taking Jim as our QB in Miami ain’t one of em”

So not only are you obsessed with packing fudge into other men but now you're actually fantasizing them taking showers together. No other poster on this board sets himself up for more ridicule the way you do !
Lathering up balls !!! LMAO !

ivotuk

Reaction score
Louis Ridd-ick makes some great points on this subject.

WYMAN AND BOB -- Louis d*ck

ESPN NFL analyst Louis d*ck joins Dave and Bob to talk about Roger Goodell's press conference and how the NFL addresses the glaring problems in the league.

Plus some insight on the national perception of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.

Later, Dave and Bob weigh in on the surprising turn of events in the Seahawks defensive coaching search.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... an+and+Bob