4-1?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Should we go into the AZ stadium and beat the Cards by say 7 to 14 points, it would make a big difference in this team's self confidence. With an improved mental outlook, we just might beat the Rams. Should we loose to AZ, it won't look good for the rest of the year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
thegameq":2pp4eaut said:
1. We don't tackle well.
2. We give up big plays.
3. We don't play 4 full quarters.
4. We are sloppy and undisciplined.
5. We look overwhelmed.
Nothing is a given anymore with this team. Someone said it in another thread:

"The Seahawks are just a good team--not a great team".

We are no longer a team that can be counted on to "handle our business". Pete's philosophy guarantees that unless we play perfect football teams can play us close and possibly beat us.

Honestly....it's getting really old to see the same problems resurface over and over again every season.

Offensive line play, poor tackling, sloppy undisciplined play, etc.
We lost by 5 points...……..Carson don't fumble, and they don't score an EASY 7.
Think before you post your "Quit" on the Seahawks. :141847_bnono:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are not beating the Rams.

We can barely beat a Saints team that had their 2nd string QB in.

I actually starting laughing when I saw people expecting us to be able to beat the Rams.

Maybe if the Rams take us lightly. maybe. But again, the Rams owned us back when we were good. The chances of us even playing a competitive game are not good.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This is 100% on the coaching. Why do they even study tape if they just come out with the same gameplan regardless of opponent.

Maddening to watch. 4-1, highly unlikely. We MIGHT squeak past the cards, but I am just losing confidence after the last couple years that this teams coaches have any sort of ability to adapt. I like our players and think we have the talent to do well. Coaches need to pull their heads out.

rjdriver

Reaction score
To me “winning at Arizona” means not having it be the last career Seahawk game of one of our all time greats due to injury.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So it becomes 3 & 1 with a W over the Cardinals. Then we have the major home battle of the season when the Rams come here the following Thursday. The team is good enough to beat the Rams here provided they don't beat themselves again. These divisional games are critical to the end of the season.

For sure our team could just be 4-1 after the first two divisional games. Why not us?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
My thoughts.
3-2 is a bit more realistic.

Tackling hasn’t been a repetitive problem. In fact, it has been one of the most dependable aspects of this team. I believe it is the sole reason they lost to the Saints.

We do not possess the right defensive swagger to win 10+ games. Though it is an attainable personality.

As long as Wilson is at the helm of the offense there is a chance. I just wish they wouldn’t make it look like they are handcuffing him so much in the early portions of the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We have seen what this team is capable of, but we have also seen how undisciplined and sloppy they can play. Especially in the early part of the season. If I had to predict right now, I would say we win a close ugly one in Zona like always and lose yet another that we should have won vs. the Lambs. But, they certainly are CAPABLE of winning these next two games.

OP
OP
T

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
Is looking like this could actually happen.....I did not see the Rams losing at home to the Bucs,....not sure anybody really did for that matter....This game on Thursday night IMO will steer the direction of this team for the rest of the year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one a lot more confident today than I was last week about this game.
Hawks will flat out have to play their best game of the year by far imo. This win is next level important.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2op4zbkj said:
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one a lot more confident today than I was last week about this game.
Hawks will flat out have to play their best game of the year by far imo. This win is next level important.
I actually think we can all agree on that one. Not only a division game, but with the reigning div champ. About as "must win" as you can get in early October. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They have so many damn weapons, that with our secondary, it's a matter of who is going to cover their ridiculous WR's? I could see the Over being an easy bet on this one. Feels like a LOT of points will be scored in this game. Unless we get a bunch of rain.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lkrk1v4 said:
They have so many damn weapons, that with our secondary, it's a matter of who is going to cover their ridiculous WR's? I could see the Over being an easy bet on this one. Feels like a LOT of points will be scored in this game. Unless we get a bunch of rain.

Don't need to cover long if we unleash the pass rush, which I think we have held back a bit till we play them. Pete had said they wanted to do some things with Clowney and Ziggy, last week was nothing special. I expect something Thursday that we may not all recognize but the Rams will have not seen yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I have a feeling our D line is going to be damn good on Thursday. Make Goff rush things and he will fold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":258m9y6l said:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling our D line is going to be damn good on Thursday. Make Goff rush things and he will fold.

This is the key to the game, and everyone knows it.

Get to Goff and Kupp and the other speedy WR's won't have time to do their medium to long crossing pick routes that McVay loves to call.

Which I can see happening, because the Ram's O-line is not even close to as good as they were last year.......but then again, our defensive backfield isn't either.

So we'll see. But bottom line, this IS the key to Thursday's game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":sdwxanm1 said:

I know why. It is HAWKTOBER. :twisted:

sdog1981

Reaction score
This team could be average as hell and still be 13-3 or 12-4, the Hawks only have 4 road games against teams that have a QBs that started a playoff game. I expect the Seahawks to have a high win total this season and lose a home playoff game.