4-1?

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
If we beat the cards next week, then take care of business against the Rams at home we will be 4-1 and most likely in a three way tie for first place. I don't believe in the niners at all this year. I think they are going to lose next week against the browns....so....even after such a disappointing loss sunday, I still believe we will be in first in 2 weeks...
Who's with me?!!!!!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :179422:

Washington49er

Reaction score
tigardhawk46":23m7bd4l said:
If we beat the cards next week, then take care of business against the Rams at home we will be 4-1 and most likely in a three way tie for first place. I don't believe in the niners at all this year. I think they are going to lose next week against the browns....so....even after such a disappointing loss sunday, I still believe we will be in first in 2 weeks...
Who's with me?!!!!!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :179422:

Crickets........

OP
OP
T

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
Crickets..............come on people..........gotta believe....gotta believe.......gotta believe........

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Well we just lost to the Saints at home, without Brees.

Not sure we are in the mental space currently to contemplate a scenario where beating the Rams is likely.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Glad to have you posting, Tigar. People are pessimistic right now, so rah-rah posts might not land the way you hope.

I'd believe in the 49ers if I were you, at least to some extent. I also am not sleeping on the Rams. The Cards are the most winnable game out of all three, but only if Pete gets his head out of his ass and starts taking our pass rush seriously. LJ, Ansah, and Clowney all need to be on the field together, rotating through multiple positions.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Do I want it to happen, you bet. But it'll take a hell of a lot of turn around to beat the Rams. The Rams offense is built to pick us apart, and we have zero playmakers on defense. We play sound, and we do fly to the football but this defense is not built to create turnovers.

The 49ers look very beatable as long as we get the lead and force JimmyG to throw the ball.

Our offense needs to start games with scoring in mind and force the opposition into obvious passing downs our pass rush can pin their hair back and force problems. We need to dictate the game again. When we start doing that again I'll have more faith in 4-1 starts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
More likely scenario is we play down to our competition and lose to the Cardinals in Arizona which we have done numerous times and recent years and then come home and beat the Rams because none of us will expect it to happen against them by then.

thegameq

Reaction score
1. We don't tackle well.
2. We give up big plays.
3. We don't play 4 full quarters.
4. We are sloppy and undisciplined.
5. We look overwhelmed.
Nothing is a given anymore with this team. Someone said it in another thread:

"The Seahawks are just a good team--not a great team".

We are no longer a team that can be counted on to "handle our business". Pete's philosophy guarantees that unless we play perfect football teams can play us close and possibly beat us.

Honestly....it's getting really old to see the same problems resurface over and over again every season.

Offensive line play, poor tackling, sloppy undisciplined play, etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's the NFL, anything's possible, especially with Russell as your QB.

So sure, 4-1 is possible. Is it likely? Idk, after three weeks I wouldn't put it past us to go 4-1, or go 2-3 over the next two weeks. Especially the Rams game, if we play like we did yesterday they're gonna hang 45 on our undisciplined, poor tackling, bad special teams fumbling asses.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am buying your 4-1. Why Not Us?

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't think it was the Arizona win that led to some quiet time here

It was the feeling that I just read "and if we win against Arizona and then just AUTOMATICALLY against the Rams because we are home (after losing to Saints backup at home)" we go 4-1

We need to beat Arizona if we want to be a playoff team
Rams we could win / lose and still be a playoff team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":cu3s49q0 said:

Isn't this concession an indictment on our pre-season expectations that most of us thought this was the year we'd challenge the Rams for the division?

If we think this team has what it takes to do that, then the Rams game at home is the first must win game of the year. You don't lose divisional games at home if you think you're a serious contender, you just don't.

But hell, after yesterday, I'm not even counting on the Hawks beating a bad Cardinals team in Arizona.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1akhgv05 said:
mikeak":1akhgv05 said:

Isn't this concession an indictment on our pre-season expectations that most of us thought this was the year we'd challenge the Rams for the division?

If we think this team has what it takes to do that, then the Rams game at home is the first must win game of the year. You don't lose divisional games at home if you think you're a serious contender, you just don't.

But hell, after yesterday, I'm not even counting on the Hawks beating a bad Cardinals team in Arizona.

Good question. I see it as yes we are to be competing with Rams this year, but a loss isn't conceding being in playoff contention. We also played them close away.

So I don't see it as a must win. I think we can lose and make playoffs and even win division. Rams were not dominant yesterday and think they have struggled following their superbowl loss

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
McVay owns our defense. It's simple for him to scheme the heck out of it.

We scored 30 plus points against the Rams in both games last season...and lost both.

Seahawks will need some wow plays - defensive or ST scores, like the Saints did yesterday - to remotely have a chance in beating the Rams. That's the reality when one team has drafted exceptionally well and the other hasn't the last 3-4 years.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
12thmanNY":2yuzzfv2 said:
We could also be 0-3. Got lucky in a way to be 2-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaning this way until we have a RB that can hang on to the ball and defensive secondary that can provide a pick 6.

JGreen79

Reaction score
thegameq":357rmcia said:

We are no longer a team that can be counted on to "handle our business". Pete's philosophy guarantees that unless we play perfect football teams can play us close and possibly beat us.

His philosophy has also proven the other way. Seattle could play a shit game and still play it close and possibly win. Obviously as the team loses talent it gets harder, but even so you very rarely can assume its over until the time is out.