3rd WR

nwHawk

Reaction score
This will sound crazy, but does this season’s win total depend on finding a consistent #3 wide receiver? Don’t get me wrong, this offense is loaded and has plenty of targets, but to keep teams from loading up to stop DK and Tyler Hawks need Goodwin or someone to emerge as a threat.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this season, but being able to focus on skill positions with 4 draft picks in the first two rounds of the draft will surely allow us to address the issue.

Not HAVING to draft a QB completely opens up so many opportunities to get better next year.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Not really since we have 3 more than competent pass catchers that play TE & all 3 are on the field at the same time quite often keeping the defense on their heels & opening up other things.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
IMO, it will depend more on how many different plays that SW can create out of the 13 personnel. It’s been super effective so far but as defenses get more tape, the Seahawks will have to expand the options to continue to be as effective as it has been.

FPD

Reaction score
Well, it's definitely not Eskridge! I think, right now, Goodwin is the best bet. But, as mentioned above, he needs to stay healthy. I suppose that last part is true of all players though. ✌️:cool:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Not really since we have 3 more than competent pass catchers that play TE & all 3 are on the field at the same time quite often keeping the defense on their heels & opening up other things.
this this this this this this this this this this this

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I wanted Eskridge to pan out but it feels like he doesn’t want it bad enough. Goodwin healthy is the better option but we should explore using Dareke Young a little more often other than special teams. Then again our 3 tight end sets take away that option. It’s good to have a guy with Goodwin’s speed for those streaks it really opens up the play book. Geno might go ballistic tomorrow

Torc

Reaction score
IMO, it will depend more on how many different plays that SW can create out of the 13 personnel. It’s been super effective so far but as defenses get more tape, the Seahawks will have to expand the options to continue to be as effective as it has been.
you're not wrong, but also one of the reasons it is so effective is that it creates mismatches. In 13 personnel, you have 4 really large dudes who are fast and can catch. Lockett is the shorty out there. :) Not many teams have the defensive players to match up with that. Mismatches open up more plays no matter what you've seen on tape.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Well, it's definitely not Eskridge! I think, right now, Goodwin is the best bet. But, as mentioned above, he needs to stay healthy. I suppose that last part is true of all players though. ✌️:cool:
I'm gonna give Eskridge some more time, Peter sees something in him, that's good enough for me.. One of these days, he will be the talk of the NFL...! Just waiting for his coming out party..

toffee

Reaction score
I started a thread after the Wilson trade advocating for a 3WR, I advocated for OBJ or someone similar. Do I start feel the same need? Not as much but a legit 3rd WR would be nice to have, we are aiming for Lombardy at this point, we can use all kinds of help.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
They're also all very good blockers in open space, Parkinson especially. A WR3 that can block well would be as valuable as being speedy.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I'm gonna give Eskridge some more time, Peter sees something in him, that's good enough for me.. One of these days, he will be the talk of the NFL...! Just waiting for his coming out party..
Hes always going to be the pick we wasted over Humphries. Even healthy he hasn't shown anything of value to me.

keasley45

Reaction score
Agree. Geno, Pete and Shane are still really high on him. I think we're good between him and Goodwin.

Goodwin is a baller

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I started a thread after the Wilson trade advocating for a 3WR, I advocated for OBJ or someone similar. Do I start feel the same need? Not as much but a legit 3rd WR would be nice to have, we are aiming for Lombardy at this point, we can use all kinds of help.
True. And depth. IMHO if 14 or 16 were to get injured for real? I think we'd have a bit of a problem.

audioeffects

Reaction score
A high percentage of snaps go to 12 and 13 personnel groupings because Carroll is characteristically a run-first offense. In one sense, the targeted TE becomes the third WR. In 11, having three WRs is optimal for our run first offense because it provides Geno with sound options in play-action mode with Goodwin, who is a boon, making all of the horizontal/ perimeter plays along with speedy overall route running. So, having a competent and versatile WR like Goodwin (🤞Eskeridge or Young one day), Seahawks are a complete package with a #3 - which is super important to Waldron’s offense.

cymatica

Reaction score
Agree, and I would think they could just plug Lockett in the slot on some plays if need be or just run one of the tight ends as a receiver. They have plenty of versatility with 3 TE's with great hands

sutz

Reaction score
I don't consider a WR3 to be a huge need, at least not now. Our 3TE sets can flood all of the underneath zones pretty well, and Diss and Fant have decent speed to run the seam streak.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't consider a WR3 to be a huge need, at least not now. Our 3TE sets can flood all of the underneath zones pretty well, and Diss and Fant have decent speed to run the seam streak.
And now that I think about it, Parkinson has a bit of speed as well. 🤷‍♂️