23 Draft... A bust?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just curious, other than Spoon and JNS, and perhaps the weird pick for a RB, there doesn't seem to be to much else. A lot less than the hype from a year ago. Anyone sticking? We had a huge draft class.

Round 1: No. 5 (from Broncos): Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Round 1: No. 20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Round 2: No. 37 (from Broncos): Derick Hall, DE, Auburn
Round 2: No. 52: Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
Round 4: No. 108 (from Broncos) — Anthony Bradford, OG, LSU
Round 4: No. 123 — Cameron Young, DT, Mississippi State
Round 5: No. 151 (from Steelers) — Mike Morris, DE, Michigan
Round 5: No. 154 — Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Michigan
Round 6: No. 198 — Jerrick Reed II, S, New Mexico
Round 7: No. 237 — Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I mean, you just said that 3 out of the 4 of our day 1 & 2 picks were good/decent. How does that equal a bust?

I'm at a loss as to what we should be seeing from day 3 guys only 1 year into their NFL careers.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe they're all still on the team. Now if we had cut most of them by now I would argree.

I'll go with...

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We got a couple high, really can't miss players, Charb plays a role, but the rest? IDK. Bradford was to take over, so was the center. Hall? is he playing? Never head his name call out.Reed, Morris, Young?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
We got a couple high, really can't miss players, Charb plays a role, but the rest? IDK. Bradford was to take over, so was the center. Hall? is he playing? Never head his name call out.Reed, Morris, Young?
Again, you just said 3 of 4 day 1/2 guys were good picks.

Olu is looking like he will be starting next year but outside of special teamers, nobody grabbed on day 3 can be realistically judged on 1 season of--usually--playing off the bench. If they were guys who were projected to be immediate NFL starters, they aren't still there after round 3.

If 1/3 of that group of day 3 guys becomes a consistent contributor next year or the one after, then I'd say that's a good day 3.

Torc

Reaction score
It's irrelevant who you might think is or isn't a bust right now. They were picked for an entirely different offense and defense. They're either going to fit the new schemes or won't be on the team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Just curious, other than Spoon and JNS, and perhaps the weird pick for a RB, there doesn't seem to be to much else. A lot less than the hype from a year ago. Anyone sticking? We had a huge draft class.

Round 1: No. 5 (from Broncos): Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Round 1: No. 20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Round 2: No. 37 (from Broncos): Derick Hall, DE, Auburn
Round 2: No. 52: Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
Round 4: No. 108 (from Broncos) — Anthony Bradford, OG, LSU
Round 4: No. 123 — Cameron Young, DT, Mississippi State
Round 5: No. 151 (from Steelers) — Mike Morris, DE, Michigan
Round 5: No. 154 — Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Michigan
Round 6: No. 198 — Jerrick Reed II, S, New Mexico
Round 7: No. 237 — Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
A year one Pro Bowler, a WR who put up over 600 yards as a WR3 in year 1, a productive running back, a starting RG who will likely be at minimum a solid swing backup, our presumptive starting center in Olu, and a core special teamer is a fantastic draft. Fantastic.

BigMeach

Reaction score
When one of those 3rd+ round guys ends up emerging as a great player for us are you going to make a post about how silly your question is?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
When one of those 3rd+ round guys ends up emerging as a great player for us are you going to make a post about how silly your question is?
Mostly,just like to find out the status of these players are, other than the few players, I haven't heard a thing.

Rat

Reaction score
Derick Hall was a wasted pick. Looks good aside from that. Hopefully we'll get to see McIntosh in preseason.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Mostly,just like to find out the status of these players are, other than the few players, I haven't heard a thing.
If you're just honestly asking the question that's my bad. I interpreted this all very differently.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Nope, this was a GREAT draft. I'm still butt hurt about not taking Carter... but spoon is Man! Great consolation prize.

We have not seen a draft this good in a while.

I'm still holding out hope for Hall.