2023 free agents

Spohawks

Reaction score
The draft can't fix all of the Seahawks problems and some proven talent never hurts!

Who do you see the Seahawks spending some cash on after the season is over?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hopefully some defense players that fit what they're trying to do. Defensive linemen?
Jamal Adams obviously can't stay healthy. That's
A bummer for sure

Rat

Reaction score
Quenton Nelson or Elgton Jenkins would be a dream, but there's no way they dont get franchised if they dont sign extensions before free agency.

There's nothing at QB. Probably the draft or a trade there.

seabowl

Reaction score
Would not be shocked if they took a shot at Daniel Jones

seabowl

Reaction score
gimme derwin james and quinton nelson

erik mccoy also intriguing.
James signed long term deal and zero Shot Nelson is going anywhere. These top free agents typically never make it to the market.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
seabowl, your comment on Daniel Jones is interesting. I had the same thoughts watching him play against Dallas.

Suspect the Giants will move on from him and the Hawks signing him to a short term prove it type deal might be a smart move.

If there was a QB that has had an awful OLine since arriving to the Giants he’s the guy. That said he looked passable against Dallas’ strong D.

Of course they could keep Lock as a short term option for cheap and sign a rookie to develop. I suspect Geno will want to be paid more next season and in result the team will find another option. Frankly although he too has played passably there is something missing in his game and while he is a solid quality backup QB he truly doesn’t seem to be a starter ( JMO which may not be popular with some here).

Chevy

Reaction score
I see them signing Commanders DT Daron Payne or Eagles DT Javon Hargrove, both could play DE on our defense. Then sign former Pro Bowler OG Trai Turner.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I see them signing Commanders DT Daron Payne or Eagles DT Javon Hargrove, both could play DE on our defense. Then sign former Pro Bowler OG Trai Turner.
Nice ideas. Sign linemen. All pro safeties, wide recievers etc don't matter when you can't control
the LOS. Build from the line and go from there.

Own The West

Reaction score
Daron Payne if Poona walks.
Dre Greenlaw or Roquan Smith if we’re in a spending mood.

I’m also a fan of going DL with our first pick and getting a decent QB with our second. I don’t see any Peyton Mannings in this class, so any of the top 5-6 all have similar risk/reward.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Daron Payne if Poona walks.
Dre Greenlaw or Roquan Smith if we’re in a spending mood.

I’m also a fan of going DL with our first pick and getting a decent QB with our second. I don’t see any Peyton Mannings in this class, so any of the top 5-6 all have similar risk/reward.
Speaking of Poona…since he’s looking like a poor fit for the new system should we sell him off as a rental for a 6th or 7th rounder?

Rainger

Reaction score
Don't think the Hawks will be big in FA next year, all in on the draft and maybe 1 or 2 FA on D, like they did when they went for Bennet and Avril to complete the D to move toward the SB.

Own The West

Reaction score
Speaking of Poona…since he’s looking like a poor fit for the new system should we sell him off as a rental for a 6th or 7th rounder?
I'm not sure about Poona -- or anybody on this defense -- yet. Is he a bad fit or is he still adapting to his new role? I'm thinking we'll know more about what we got once the defense starts to gel midseason.