2021 Draft Round 4 Pick 137 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Like the pick. Definitely needed some help at the position. Dont know much about him, but hopefully he is starter material.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Like RW he uses his size to his advantage and like RW he fell in the draft. Love his return ability on Special Teams and many are saying he’s a gunner. I like him better than any CB we’ve drafted in the Carroll era that includes Sherman because I didn’t see Sherman’s potential when he was drafted, was clueless to Sherman’s closing potential/catch up speed.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2c24qf3y said:
Maelstrom787":2c24qf3y said:
Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Ironically then, he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the Seahawks.

LOL funny post and good point

Think the Vikings had a game as well where their short corner was burned multiple times and they intentionally went taller at CB after that

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":30dumill said:
Like the pick. Definitely needed some help at the position. Dont know much about him, but hopefully he is starter material.

:ditto: Agreed!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":15comzjt said:

After getting schooled by DK in first match up CB Witherspoon shut DK down in the second match up! We have a nice mix of big & small at WR & CB to deliver miss matches.

Ram WR TuTu Atwell is a stud! Rams WR’s are studs! SF WR’s Samuel & Aiyuk! Cardinals WR’s Moore, Kirk, Isabella! Tre Brown is the only CB who can Match up in Man against those guys so we need him bad. And he’s probably the only CB we have that can at least put a body on AZ’s Hopkins.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Seanhawk":174m9bsr said:
Maelstrom787":174m9bsr said:
Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Ironically then, he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the Seahawks.

Lol! Thank God we didn’t have a round 1!

Throwdown

Reaction score
A complete dog, I approve. We have had a serious lack of dogs for a few years, only started bringing them back when we brought in Adams, now we got a corner who is really about it and with the shits, I LOVE IT!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2gkmmsd8 said:
Seanhawk":2gkmmsd8 said:
Maelstrom787":2gkmmsd8 said:

Lol! Thank God we didn’t have a round 1!

I think you missed the point.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I dont see this hurting. At the very least with both draft picks we have kick returners and a punt returner so lockett can just focus on WR.

Not sure if he will start right away. I think they will roll out...
Rcb Reed/Witherspoon
Lcb Reed/Flowers
Nickel Blair/Brown

I think amadi will now be fill in for any above failing so he can exclusively back up diggs which is what he is most suited for at FS. Honestly, from Browns highlights he seems like he covers the deep middle better than he plays outside corner. All his highlights from the clip in OP were intercepts and kick returns. I think he can play middle of the field pretty well and he tackles so...

We will see. I like the pick. Still could use another solid lineman if they move Lewis around.

JPatera76

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":cz1i0l6d said:
[youtube]ghkYa07i8X4[/youtube]

Here's some of the drills from the Senior Bowl (you'll find Tre Brown spread out through the clip); size is a factor, but he's got speed and does look for the ball (one of the few interceptions during the drills).

Also shows off Dee Eskridge's speed near the end of the clip against some of these corners.

LOVVVVVVE we snagged Cade Johnson as well..

HawkerD

Reaction score
RockinHawks":ujzfhiz1 said:
He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.

The last lanky CB who has worked out was #25. Aside from that drafting for measurables has not produced. Glad they went for a guy who can already play the position and has proven talent, rather than one of PC's "projects", all who have ultimately failed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HawkerD":2zt1efxm said:
RockinHawks":2zt1efxm said:
He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.

The last lanky CB who has worked out was #25. Aside from that drafting for measurables has not produced. Glad they went for a guy who can already play the position and has proven talent, rather than one of PC's "projects", all who have ultimately failed.

^Couldn't agree more.^

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2sj22bg7 said:
Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?
Pete got his project guy in the UDFA pool.

Pete said in the press conference that wasn’t the case & he’s had small CB’s before. Pete said Reed probably will do at CB what RW did at QB, open the minds of other teams in the league! Pete said it could be weird having 2 small CB’s starting at both sides but oh well, at least that’s what I interpreted from Pete.

If you think about it the media constantly gets things wrong with Seattle! With a strong D Line you don’t have to have the best CB’s, a team can get by if it’s CB’s are physical and can tackle. Recently our D Line hasn’t been very good and our CB’s were exploited, we could have drafted a lengthy physical CB in round 2 and Seattle did interview Asante Samuel jr who was picked at #47 by Carroll protégée Robert Saleh who also drafted 6”3 CB Witherspoon.

It looks like we’ve been misinformed again & brainwashed into believing we know Pete’s criteria for CB. Both Carroll & Saleh acquire Reed, Witherspoon & Sherman, both interview (I assume) Asante Samuel jr one acquires Samuel, both draft small outside CB’s in the same draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2t09k0ar said:
Appyhawk":2t09k0ar said:
Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?

Pete said in the press conference that wasn’t the case & he’s had small CB’s before. Pete said Reed probably will do at CB what RW did at QB, open the minds of other teams in the league! Pete said it could be weird having 2 small CB’s starting at both sides but oh well, at least that’s what I interpreted from Pete.

If you think about it the media constantly gets things wrong with Seattle! With a strong D Line you don’t have to have the best CB’s, a team can get by if it’s CB’s are physical and can tackle. Recently our D Line hasn’t been very good and our CB’s were exploited, we could have drafted a lengthy physical CB in round 2 and Seattle did interview Asante Samuel jr who was picked at #47 by Carroll protégée Robert Saleh who also drafted 6”3 CB Witherspoon.

It looks like we’ve been misinformed again & brainwashed into believing we know Pete’s criteria for CB. Both Carroll & Saleh acquire Reed, Witherspoon & Sherman, both interview (I assume) Asante Samuel jr one acquires Samuel, both draft small outside CB’s in the same draft.

The criteria is corroborated by a decade of data establishing an archetype. Seattle had never once selected a boundary corner with arms under 32 inches. Couple that with the admission from PC/JS that they're adapting their criteria, and it's pretty clear that they've always had a type and that they're changing things up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Windows for Dummies.

You have long CB's, to counter you put smaller quick WR in the game that run great routes and are fast as well, nullifies the size factor if they are not in the play because they got beat.

We have been seeing that trend, going away from the Big receiver that has great hands and fast to smaller quick and fast guys.

Yes some teams still have a Julio Jones but more are going with not tiny but smaller types to counter the Richard Sherman wave of CB's

We have both types of receivers now in Swain and Metcalf and Lockett and several others including our draft pick.

Tre Brown is a physical press kind of player, still not sold on him being a edge corner, but definitely a slot guy.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":221o8cuf said:
FresnoHawk68":221o8cuf said:
Appyhawk":221o8cuf said:

The criteria is corroborated by a decade of data establishing an archetype. Seattle had never once selected a boundary corner with arms under 32 inches. Couple that with the admission from PC/JS that they're adapting their criteria, and it's pretty clear that they've always had a type and that they're changing things up.

Again Pete said multiple times he has used shorter CB’s in the NFL and Schneider indicated if the draft is giving you it you take it. Pete basically said Reed will open the NFL’s eyes not his which are already open, Pete said this the other day to clarify his statement last season about Reed.
Believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe, Pete’s the one giving confusing info.

On a side note I am suspicious that Pete & John are purposely throwing the media under the bus. As long as they win I don’t care what they do.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1djgpbl7 said:
Maelstrom787":1djgpbl7 said:
FresnoHawk68":1djgpbl7 said:
Appyhawk":1djgpbl7 said:

Again Pete said multiple times he has used shorter CB’s in the NFL and Schneider indicated if the draft is giving you it you take it. Pete basically said Reed will open the NFL’s eyes not his which are already open, Pete said this the other day to clarify his statement last season about Reed.
Believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe, Pete’s the one giving confusing info.

On a side note I am suspicious that Pete & John are purposely throwing the media under the bus. As long as they win I don’t care what they do.

This isn't a matter of belief, it's a matter of fact.

Own The West

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CFR624/status/1388960757015056395[/tweet]

Eskridge mentioning Tre Brown in a Senior Bowl interview.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":w4rjxz7z said:
If only we could transfuse his skill and instinct into Tre Flower's body? May be it takes two Tres?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk