#1 seed in the NFC

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Yesterday's win was HUGE for us in the chase for the #1 seed. To me, this is what this season is now about. Goes without saying, but if we get 2 home playoff games, our chances are HUGE that we'll make the Superbowl The Hawks have proven they can win on the road, but they've also proven they enjoy starting games in huge holes and rolling the dice at the end of games. The hearts of the 12th man don't need that.

In the NFC, the only other unbeaten team is New Orleans, who we play at home this year. They've got a tough sched remaining this year also. The other top contenders are SF (2-2 plus we have the tiebreaker currently), ATL 1-3, and GB 1-2. I think Chicago & Detroit are pretenders.

I'm pencilling in 8-0 at home. The only tough matchup is the New Orleans game, but I don't see the Saints comin to the CLINK and beating us at that stage. Titans without Locker. Bucs suck. Vikings suck. Cardinals suck. Rams suck

With our remaining 6 road games, @Indy, @Zona, @STL, @ATL, @SF, and @NYG, I think all we have to do is go 3-3 in them and we'll lock up the #1 seed with 13 wins.

With our last 2 games at home the Hawks will be back in Seattle on Dec 15/16th and won't have to travel unless they do to the Superbowl in February, even further increasing our chances at playoff success.

Let's get it done !!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
Only a quarter of the season played so far. I think you're getting the cart ahead of the horse.

:roll:

OP
OP
12thManNorth

12thManNorth

Reaction score
This should be what the season is about. We're the best team in the NFC, the goal should be to get the #1 seed. I don't see what's wrong with that and breaking down the chances of getting it

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't either, and agree the quest for home field is primary.

I just am not of the opinion that using standings from a quarter of the season are worth spit. Any of the current leading teams including ours could lose 2-3 straight, and others win4-5 straight making any early talk superfulous.

Your opinon is different than mine so lets agree to disagree. I let you have yours and you let me have mine.

Deal? (and I'm not the only one that feels that way) There's plenty of room for all of us.

:les:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":kamd9ewm said:
Only a quarter of the season played so far. I think you're getting the cart ahead of the horse.

:roll:
You say that at every point in every season. For some reason you always feel the need to piss on everyone's excitement. :roll: I disagree then and I disagree now.

This game was huge in us winning our way to the #1 spot in the NFC.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Every game is huge in gaining HFA. Business has been taken care of in 4. There are still 12 games to play. Thats TWELVE as in 75% of the season. Not a damn thing has been earned yet. Have they positioned themselves to gain HFA? Absolutely. Are they a lock to get it with only 25% of the season played so far? NO. One game at a time. One play at a time.

OP
OP
12thManNorth

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Who said anything has been earned yet or that they're a lock ? The post was to analyze the remainder of the season and the rest of the conference to see our chances at getting the CRUCIAL #1 seed, considering how good we are at home. And we're fans, not players. We don't have to take it or look at it 1 game at a time, we're allowed to get excited about possibilities

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Radish":msp9qt21 said:
I don't either, and agree the quest for home field is primary.

I just am not of the opinion that using standings from a quarter of the season are worth spit. Any of the current leading teams including ours could lose 2-3 straight, and others win4-5 straight making any early talk superfulous.

Your opinon is different than mine so lets agree to disagree. I let you have yours and you let me have mine.

Deal? (and I'm not the only one that feels that way) There's plenty of room for all of us.

:les:

It's the fourth game, not the first. We can actually start to draw real, meaningful conclusions about the composition of the team and their ability to win HFA. Especially since this might have been considered our biggest road test (outside the 49ers, but that's not a 10AM start). 1 game at a time is great, but it's alright to see the trees AND the forest.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
pmedic920":rbrqdqoh said:
We are 2-0 on the road, with early start times. I'm going to post this in every thread I can fit it in. Woo hoo. GO HAWKS.

This is awesome and I will be monitoring this situation closely.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I like your enthusiasm but SF fans were predicting an 8-0 start going into the bye week right after that Green Bay game. Point being, stuff happens. I'm completely confident that our team is capable of doing all that, just not comfortable predicting it after 4 weeks.

Once I realized we were only down by two scores in the 3rd and our D started to lock them down, I actually thought we'd tighten things up and win or lose by less than 7 points yesterday. Confident, yes, didn't think the chances were higher of doing so, just felt like we were still "in it". Sort of how I feel about 13 or 14 wins right now. Confident, but it's the NFL and the NFL is tough!

Nearpost

Reaction score
Got a question re strength of schedule.I read on here that we have a tougher schedule than the 49'ers. But when I googled a bit, it said we have a slightly easier schedule. As 49'ers went to superbowl, that is what I expected.

Is the feeling on here that we have a slightly easier schedule?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The OP is right. This year is about bringing in the #1 seed--sunday validated that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Nearpost":3awur4o9 said:
Got a question re strength of schedule.I read on here that we have a tougher schedule than the 49'ers. But when I googled a bit, it said we have a slightly easier schedule. As 49'ers went to superbowl, that is what I expected.

Is the feeling on here that we have a slightly easier schedule?

Go check the 49ers boards from right after they lost to SEA and you'll know who they think has the tougher schedule. It's one of the crutches that they're using to justify thinking they'll still win the division.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":htwn90p6 said:
I like your enthusiasm but SF fans were predicting an 8-0 start going into the bye week right after that Green Bay game. Point being, stuff happens. I'm completely confident that our team is capable of doing all that, just not comfortable predicting it after 4 weeks.

Once I realized we were only down by two scores in the 3rd and our D started to lock them down, I actually thought we'd tighten things up and win or lose by less than 7 points yesterday. Confident, yes, didn't think the chances were higher of doing so, just felt like we were still "in it". Sort of how I feel about 13 or 14 wins right now. Confident, but it's the NFL and the NFL is tough!
Stuff has already happened and we're sucking it up and winning and in #1 position.

Latest posts