“Just Make Plays” Bobo’s press conference

seabowl

Reaction score
It’s Bobo and your video says unavailable.
Other than that, great post!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Between him and JSN all I'm wanting is a quarterback I can believe in and is good enough to actually use both correctly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really hope so I just want a smart quarterback that can use a full playbook. I see Mahomes and all his backups daily be mostly far better on offense then us and we have far better. I want to get lucky for the next QotF not Rich Gannon I want the madness to stop and admit we need total change because new ownership is coming and Pete definitely has no clue anymore unless someone strips him back to head coach only and totally keeps him in his lane. Geno and Lock have the tools but I believe in neither to make that jump.

Last edited:

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Our 3rd WR has been terrible since godwin went down last year so think first half of last year GENO all year long cuz now we got 2 3rd WRs and they won't be able to just bracket tyler n DK every game when a team has a good to better than good defense
Now we'll have an answer and more often than not it'll be for 6
Really can't wait the 2 weeks till it starts all over
Been a while
Go Hawks , and yes , just start bookmarking my posts cuz it's gonna happen
Optimistic , yes glass half full , yes
Lovin the new guys , Yes
Can't wait for game day , yes to that too
Go Hawks

themunn

Reaction score
Every year someone on the board says it and every year I laugh it off, but COULD Jake Bobo be the answer to Joe Jurevicius we have been looking for for nearly 20 years?

Similar height, arm span, hand size, Joe had a better 40 time but Jake better 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone so not massively different. Joe was a decent bit heavier, but Jake still young and could bulk up in an NFL programme.

With JSN and Young's injuries and Eskridge's suspension he pretty much makes the team by default I think, but he should get a few good weeks to illustrate whether or not he has staying power, which I hope he has - we have a lot of guys with that deep threat but a down the middle possession receiver who can take a hit and block like a champ is never surplus to requirements

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It’s Bobo and your video says unavailable.
Other than that, great post!
It was a typo, and right below where it says the video is unavailable, it also says "This video contains content from seahawksdotcom, who has blocked it from display on this website or application," FOLLOWED BY A LINK THAT SAYS "WATCH ON YOUTUBE"
But other than that, great post and contribution to the conversation :rolleyes:

When I saw "Bono's press conference" in the thread title and immediately understood it as a mistake in typing "Bobo," I went somewhere else. I was thinking things more along the lines of...

Please. Jake "Bono" is not Bad, but we can win With Or Without him. He may be slow, but he gets open in Mysterious Ways. When we play the Rams in L.A., I wonder if he'll see it as A Sort of Homecoming. Either way, if he actually makes the 53, maybe he won't feel anymore like he's Running To Stand Still, and he'll be able to feel some Pride in what he's accomplished. The opportunity he got over the last few weeks in games that don't count in the NFL was Even Better Than The Real Thing in college games for Duke and UCLA. I Will Follow his progress with the Seahawks with great interest. I'm hoping to see him contribute every Bloody Sunday, making each one a Beautiful Day. @themunn says above we've been searching for another Jurevicius for a long time, but We Still Haven't Found What We're Looking For, at least until Jake "Bono" came along. With his help, I'm hoping that by February, the Seahawks can be number One.

seabowl

Reaction score
It was a typo, and right below where it says the video is unavailable, it also says "This video contains content from seahawksdotcom, who has blocked it from display on this website or application," FOLLOWED BY A LINK THAT SAYS "WATCH ON YOUTUBE"
But other than that, great post and contribution to the conversation :rolleyes:

When I saw "Bono's press conference" in the thread title and immediately understood it as a mistake in typing "Bobo," I went somewhere else. I was thinking things more along the lines of...

Please. Jake "Bono" is not Bad, but we can win With Or Without him. He may be slow, but he gets open in Mysterious Ways. When we play the Rams in L.A., I wonder if he'll see it as A Sort of Homecoming. Either way, if he actually makes the 53, maybe he won't feel anymore like he's Running To Stand Still, and he'll be able to feel some Pride in what he's accomplished. The opportunity he got over the last few weeks in games that don't count in the NFL was Even Better Than The Real Thing in college games for Duke and UCLA. I Will Follow his progress with the Seahawks with great interest. I'm hoping to see him contribute every Bloody Sunday, making each one a Beautiful Day. @themunn says above we've been searching for another Jurevicius for a long time, but We Still Haven't Found What We're Looking For, at least until Jake "Bono" came along. With his help, I'm hoping that by February, the Seahawks can be number One.
I was joking U2 “Boy”

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm optimistic about Bobo, too, and it's more than just a sentimental feeling that accompanies an undrafted free agent busting his balls to make the team.

Bobo is a big kid, roughly the same size as DK Metcalf, and has shown that he can make tough catches in traffic. Putting him in the game along with Metcalf, especially in the red zone, has the potential to create some favorable mismatches.

Plus, he reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Hawk wide receivers of the past, Joe Jurvicious, who in addition to being a great red zone threat, was a heck of a blocker, an attribute in wide receivers that is generally overlooked. Although I haven't seen Bobo demonstrate it this preseason, I've read where he's a very good blocker.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Man... I've been working on some important stuff for work, and this is the first year ever I've missed every pre season game so I'm trying to cram and catch up before LAR.

So, I've been googling Bobo this morning. 4.99 40 yard dash on Wiki? Is that legit? I know he isn't fast per se, but that seems uncharacteristically slow for the position.

From the sound of what ya'll are saying, he is going to make the squad. I really hope he keeps it up! I'm worried that his lack of speed will catch up with him when thrown into the mix against the opposing team's ones.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Man... I've been working on some important stuff for work, and this is the first year ever I've missed every pre season game so I'm trying to cram and catch up before LAR.

So, I've been googling Bobo this morning. 4.99 40 yard dash on Wiki? Is that legit? I know he isn't fast per se, but that seems uncharacteristically slow for the position.

From the sound of what ya'll are saying, he is going to make the squad. I really hope he keeps it up! I'm worried that his lack of speed will catch up with him when thrown into the mix against the opposing team's ones.
Yeah, that's slow, alright, really slow. He claims to have been clocked in the low 4.7's, but that's still a sloth for a WR.

Straight-ahead speed is not the most important attribute of a good receiver. Cooper Kupp is one of the slowest receivers in the league, but two years ago, he won the triple crown of receiving and the SB MVP.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm optimistic about Bobo, too, and it's more than just a sentimental feeling that accompanies an undrafted free agent busting his balls to make the team.

Bobo is a big kid, roughly the same size as DK Metcalf, and has shown that he can make tough catches in traffic. Putting him in the game along with Metcalf, especially in the red zone, has the potential to create some favorable mismatches.

Plus, he reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Hawk wide receivers of the past, Joe Jurvicious, who in addition to being a great red zone threat, was a heck of a blocker, an attribute in wide receivers that is generally overlooked. Although I haven't seen Bobo demonstrate it this preseason, I've read where he's a very good blocker.
Well here ya go.. two examples in one play of his downfield presence...

Jville

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, I'm reminded of Raymond Barry who, like Bobo, was also considered to be too slow. Although unlike Raymond, Bobo does have equal length legs working for him. Raymond's performance in the 1958 Championship game was considered by many to have been the "greatest game ever played". Raymond was a 1959 triple crown winner leading the league receptions, yards and touchdowns. Raymond Barry and Johnny Unitas are still considered, by many, to be the greatest pairing in NFL history.

I'm thinking Bobo is someone special. Someone who can be trusted to execute precise assignments consistently.

With Bobo, I have this feeling that the best is yet to come.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well here ya go.. two examples in one play of his downfield presence...

Thanks!

There were a couple of occasions last season where I got so frustrated with Metcalf's lame, halfhearted attempts at throwing a block. I got a sense that he was thinking to himself "I don't get paid to do this shit!" It's perhaps the most overlooked and under rated quality for any position in the game.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I really hope so I just want a smart quarterback that can use a full playbook. I see Mahomes and all his backups daily be mostly far better on offense then us and we have far better. I want to get lucky for the next QotF not Rich Gannon I want the madness to stop and admit we need total change because new ownership is coming and Pete definitely has no clue anymore unless someone strips him back to head coach only and totally keeps him in his lane. Geno and Lock have the tools but I believe in neither to make that jump.
Geno is ballin. Not sure what you've been watching. If I had to guess, I'd say to much past and not enough present.

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
What’re you going off about? Did we not have a positive season last year followed by another really promising draft?
If I hadn’t paid attention to football over the last couple seasons and read what you wrote I would assume we’ve been a sub .500 team for a while.

Latest posts