Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

Axx

Reaction score
10 wins????
did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Axx":3k7pnxts said:
10 wins????
did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.

:lol: Seahawks totally dominate on the road, I wish they played 16 road games. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":316vkgc9 said:
But I get it, I can't say enough to convince you otherwise. You'll just have to see for yourself, now won't you? Thats a good lad...

Dude, seriously, if I could slap you across the face in a very demeaning fashion, I would do so right now. Stop talking down to everyone like we're a bunch of mouth-breathing idiots that can't contemplate Sam Bradford's greatness.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Mr. STL, I'll humor you. By what metrics (not gut feeling or info out of camp) are you predicting a leap for Bradford?

For example, Roland offered some solid numerical evidence with some analysis about that evidence to get me to move off my low opinion of Andy Dalton in another thread. Give me some metrics that show how Bradford is specifically improving and why we can expect improvement from him in key areas.

chris98251

Reaction score
The following are service annoncements as to why the Rams will have difficulty throwing against the Seahawks. This does not include Linebackers and or the Defensive line.

[youtube]6Xzu8ADarrM[/youtube]

[youtube]XYV6pFXM8XA[/youtube]

[youtube]XU0SbhuPi8k[/youtube]

[youtube]3xzS-DE7-WY[/youtube]

[youtube]RdeOuO1WSwU[/youtube]

[youtube]fl9HT9Ec4Cg[/youtube]

[youtube]qwyHu9dHUxM[/youtube]

[youtube]qStdO2NQaa8[/youtube]

[youtube]O8En39c7piU[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":2cp6mqfq said:
"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.
I live in Kansas City and live with predictions like this since 2006. Welcome to the wannabe Cinderella club. Now go play the games and win while knowing last year's bs won't fly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I can't see the Rams challenging for the top spot in the NFC West until they find an offense. I see the ninnies slipping this year and with the way the Rams handled them last year, I can see them leapfrogging SF if everything goes their way and if Bradford improves. Those are big IFS!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am sooooo glad you warned us.

Thanks and you can go now with the good satisfaction that you warned us. See ya.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":kqkc234a said:
Who likes pizza? And what kind do you guy recommend when I get some today with this cute thang I'm going out with today?

Double garlic and anchovy

kearly

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":1qxvr9kp said:
He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

10 wins?

I must have missed the part where the Rams traded for Adrian Peterson.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3cubbpgp said:
"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

This is the time of year for glowing reviews of all teams. It's training camp, so everyone's potential is through the roof.

And even during this time, Benoit made sure to highlight the questions surrounding your backfield and most of your secondary. I especially liked the sum-up near the end when he said, "As is common with second-year rebuilding projects, the Rams have a glaring lack of depth in several key areas."

Frankly, I expect the Rams this year to be like the 2011 Seahawks were. They will improve over last season, even if it doesn't show up much in the W-L record, and will discover their identity. St. Louis will really be a postseason challenger in 2014 and beyond (if Bradford shows that he can actually be a true franchise QB), but this season, they'll just be a tough out in the NFCW.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You know why Peter King is slobbering over the Rams? Because they let him into their war room for the draft. All it takes to earn Pete's undying love is a little attention and (probably) some catered food. The man is a shill, and since he frankly doesn't know anything about football, your team is doubly screwed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3shyy9os said:
I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":kt4bsz9w said:
RolandDeschain":kt4bsz9w said:

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.

I'm liking the new MMQB site, has some good info from the other writers. I particularly liked this article:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/05/seattle-s ... eadership/

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2zeoo78g said:
RolandDeschain":2zeoo78g said:

You're right, I only read MMQB of his. I have traditionally liked MMQB, though.

Axx

Reaction score
So did you rams enjoy that preseason beat down? I'm not even talking about just the one the browns gave you up but the ones that you received from Kosar as well.

Latest posts