Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Obviously taking preseason game 1 with a grain of salt, but I thought the Rams looked like the worst team in the division...

SF - starts looked good, backups pretty bad
SEA - starts not so good, but backups looked really good
ARI - Carson looks lightyears ahead of whoever was QBing for them last year, defense should be stout
STL - other than a nice long completion to Givens, just not impressed on either side of the ball for their game.

mikeak

Reaction score
I thought it was worth bringing this thread up after yesterday's game..... The OP was leaning towards 11 wins this season and us crazy Seahawk fans were laughing at him. Just curious to what the OP has to say and how much money he put down :D

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Bradford isn't the problem with them. They have no running game, and their "weapons" are all too green to have any impact.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2jubudsd said:
Bradford isn't the problem with them.

point%20and%20laugh.jpg

Dude, seriously? Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer make up at least 75% of the entire problem the Rams have, and Bradford's easily half of that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1euja9fj said:
Ironically, the person in that picture kinda looks like Sam Bradford.

It IS Sam Bradford. That's his expression every week when he cashes his paycheck. Talk about fleecing your employer.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":k2gr9tgh said:
Bradford isn't the problem with them. They have no running game, and their "weapons" are all too green to have any impact.

He's a big part of it. Every year its the same thing with him. He needs more weapons, more playmakers. He has some of the fastest guys on his team and pretty decent TE. Wasn't Kendricks supposed to be a star too? Maybe they just don't know how to use Cook and Kendricks

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Bradford absolutely sucks. Yesterday was embarrassing.

Schottenheimer isn't helping matters, but come on.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Bradford IS the problem. I was open to be wrong this year, but it's over. He must go. Shotty too.

Rams would play better next week w no Shotty and no Bradford. I'm going to root for Jags next week.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Yeah the Rams were so embarrassingly incompetently hideously terribly suckingly bad they actually made the 49ers look not so embarrassingly incompetently hideously terribly suckingly bad...

Hawkspur

Reaction score
They had better pray that the college QB crop is strong come April. The Rams will be well placed to get one with 2 very high 1st round picks, but with Jax, Cleveland, Tampa, Minnesota, and possibly Arizona, Oakland and even Philly and Cincy all having a degree of urgency at the position it may still be difficult to acquire a good one. Maybe Seattle should try to extend Tarvaris right now...might be able to get a couple of high draft picks for him in the off season!

OrFan

Reaction score
In my opinion the Rams are in trouble for a long time. That organization needs to be gutted from top to bottom. Coaches, most players, just about everything needs to go.

Bradford will never be good in any system, but he is only a part. There are probably about a dozen players worth keeping, backups and starters, the rest need to go.

If they could do a complete overhaul similar to what we have had, they could start to resemble a football team in probably three or four years. They need to blow it all up though, from the top down. Fisher would be the first person I would get rid of just to make a statement that being mediocre year after year will not be tolerated.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Rams fans and 49ers fans should be best friends. All proud of their boners, all finishing too early. Garbage teams.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":162vvg9d said:
Bradford IS the problem. I was open to be wrong this year, but it's over. He must go. Shotty too.

Rams would play better next week w no Shotty and no Bradford. I'm going to root for Jags next week.

RolandDeschain":162vvg9d said:
peachesenregalia":162vvg9d said:
Ironically, the person in that picture kinda looks like Sam Bradford.

It IS Sam Bradford. That's his expression every week when he cashes his paycheck. Talk about fleecing your employer.

RolandDeschain":162vvg9d said:
5_Golden_Rings":162vvg9d said:
Bradford isn't the problem with them.

point%20and%20laugh.jpg

Dude, seriously? Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer make up at least 75% of the entire problem the Rams have, and Bradford's easily half of that.

theENGLISHseahawk":162vvg9d said:
Bradford absolutely sucks. Yesterday was embarrassing.

Schottenheimer isn't helping matters, but come on.

Tell me how Bradford was going to have success when the Rams managed 18 rushing yards? You really think he's the problem here?

OrFan

Reaction score
The Rams are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. It is not just the lack of a running game. Bradford is terrible, throws too hard and flat no matter what the situation. The defense is no better, the front is a joke except for rushing the passer, the secondary might as well just stay sitting on the bench.

That team is bad from the top down.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":cs0ec4lk said:
Tell me how Bradford was going to have success when the Rams managed 18 rushing yards? You really think he's the problem here?

bradford-miss.gif

Scoreless in the first, he has to hit this against the 9ers. force them into react mode, set the tone, give the D some breathing room, hell force SF to unstack the box and respect your arm.

They walked away with 3 and never challenged again. Yes a better run game could have won them the game in spite of Bradford missing this and plenty of other open receivers. A better QB could have set up the run by burning a gimme blown coverage like that and gone onto win as well.

Bradford deserves the criticism. Sure the run game could have bailed him out, but he did nothing to unstack the box.