OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1mdrbakt said:
Gatehawk":1mdrbakt said:
SeatownJay":1mdrbakt said:
So, fellow soccer fans, while this isn't transfer news, what's your take on Sepp Blatter, quite possibly the most corrupt and out-of-touch-with-reality person involved in sports anywhere in the world, stating that he now wants to move the '22 World Cup to Winter because he finally realizes it's too hot to play in Qatar in June & July?

It all comes down to money, that's all Blatter cares about. Qatar didn't deserve it in the first place, they bought the bid essentially, the only good thing about their bid was the stadiums, but everything else was shitty as hell.

Aside from the surface on the sun temperatures I think that a world cup in Qatar is just a bad idea on all fronts. I could see it potentially going worse than Brazil is supposedly going to.

From what I heard, of the 5 nations that were up for the 2022 vote, Qatar had the worst review of their bid.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Man, I really hope United finally sell Rooney. I am tired of his complaints and egoistic behavior. NOBODY is bigger than the club and if somehow United can get Luiz or Mata in the deal that would be great.

I agree, if that was an actual offer United should've taken it but I doubt that either Luiz or Mata were offered. At this point, I simply want United to sell him if Rooney continues to make comments like "Angry and Confused." With that money they can bring in a new striker but most importantly a midfielder or two.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3gegy8mx said:
MANUNITED23":3gegy8mx said:
Man, I really hope United finally sell Rooney. I am tired of his complaints and egoistic behavior. NOBODY is bigger than the club and if somehow United can get Luiz or Mata in the deal that would be great.

Well, according to just about everyone except the two clubs now, Mata or Luiz plus cash is what was offered. REALLY dumb if United turned that down. Moyes seems determined to prove a point that he won't be pushed around by his players or something. Not a good start to his tenure.

Talk is that united are lining up a big bid for Bale. I reckon Real will just out-bid them.

I can't see Spurs selling in-country, if indeed they do sell. Madrid, Barcelona, PSG or Monaco would be the most likely next club. I'd have to imagine that it'll be a much larger fee than £60m if he is sold, too. Bale is essentially the face of the league over here this season and I'm sure that he is worth quite a bit to Spurs in terms of merchandise, expanding the fanbase and getting games on TV.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Just to put this in everyone's mind. Nobody really saw Arsenal selling Judas Van Persie in country last year.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":75kl31mn said:
Gatehawk":75kl31mn said:
Just to put this in everyone's mind. Nobody really saw Arsenal selling Judas Van Persie in country last year.

LOL. You still blame the players.

Where did I say that? All I said was that people assumed he would leave the country.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
When you referred to him as "Judas Van Persie". Come on Gate

Anyways its a valid point Torres went to Chelsea, RvP to United. The difference here is Suarez entire basis for leaving was to escape persecution from the British media (and I type that with sarcasm as he is paid nearly 120K a week for godssake oh and bites people)

Suarez is now peddling the CL angle because interest cooled. My thought is 60 mill in country (which Arsenal won't pay.... to be clear they won't offer the 40 they say they have permission to release for him either they are just playing their supporters).

45-50 out of country is fine

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Rodgers has intimated that he wants Cavani money for Suarez, which was 55 mil. Sounds about right to me.

It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to pay that much for him. I think Real Madrid should get him.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Reina to Napoli on LOAN? I get the Rafa/Reina connection, but a loan deal? Peaches, Si, you're up.

EDIT: I have backed off the ledge. Looks like Napoli is covering most if not all wages, and a deal with another club (Barca) likely in place.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Hopefully this will grease the wheels of incoming transfers. 100K a week just came off the books.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":sez6y0bz said:
Rodgers has intimated that he wants Cavani money for Suarez, which was 55 mil. Sounds about right to me.

Suarez would be worth the 55 million if he didn't come with the baggage that is with him. Rodgers is only looking at Suarez's talent and then saying he's worth that much. But you throw in the racism allegations, the diving reputation, the biting incident, and miscellaneous antics he causes, and I say you'd be lucky to get 40-45 million.

Edit: Also, just passing this along but Real Madrid is rumored to value Suarez at £25 million.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2nvarsns said:
LOL, it doesn't matter what other teams value him at. That only matters if we WANT to sell him - which we do not. If another team wants him (and believe me - there are several that do) then they can pay the piper or piss off. We don't have to be 'lucky to get' anything. Liverpool hold all of the cards in this situation.

Clubs would be lying if they said that they don't want a player of his skills. But they'd also be lying if they say they'd be okay with paying 55 million for a guy with the rap sheet that Suarez has. It's pretty damn obvious that Liverpool is saying he's worth that to turn off potential buyers. But, the "lucky to get" remark I made, was meant only if Liverpool did sell him. Like I said, if he didn't come with the baggage, I wouldn't disagree with the 55 million price tag, but it's like buying a luxury car with a history of fender benders and performance problems, it'd be more trouble than he's worth.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":jehalbzb said:
Gatehawk":jehalbzb said:
peachesenregalia":jehalbzb said:
LOL, it doesn't matter what other teams value him at. That only matters if we WANT to sell him - which we do not. If another team wants him (and believe me - there are several that do) then they can pay the piper or piss off. We don't have to be 'lucky to get' anything. Liverpool hold all of the cards in this situation.

Clubs would be lying if they said that they don't want a player of his skills. But they'd also be lying if they say they'd be okay with paying 55 million for a guy with the rap sheet that Suarez has. It's pretty damn obvious that Liverpool is saying he's worth that to turn off potential buyers. But, the "lucky to get" remark I made, was meant only if Liverpool did sell him. Like I said, if he didn't come with the baggage, I wouldn't disagree with the 55 million price tag, but it's like buying a luxury car with a history of fender benders and performance problems, it'd be more trouble than he's worth.

He's worth 30 goals a season or more. No-one gives a shit about 'baggage' if you're getting that kind of production from a player.

It doesn't help if at any moment said player makes one dumbass decision and gets himself suspended for anywhere from a couple games to a extended period, especially if the suspension happens during a tough part of the schedule.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
****! Can we sign SOMEONE please? And no, Aly Cissohko (sp) doesn't blow my hair back. THought we wanted to bring in 20 goals still.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38iobnj2 said:
InSuarezWeTrust":38iobnj2 said:
****! Can we sign SOMEONE please? And no, Aly Cissohko (sp) doesn't blow my hair back. THought we wanted to bring in 20 goals still.

No need if we keep Suarez. Give it a minute. We need to sort the back 4 out now. Clearing Reina's wages off the books will open up some nice options for incoming transfers. If we unload Spearing, Coates, Assaidi and Downing, we'll see a few singings before the window shuts.

SPORTS EMOTIONS!!!! I just want to be linked to........anyone. Losing out on the brazilian winger hurts. I agree the defense is a top priority, but the French LB is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":tuviqb0k said:
LOL

Arsenal bid 40mil and one pound for Suarez. John Henry tweets 'What do you think they're smoking over at the Emirates?'

Hahahaha! Typical incompetent Arsenal. Gotta be frustrating for you, Gate, no?

As you can imagine, that tweet has raised a good chuckle on Spurs forums this morning.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm 100% ready and willing for a United 5th place finish. I don't think it's out of the question either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Higuian off to Napoli for a box full of cash. I'd imagine Real will now turn to Suarez (and Bale). I've no issues with Suarez to Real for 45. Not Arsenal though (what a window for them so far. They are running the risk of desperation soon)

Its interesting to follow the transfer rumours of United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

ISWT.... Cissokho is a nice addition.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":4zmfe7cp said:
Higuian off to Napoli for a box full of cash. I'd imagine Real will now turn to Suarez (and Bale). I've no issues with Suarez to Real for 45. Not Arsenal though (what a window for them so far. They are running the risk of desperation soon)

Its interesting to follow the transfer rumours of United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

ISWT.... Cissokho is a nice addition.

I think it's going to be one of those moves that doesn't get a lot of publicity, but will go a long way in terms of improving squad depth. Hopefully it brings Enrique to raise his game.

Apparently we're in for Soldado too, I guess. If we manage that somehow with keeping our claws into Suarez, THAT would be a top 4 attack for sure. About the defense though.......

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3sqvmu5r said:
If Real want him, I want a player plus cash. Or 50mil.

What player? Higuian is gone. Who would leave there for Liverpool