2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1jj4fv2m said:
peachesenregalia":1jj4fv2m said:
85 million quid for Bale. WOW

Spurs need to take the money here. Stupid to turn that down.

From what I understand, they haven't even received any bids yet. The closest Madrid have come so far is the usual unsettling tactics, ie tapping up via Marca. The way the fans see this is that £85mil would get Levy and Lewis a lot closer to a new stadium and therefore a lot closer to selling the club for a huge profit. No one sees even half of any sale being reinvested in the squad.

Keeps Suarez at Liverpool as well. Its unfortunate such a huge sale of a mediocre left back wouldn't help the team and fans immediately.... If its any solace the Liverpool forums are scared to death of Daniel Levy with 85 million

cdallan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3kj5zssc said:

Sorry, not my forum, but I saw this on the "latest" thread on Tapatalk.

Gabrielle Marcotti was reporting on this story today, and it's not GBP85m or even close to it. It's only that if you value Di Maria and another dude whose name I can't spell at over GBP 40m, as it's players plus cash. They clearly aren't worth that, and when you add in their hefty wages (and the possible effect on the wage structure at Spurs) and the fact that Madrid have clearly tipped their hand that the players in question are not wanted and the effect this has on their value, I think Spurs are right to hold out for more cash.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
cdallan":20mespmw said:
peachesenregalia":20mespmw said:

Sorry, not my forum, but I saw this on the "latest" thread on Tapatalk.

Gabrielle Marcotti was reporting on this story today, and it's not GBP85m or even close to it. It's only that if you value Di Maria and another dude whose name I can't spell at over GBP 40m, as it's players plus cash. They clearly aren't worth that, and when you add in their hefty wages (and the possible effect on the wage structure at Spurs) and the fact that Madrid have clearly tipped their hand that the players in question are not wanted and the effect this has on their value, I think Spurs are right to hold out for more cash.

I've heard that Spurs are close to terms with Valencia for Soldado, in which case di Maria would be worth even less to them. I'm pretty sure Levy will want cash. And the wage structure at Spurs is very real too. I wouldn't be surprised to see it increased, but only for Bale at this stage.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Cdallan - did Marcotti mention whether any bid had actually been made?

cdallan

Reaction score
Hawkspur":12q205jz said:
Cdallan - did Marcotti mention whether any bid had actually been made?

Article at es.pn/1aSUVy5

No word on whether an "official" bid has been made, but it's not really that relevant - the details are out there and the players involved will know.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I just read an article in the Mirror, of all places, that I thought made a very good argument for keeping Bale, regardless of the transfer fee. The piece argued that Bale is the first real star the club has had in ages, and that with the arrival of Paulinho and possibly Soldado, as well as the younger players added so far this window and the talent already at the club like Lloris, vertonghen, Sandro & Kaboul, that the club is on the verge of not being a selling club. Especially given that Arsenal and United appear to be there for the taking it seems like an inopportune time to be selling the best player on a club that is very close to where it needs to be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":120c9wnh said:
Uncle Si":120c9wnh said:
InSuarezWeTrust":120c9wnh said:
Napoli is now Liverpool Southeast

One player

Reportedly (take it for what you will) Napoli is in for Skrtel as well.

On loan no less.... And sterling last loaned to west ham and Suarez to arsenal and we've signed the Greek back and some kid from Armenia (not that one but a new one)

Its all happening

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3bju3m7c said:
I just read an article in the Mirror, of all places, that I thought made a very good argument for keeping Bale, regardless of the transfer fee. The piece argued that Bale is the first real star the club has had in ages, and that with the arrival of Paulinho and possibly Soldado, as well as the younger players added so far this window and the talent already at the club like Lloris, vertonghen, Sandro & Kaboul, that the club is on the verge of not being a selling club. Especially given that Arsenal and United appear to be there for the taking it seems like an inopportune time to be selling the best player on a club that is very close to where it needs to be.

With Fergie moving on and Chelsea ageing, Spurs should be seeing this as a huge opportunity to break the money-controlled domination of a select group and really have a go. They aren't a million miles behind Utd and Chelsea. Man City are on another level because of their spending power, but they're yet to prove they can be consistent.

Keep Bale. See what happens. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to me who if he doesn't get a move will sulk and let it impact his form.

I for one would be rooting for Spurs next year if they can take the next step. Although I still expect City to waltz to the title with ease next season.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I highly doubt Spurs will sell Bale this summer or in January. I bet he will remain a Spur for another two years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":5qn1lbg0 said:
I highly doubt Spurs will sell Bale this summer or in January. I bet he will remain a Spur for another two years.
He will never have more value than he does now.... I see that as the only reason

They've added Paulinho Chadli and now Soldado apparently.... Surely that's Bale money being spent?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xj646hn said:
MANUNITED23":2xj646hn said:
He will never have more value than he does now.... I see that as the only reason

They've added Paulinho Chadli and now Soldado apparently.... Surely that's Bale money being spent?

You'd have to think so. Earlier in the summer fairly strong rumours came out that Joe Lewis had promised Levy/AVB £50m to try to get them over the hump. Part of this rumour was that AVB is getting to spend the money accrued over the last few years that Levy and Lewis didn't trust Harry with. It's certainly plausible as they did appear to earn a lot more than they spent and by all accounts Redknapp didn't manage to endear himself to Lewis.

However, I suspect that you are probably right. I hope that if he does go we can somehow manage to get Wilian from Anzhi or Lamela and a new fullback or two.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score

I disagree, he is still fairly young player and has room for improvement. I don't think he has reached his peak just yet. Also, I honestly think if he stays he'll have a better overall season than he ever did. The money Spurs spent on players mentioned above isn't necessary form a potential Bale sale. Perhaps, it's a move to keep Bale on the team.

PS: I honestly think AVB is going to be under the most pressure this coming season in BPL to get into top 3. Let me know what you guys think?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1rfhd2u3 said:
PS: I honestly think AVB is going to be under the most pressure this coming season in BPL to get into top 3. Let me know what you guys think?

I think that there will be pressure on AVB, certainly to finish in the top 4 anyway. Surely the manager under the greatest pressure is Moyes. How will he be regarded if United finish 5th?

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2hupb5vp said:
MANUNITED23":2hupb5vp said:

I think that there will be pressure on AVB, certainly to finish in the top 4 anyway. Surely the manager under the greatest pressure is Moyes. How will he be regarded if United finish 5th?

Finishing 5th would be unacceptable but I honestly don't think he has to win the league. He is not under that kind of pressure just yet. However if Rooney leaves pressure will rise.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting more and more confused by the day about the whole Suarez thing. I mean I'm just flat out confused about what that clause that Arsenal activated actually says, one side says it's a release clause, another says it's a clause that give Suarez permission to discuss terms with another club, and another says it's a clause that obligates Liverpool to tell Suarez that someone made a bid for him.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3qbprd4o said:
Is anyone else getting more and more confused by the day about the whole Suarez thing. I mean I'm just flat out confused about what that clause that Arsenal activated actually says, one side says it's a release clause, another says it's a clause that give Suarez permission to discuss terms with another club, and another says it's a clause that obligates Liverpool to tell Suarez that someone made a bid for him.

Nothing to be confused about, it's unlikely there is a release clause. Offer 55 million pounds or take a hike and sign some french middle schoolers.

Latest posts