2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1zpmxkk2 said:
Oh, you're saying as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Suarez? Yeah, fair enough.

Yes sir. 40+ Million plus this guy would be alright with me

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Im 99.9% sure of it, but about the one likely place he would go is RMFC. If they are going to bid they'll likely overpay, have UCL, and aren't in England.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":39z98ebh said:
peachesenregalia":39z98ebh said:
Oh, you're saying as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Suarez? Yeah, fair enough.

Yes sir. 40+ Million plus this guy would be alright with me

I'd go Tello if we are looking for a swap. But only because of team needs.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I think this whole idea of Suarez to Arsenal may actually come to fruition if Suarez indeed hands in a transfer request. However I still think him going to Madrid would be a better move.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2vcmx1je said:
Hawkspur":2vcmx1je said:
I'm 100% ready and willing for a United 5th place finish. I don't think it's out of the question either.

It isn't. they're basically relying on RVP to win them a trophy again, and it won't happen. If they get Bale from you lot, then I'd say *maybe*, even possibly Fabregas, although i don't think he'd improve them all that much at this point. Moyes just doesn't strike me as a winning manager.

Seems a bit premature to make such judgment call. It's too early to call a winner or even top 4.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This Suarez saga is just getting more intriguing, isn't it? Now that Madrid has sold Higuain(for more than what everyone thinks he's worth) to Napoli, now they might turn their attention to Suarez or Bale, more likely it's Bale with the reports that came out in the last few days. Add to that now, according to BBC, Suarez wants to talk to Arsenal.

I think we're all keeping a closer eye on this situation right now.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xp82ccj said:
I doubt Liverpool would sell him in-country, transfer request or no. I think if he was going to hand in a transfer request to go to Arsenal, he'd have done it already. Now, if Madrid come knocking with a serious bid, then things might be different, but so far that hasn't happened

Two things about this. One, just because he hasn't handed in a transfer request yet, doesn't mean he's not gonna do it. Two, all I've heard about Madrid is how either they're gonna A) Only offer up to 30 million for him, or B) Offer cash plus a player(and that's been Higuain in the reports I've seen). I think Madrid is more interested in Bale, and they'll only go after Suarez if they give up on Bale.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3try0lhn said:
Gatehawk":3try0lhn said:
peachesenregalia":3try0lhn said:
Do you have a link for you 'Suarez wants to talk to Arsenal' thing? Because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/359986506980540417

Can't see where this would be coming from, the Player doesn't get to decide the move. He has no buy-out clause and is under contract for three years. Transfer request or no, Liverpool hold all the cards.

Though most clubs would rather sell a player than have him stay there and be a nuisance in the locker room. Liverpool do hold the leverage, but leverage doesn't help much if the player is bent on leaving.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Suarez the player said no such thing. That was a tweet from a journo. No offense but this Suarez thing isn't intriguing at all. Its really the opposite. Entertaining to watch Gunner fans drool over speculative twitter nonsense and photos of Suarez playing FIFA by himself while three others play together. Or Liverpool fans moaning he didn't celebrate an injury time own goal in a friendly.

Its nonsense. Simple math. If he goes its too Real. Arsenal fans need to be concerned they are wasting yet another summer

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":23v5s4fw said:
So...Should Villa have sold Benteke then? Should United have sold Rooney when he handed in a transfer request a few years ago? Plenty of players hand in transfer requests and go on to have productive seasons after not being granted a transfer. We'll be just fine. Looks like Arsenal are failing at the transfer window.

Don't bother peaches..... Kids all think this is FIFA 13 and not the business side of professional sports

By the way Liverpool is now apparently considering action against Arsenal for tapping up

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3jk4r8j7 said:
So...Should Villa have sold Benteke then? Should United have sold Rooney when he handed in a transfer request a few years ago? Plenty of players hand in transfer requests and go on to have productive seasons after not being granted a transfer. We'll be just fine. Looks like Arsenal are failing at the transfer window.

Yeah they both handed in transfer requests, but then the U-turns they took came with new contracts. And in Benteke's case, guess he didn't want to play for Chelsea or Spurs.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38wi40it said:
But yeah, gate, Arsenal look to have squandered another summer window here.

I'm not thinkin that right now. The Suarez thing looks far from over and there's still over a month to go. Anything can happen and the fact that Arsenal have made a 40 million+ bid actually shows they do have money to spend. Question is, if they don't get Suarez, who's next on their shortlist?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1zuxps2u said:
peachesenregalia":1zuxps2u said:
But yeah, gate, Arsenal look to have squandered another summer window here.

I'm not thinkin that right now. The Suarez thing looks far from over and there's still over a month to go. Anything can happen and the fact that Arsenal have made a 40 million+ bid actually shows they do have money to spend. Question is, if they don't get Suarez, who's next on their shortlist?

This is where I think Arsenal fans should be worried. That 40 mill bid doesn't show anything. They knew it would be rejected. So they are either tapping up Suarez or their own fans. We've seen thus type of false bravado from clubs before.

No word if they have a shortlist.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":e1og6gsa said:
Okay, what are your thoughts on this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQDpG1wCMAEtt0c.jpg:large

Seems kinda stupid that some Liverpool fans are already doing this and he's still on Liverpool.

He just serenaded by 95000 fans in Melbourne Australia. I'm sure he can handle the antics of a few pissed off fans.

To be clear no club has more fans worldwide. If he stays he will be embraced. If he leaves..... He leaves.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2bodh9nw said:
85 million quid for Bale. WOW

Spurs need to take the money here. Stupid to turn that down.

From what I understand, they haven't even received any bids yet. The closest Madrid have come so far is the usual unsettling tactics, ie tapping up via Marca. The way the fans see this is that £85mil would get Levy and Lewis a lot closer to a new stadium and therefore a lot closer to selling the club for a huge profit. No one sees even half of any sale being reinvested in the squad.