Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I expect the Niners hype, they went to the Super Bowl. Any media love they get is deserved. I just don't like the media putting distance between the Niners and Hawks. That half game division championship was everything. If the Niners are the 5 seed, they go to DC, take out the Skins, go to ATL, knock them off while the Hawks get a decimation match at home against GB with a healthy Clemons who doesn't get injured on FedEx grass. Bringing the Niners back to the scene of their last assault for the NFCCG.

That is the difference in that half game and media perception. For what it is worth, I think both the Niners and Hawks get a little too much love. That Kaepernick and Wilson do too. Neither has a second season to back up their success, but look to be poised for seriously good seasons. Sample size is pretty small.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Marvin49":3t9hvcci said:
TeamoftheCentury":3t9hvcci said:
Marvin49":3t9hvcci said:
To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.
Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

Go Hawks!

Wow. :shock:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.
REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.
Too, I'll try to remember you're vision impaired.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The funniest part of any article that has any mention of the Hawks or Niners is the number of Niner fans following up with some weak attack on how crappy the Seahawks are and the repeated "how many Super Bowls" line they throw out to any fan who makes a positive comment about their favorite team. I read some shit on NFL. Com about Kaeperstank being MVP. Niner fans come out in large numbers to even rip on Ravens fans.

Just post about any team, say something like "Go Packers" and watch how quickly the Whiner fans attack like a group of Pihrana. I swear, a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.

All I know is that they better be one kick ass team this year, because that fan base could be a flash-meltdown across the nation.

kearly

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2dj1cbb2 said:
Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.

That's part of it, a small part of it.

Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":3fz2czcf said:
TeamoftheCentury":3fz2czcf said:
Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.

That's part of it, a small part of it.

Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.
Thanks. Yah, I know. If you go back, I didn't say that CK was a first rounder (and, in fact, I do believe I said 2nd round.) Not sure why that was brought up as a point?

In any case, I think perhaps you didn't quite understand what I meant. Not that it matters, because we essentially agree. No issue here. But, I don't think I explained my point very clearly... I just said what you quoted.

They're not going to provide commentary listing multiple examples to make their point about finding a draft value or draft steal at QB in later rounds (after the 1st or high 2nd). So, that's why they didn't say, "Teams are looking for the next RW or CW or ... " It gets too wordy and unnecessary. Part of it is that they chose the best example... Russell Wilson, of course + the fact that he was taken in the previous draft. That was my point. CK isn't on the same level when you consider intangibles... which is why they didn't bypass RW as the example and give the example from the previous year draft - CK in the 2nd round (#36 overall + they traded up from the #45 overall to draft him) which is in that range when teams are looking for a franchise QB. So, it wouldn't really make sense to say that teams are looking for the next CK b/c any team can use a high pick "looking" for a QB (and trading up into that early 2nd round range to get him.) It's a great feat to draft a Russell Wilson no matter what round, but when one considers he was had in the 3rd round (#75 overall, did not trade up - but almost took him in the 2nd round) - coupled with his accomplishments and forecasting his future (and the future of the team with him)... what team wouldn't want that? There are other QB's they could have used as an example... but, they used the obvious best choice example!

Go Hawks!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1fulgmfq said:
a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.
Sadly, this is so very true. Excellent observation. You hit the nail on the head with this statement. I don't mind limited dialog with Niner fans (but, usually their hijacking comments turn posts into mild smack that stay just this side of the shack.) Perhaps your quote should be posted as a warning at the top of the forum selection screen - or at least the main forum. Newcomers deserve to be fair warned + too, they need to realize that even though the main forum might look like a Seahawks and Niners forum, that wasn't the original intent.

And as a disclaimer to those who wish to immediately jump on such comments... no, I do not sweat Niner fans. There are chump fans from other teams, too. Not all fans are chumps, of course. But, as in the above quote (and loafoftatupu's further commentary on the matter in the full post) there is a chump-ness level that 49er fans seem to have attained. But, perhaps I digress. I only say this to be clear that I don't feel they are any threat. They certainly can be a nuisance, though. That's why I would be in favor of preserving (or rather reclaiming) the main forum SEAHAWKS and Seahawks FANS only. I don't go into the main forum looking to talk about CK incessantly. If I wanted to do that, I would more intuitively visit the NFL forum. I know I don't seem to have much agreement on that. Still, I wish to make the point. For example, I would much rather enjoy conversing with Seahawks fans about the upcoming season and during each glorious week without having to make a case to an incessant 49er fan that wishes to inject their team or certain player into the conversation. It's not a matter of me or anyone "fearing" 49er fans or any of that garbage... it's about not inviting a bunch of pest mosquitoes to fly around while we're sipping our ice tea in the pleasant evening. But alas, I believe it is me who misunderstands the intent of the "main" Seahawks forum.

An example of an expected or typical chump Niner fan statement to follow: "Ah, we're in your head!" :34853_doh: Ah... no.

drdiags

Reaction score
You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

Throwdown

Reaction score
drdiags":3a2nkdsp said:
You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

They did? :(

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
drdiags":2g4q3iru said:
Thanks. Yah, like I said... I know it's not a popular opinion and I'm sure there's reasoning behind decisions made by those who run the site. I certainly don't intend to blow it out of proportion. I'm not on a mission or anything like that. Just an observation and a point to be made. Do you see Seahawk fans initiating posts about the Niners stuff in the main forum? When the OP is a bleacher report comparison of CK vs. RW... I think Seahawks fans are generally talking on the side of RW. But, those certainly open the door for Niner fans to come be incessant about their team and QB.

Let me ask you, though... in your estimation, do you think it limits that desired interaction if there is a designated forum for that? Is there some barrier that gets created that prevents non-Seahawks fans from doing their Seahawks talking in the NFL forum? To me, seems like that is the intent of "NFL Forum" (because even though some fans come into the main forum to genuinely discuss the Seahawks... usually there is at least a hint of their team as well (and in the case of division rivals, more so.) I'm sure that the reasoning is that for moderators purposes, anything exclusively Seahawks belongs in the main forum. Sometimes posts start that way and veer way off course. Seems that it might actually be easier to moderate the appropriateness of the content if Seahawks related topics could be brought up by non-fans in the NFL forum. My :twocents:

Though I brought it up, I'm not hung up about it. I trust those that are running it all they have a handle on everything. (Even if I didn't, who am I? It's not my site. I'm a privileged guest. So, I'm grateful to interact.) My comments are only intended to suggest what might be more pleasant for Seahawks fans. To me, that's a different perspective. I don't live in the greater Seattle area. (As you know), I live in Orlando. It's a treat for me to discuss Seahawks. So, it's somewhat disappointing when I go into the main forum and get into the types of conversations I can get here sometimes in person with others. (Though I'm looking for Seahawks fans in Central Florida. There's a start up Private High School Football program that has 3 Seahawks fans on their coaching staff. My wife and I are looking into that program for our middle son fall of 2014.) I don't know if any of those coaches post on .net (if so, PM me!) I've only met one of them in person.

Anyway, yes... I assumed what you said to be the case. Thanks again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2rxbgw7n said:
Marvin49":2rxbgw7n said:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.
REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.

LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

No worries. Just lookin forward to week 2.

drdiags

Reaction score
ToC.

I have always thought non-Seahawks discussions should go into the NFL Forum and folks should be reminded not to go off-topic. People are just stubborn in their ways and tend to do what they want. Yes, our discussions about rivals and the like IMO would be better in the NFL Forum.

But as you state, one of our fans brought up this topic and surely he knew the discussion was not going to be one-sided. It was an open invitation to rival fans to stand up for their guy.

The things I see is we can start with any topic about a Seahawks player, someone will eventually pull up a comparison to our division rival and then off we go with Seahawks vs 9ers trash talk. Put up the season highlights, someone drools over the blowout of the 9ers.

I only hope the Rams don't catch folks with their pants down after all this fixating on the team that won the last 2 division crowns.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3g5xlumj said:
drdiags":3g5xlumj said:

Non-Seahawk sure, but NOT 9'ers fans. They're the fricken worst... They're so ignorant and obnoxious that I can't help but imagine everything they write being said in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez voice. They're like nails on a chalkboard. "Blabity blabity Justin Smith was hurt blabity blabity Kaepernicking isn't douchy blabity blabity I know 7 foods that start with the letter Q Billy! hehehehe....." aaaaarrrrrggghh, makes me want to claw my eyes out!

AND they keep staring at my bulge...

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":1ihuagb9 said:
Throwdown":1ihuagb9 said:
drdiags":1ihuagb9 said:

Non-Seahawk sure, but NOT 9'ers fans. They're the fricken worst... They're so ignorant and obnoxious that I can't help but imagine everything they write being said in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez voice. They're like nails on a chalkboard. "Blabity blabity Justin Smith was hurt blabity blabity Kaepernicking isn't douchy blabity blabity I know 7 foods that start with the letter Q Billy! hehehehe....." aaaaarrrrrggghh, makes me want to claw my eyes out!

AND they keep staring at my bulge...

They also refuse to shower.

formido

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ygcndfs said:
TeamoftheCentury":2ygcndfs said:
Marvin49":2ygcndfs said:

LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
formido":16ypsqez said:
Marvin49":16ypsqez said:
LOL.

Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
drdiags":d476zcio said:
ToC.

I have always thought non-Seahawks discussions should go into the NFL Forum and folks should be reminded not to go off-topic. People are just stubborn in their ways and tend to do what they want. Yes, our discussions about rivals and the like IMO would be better in the NFL Forum.

But as you state, one of our fans brought up this topic and surely he knew the discussion was not going to be one-sided. It was an open invitation to rival fans to stand up for their guy.

The things I see is we can start with any topic about a Seahawks player, someone will eventually pull up a comparison to our division rival and then off we go with Seahawks vs 9ers trash talk. Put up the season highlights, someone drools over the blowout of the 9ers.

I only hope the Rams don't catch folks with their pants down after all this fixating on the team that won the last 2 division crowns.
Yup.
Good thing the Seahawks are not overlooking the Rams. I doubt the Niners are either. I have thought for some time - even before the draft - that the Rams would be the more formidable challenger for the division... not the 49ers. The NFC West is going to be a battle, but... Russell Wilson is special! Percy Harvin can't stop smiling.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Marvin49":k5s52dl4 said:
TeamoftheCentury":k5s52dl4 said:
Marvin49":k5s52dl4 said:

LOL.

Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.

formido

Reaction score
Marvin49":2e31bs3m said:
formido":2e31bs3m said:
Marvin49":2e31bs3m said:
LOL.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.