Pats TE Aaron Hernandez questioned by police about homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":12xly1z3 said:
What's out Leonard Little?

Littles ass should have been thrown in prison with no parole.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hernandez was questioned about a shooting in 2007 while a student at the University of Florida...
Hernandez was arrested in a separate situation during his freshman year at Florida while he was still 17 years old... after an altercation at a campus hangout...
He’s also being sued by a former friend after a shooting...
He was also involved in two separate incidents at Providence nightclubs in May and June of this year
[urltargetblank]http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-aaron-hernandez-arrested-as-juvenile-questioned-about-shooting-while-at-florida-in-2007/[/urltargetblank]

But the pattern of Hernandez showing up in court filings and on police reports hints at a life lived in the margins and surrounded by questionable people. Hernandez also admitted to NFL teams that he failed numerous drug tests prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. That disclosure combined with multiple NFL personnel sources telling SI.com that some teams had concerns that Hernandez was associated with some people with gang ties, reveals why so many teams passed on Hernandez in that draft.
[urltargetblank]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130620/aaron-hernandez-new-details/#ixzz2Wolcd8eH[/urltargetblank]

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
Things are not looking good for Hernandez. There is a ton of incriminating evidence being discovered as well as a checkered past that has reveled itself.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This dude is a thug , no doubt in my mind him or one of his goons put a bullet in the back of his sister-in laws boyfriends dome.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Manbearpig99":1ctuva3r said:
They are reporting that he is being sued for shooting a man in Miami earlier this year. The first suit was withdrawn, but evidently it is being refiled. There might be something pretty bad here. The guy reportedly lost his eye.

Chris

How is it even possible to shoot a man in the FACE, with a GUN so that he loses an EYE and not be in prison for 10 years already? How can such a enormously severe crime (WAAAAAY worse than bank robbery, any kind of money crime etc etc) be about "a lawsuit"?!?!?!?!?

And i saw someone say that you hope he gets convicted for the murder and go to jail for 5 years. FIVE?!?!? This is supposed to be AMERICA, the country that seemingly puts every murderer att Death row or life sentence. But because you are famous and rich and have good lawyers you somehow get FIVE?

DISGUSTING

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pnwhawk25":3pndm8s2 said:
Things are not looking good for Hernandez. There is a ton of incriminating evidence being discovered as well as a checkered past that has reveled itself.
His past was well known for example Baltimore removed both Gronk and Hernandez from their board even though they needed TE's they just went with different players. I am not sure he won't get away with it given he has good lawyers and many football players have done really bad things and never got punished or just punished lightly.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's either ironic or hilarious justice or both that Hernandez installed a surveillance security system to catch potential criminals...

and then it caught him being a criminal. Allegedly.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":yrdpf65g said:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/tennessees_tragic_trio_donte_stallworth_leonard_little_dwayne_goodrich/721486

Leonard Little, Dante Stallworth, and Dwayne Goodrich all killed people and had very light penalties. Hernandez could easily get convicted and serve almost no time...

The primary difference here is that all three of those guys killed someone while driving under the influence. The concept of intent comes into play here. It doesn't sound as if Odin Lloyd's death was some accident, as reports indicate that he was shot multiple times.

Not to mention that at least in Stallworth's case, there was evidence that the pedestrian he struck was attempting to cross a busy causeway while not in a crosswalk, so while Stallworth was absolutely acting irresponsibly by driving drunk, there were other factors that contributed to that incident.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Intent is overrated, IMO. If your child is killed by a drunk driver, you're not going to care that it wasn't intentional; your child is dead either way by someone else's actions, and your life is irrevocably changed the same way whether it was intentional or not.

We need to punish ignorance that leads to horrible things more in society than we do, in my opinion.

Also, news update about Hernandez:

Adam Schefter
Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I predict he goes down HARD. No light sentence here.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":1y4ny566 said:
Manbearpig99":1y4ny566 said:
They are reporting that he is being sued for shooting a man in Miami earlier this year. The first suit was withdrawn, but evidently it is being refiled. There might be something pretty bad here. The guy reportedly lost his eye.

Chris

How is it even possible to shoot a man in the FACE, with a GUN so that he loses an EYE and not be in prison for 10 years already? How can such a enormously severe crime (WAAAAAY worse than bank robbery, any kind of money crime etc etc) be about "a lawsuit"?!?!?!?!?

And i saw someone say that you hope he gets convicted for the murder and go to jail for 5 years. FIVE?!?!? This is supposed to be AMERICA, the country that seemingly puts every murderer att Death row or life sentence. But because you are famous and rich and have good lawyers you somehow get FIVE?

DISGUSTING

The guy who claims to been shot in the arm and then the bullet bounced and took out an eye refused to cooperate with the police. He never said a name or anything. I'm guessing the plan was to keep in quiet and just recieve money. But in light of Hernedez recent problems all this stuff is coming out.

Also- I just read on pft that during his rookie season he threatened to F*** up Wes Weller , lol.

rigelian

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vm8igfg said:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/tennessees_tragic_trio_donte_stallworth_leonard_little_dwayne_goodrich/721486

Leonard Little, Dante Stallworth, and Dwayne Goodrich all killed people and had very light penalties. Hernandez could easily get convicted and serve almost no time...

If I recall Dante Stallworth's case was a bit different. While over the legal limit, the victim was actually the cause of the accident. He darted out between cars right into Stallworth's path. There was no way to avoid the accident. Under the law, it didn't matter, Stallworth was driving while legally over the limit.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ng0p7u7 said:
Intent is overrated, IMO. If your child is killed by a drunk driver, you're not going to care that it wasn't intentional; your child is dead either way by someone else's actions, and your life is irrevocably changed the same way whether it was intentional or not.

We need to punish ignorance that leads to horrible things more in society than we do, in my opinion.

Also, news update about Hernandez:

Adam Schefter
Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

Unintentional injuries that are caused by someone doing an illegal activity, like drunk driving, is punished a lot more severally than unintentional actions where its really just kind of an accident. Like a typical car crash where one driver was at fault.

So its important that you differenciate. I agree that unintentional injuries that are caused by negligent actions should be looked at like your example and should be punished severally. By on the other hand we might have to give leeway to people who arent negligent but are just kind of in the wrong place at the wrong time, at the risk of turning into a vendetta state that just punishes its people people on how much damage he or she caused.

The risk with what you're saying, imo, in in charging people based on the size of the injured party's vendetta.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1chuh9oi said:

And if my child is killed by a driver who had a tire blow out and lost control of the car while going the approved speed limit and stone-cold sober, my life is still irrevocably changed. So how do we punish that guy? :|

If a diner sitting out on a restaurant's patio leaves a $10 tip and some guy comes by and takes it, is that the same as if the tip is blown half a block away by a gust of wind and someone else finds the tip laying on the sidewalk? The waiter is still out the $10.

Intent is crucial and important. Now, that's not to say that a drunk driver shouldn't be punished, because their choice to drive drunk made them a significantly more dangerous force than random guy behind the wheel. But a guy driving drunk and hitting someone in an accident is a world different from taking someone and putting two bullets in their skull (and THAT is a world different from putting two bullets in the skull of someone who is coming at you with a machete - again, there's intent).

heyu123

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1iwp2k4r said:

I actually agree with you here.

The key is hernandez absolutely does have a history of violent behavior. The fact he has a separate lawsuit for shooting a guy shows he absolutely should not be in society. He's a punk to the highest degree.

You absolutely cannot let a guy who has this pattern get a slap on he wrist.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Volsung/Realjohn, I feel like negligence or illegal activities were implied in my statement, but if not, then let me clarify; if you're doing something the vast majority of people would consider negligent that led to someone's death, intent shouldn't matter very much at all.

Also, our state's vehicular homicide laws are incredibly lenient, Realjohn.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1oq2jjdg said:
I will believe it when I see it. Too many times have athletes gotten off with nothing for me to believe that it's any sure thing he will get punished as he should if convicted.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":zvbs72br said:
Chukarhawk":zvbs72br said:
I will believe it when I see it. Too many times have athletes gotten off with nothing for me to believe that it's any sure thing he will get punished as he should if convicted.

*Raises glass to the realistic person in the room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts