Site Redesign

CANHawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2wxg2h7b said:
Needs more comic sans, imo.

Greatest font ever.

The Roland/Twisted nerd fight makes me lol. I read and post on this site daily with a supposedly lowly and antiquated blackberry playbook and have ZERO problems doing or seeing anything. Hell even my lowly and antiquated blackberry torch handles the regular site with no problems (though I use the tapa just because it's a little quicker to load and a little easier to read.

If my lowly and antiquated canadian hardware can handle this site, then the mighty apple and android should be able to eat it for breakfast, no?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":n0z4r98q said:
Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

Amen to this. We need a way for people to easily identify who the hella smart and hella stoooopid people are.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
On a semi-related note, is Seahawks.net ever going back to being more than a forum? Have columns/news/interviews/podcasts.. etc

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Todd, "design by committee" is a horrible idea. I expected better.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7xe7p21x said:
On a semi-related note, is Seahawks.net ever going back to being more than a forum? Have columns/news/interviews/podcasts.. etc

I floated doing a .NET podcast like 1-2 years ago, very few expressed any interest in doing one with me; but plenty of people seem to want one.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would be down for minor updates and tweeks, but nothing too radical as this place is already above and beyond many other fan forums out there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RynoHawk":qovcyglg said:
Hawknballs":qovcyglg said:
just messing around I threw this together real quick, with lettering sort of like the jersey numbers/similar to the idea I used for my sigs.

Not sure who would be making an updated logo, but if you're using photoshop I have a brush i can send you that stamps the feather shape.

Netlogo zps30deabe8

Hey HawknBalls, I really like this direction but is it me or does the lettering remind you of the new Vikings lettering..... just a thought..;)

hah. now that you mention it I totally see it. It's a font I got off of blambot.com, I wonder if that's what they are using?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think .net is the absolute best site of it's kind on the WWW anywhere. IMO- That's why so many "other teams" come to visit and troll. As to re-design, I think the "location" field in the initial sign-up process should be a "mandatory" field. I say this because I hate trollers that come here to post their BS and many seem to want nothing more than to stir up our fan base and piss us all off. I wouldn't mind if some of the straight lines on the site looked like the stripe that runs down the Seahawks legs, however the base colors all seem fine to me. Easy to read is a plus for us old guys.

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
I love it the way it is. Though I like the idea that some people have mentioned of making some small aesthetic changes to match the new uniforms.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
I wouldn't change the way it functions but I'd like to request a new header please it looks 6 years old, we have a new team going in a direction everyone seems excited about so a grittier header to reflect that I would be happy to see (the eye looks menacing the way it is however) :D

SeaTown81":8nsnm9fv said:
After reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Old people don't like change.

This is funny, every time I read "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I imagine an old man, why not think like RW & say "its great but lets make it greater". I don't mean to offend anyone by the way.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3sopklez said:
Aros":3sopklez said:
Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Plus a boring white theme, please; you can name it "Work Mode". :lol:

The 'Work Mode' theme also needs to disable signatures (aka turtle-humping papakis).

CANHawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":23jz964j said:
RolandDeschain":23jz964j said:
Aros":23jz964j said:
Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Plus a boring white theme, please; you can name it "Work Mode". :lol:

The 'Work Mode' theme also needs to disable signatures (aka turtle-humping papakis).

Bang bang bang bang bang bang.....