Clark Judge: Sea vs SF rivalry best in NFL

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • The most attractive game on this year's NFL schedule is so good the league will play it twice, and, no, it has nothing to do with Peyton Manning, Baltimore, Sean Payton or the Atlanta Falcons. This one's all about Seattle vs. San Francisco, and here's why.

They're not just the two best clubs in their division. They're the two best clubs in their conference and might just be the two best clubs, period.

Only there's one difference: Because San Francisco and Dallas are in different divisions, they couldn't meet more than once during the regular season; Seattle and San Francisco live at the same address, so they get to hammer each other twice before moving on to the playoffs.

Hey, like the man said, anything worth doing is worth overdoing -- because if there's one team out there that I know can beat San Francisco, it's Seattle ... and if there's one team out there that I know can beat Seattle, it's the 49ers.

The question, of course, is: Which is better? All I know is that we have two chances to find out, and hallelujah.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark ... est-period
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• san fran could beat seattle in the 2013 season?
    Is this guy trolling?
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:san fran could beat seattle in the 2013 season?
    Is this guy trolling?

Of course they can. San Fran is a damn good team.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Gonna be a fun season!

The 9ers are itching for some payback, while the Seahawks are looking to show they were and are for real.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I'm really glad the 49ers games are spread out. We'll beat their asses into submission at home in week 2, and they'll be whining about payback for most of the season before they get a chance to beat us at their house. I think we will beat them at their house, but it's far from a sure thing. I feel pretty good about beating them at the CLink, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Kaepernick is probably practicing in 3 hour spurts in a 110 dB environment as we speak :lol:

CLink sure shook him in that 42-13 game.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, he looked like a lost puppy dog the whole time. For real. It was great.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• This is like Gabriele Burne vs Arnold Swartzenegger in The End of Days.

A classical match up good vs evil.

Winner take all smashfest with all the NFL souls at stake.

Will they love fest the Seahawks have been showered with this off season continue if we don't
    defeat the evil 9ers? No it won't. Like a dark
    plague it will fester and haunt the righteous. We will simply be forgotten.

So rise 12's!! May your cries rise to distant thunder and promise of Blood!ahahahajajajajaj!!!!
    Last edited by Atradees on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Best in the NFL maybe this season. I think historically both teams haven't been really good at the same time (in the same division) until now. I do think they will be some of the best games this season. As long as they don't get meat ground into a dozen injuries.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:Kaepernick is probably practicing in 3 hour spurts in a 110 dB environment as we speak :lol:

CLink sure shook him in that 42-13 game.

Well, clearly you're mistaken because I've had 49er fans tell me that Kaepernick NEVER gets shaken, that he couldn't POSSIBLY have been shaken. They've got to be trustworthy, right? ;)
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, he looked like a lost puppy dog the whole time. For real. It was great.

He sure did, and the Hawks played solid. Reminded me of Russell Wilson when they played at the 49ers earlier in the year. Fortunately both teams will have a full offseason with their offenses fully implemented, so should be good games.
    Disp
    NET Rookie

• Disp wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, he looked like a lost puppy dog the whole time. For real. It was great.

He sure did, and the Hawks played solid. Reminded me of Russell Wilson when they played at the 49ers earlier in the year. Fortunately both teams will have a full offseason with their offenses fully implemented, so should be good games.

Incorrect. Wilson didn't get rattled, his catchers had some ridiculous drops. stop being a dick.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Disp wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, he looked like a lost puppy dog the whole time. For real. It was great.

We're gonna smash you into the ground again and make that sissy Kap really cry this time. No mercy!
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Give them nothing. Take from them Everything!
    No Mercy!
    Last edited by Atradees on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Disp wrote:

Don't you dare go there. Russell Wilson did not look lost at ALL at the 49ers. Go re-watch the game, RIGHT NOW, and tell me at what points in the game, Wilson has a "lost" look on his face. Seriously, tell me. 13:47 left in the 2nd quarter, etc. Show me the evidence. Wilson had a lot of on-target passes dropped for no freaking reason by our receivers that game, and that's the main reason we lost. I'm not saying Wilson played a perfect game or any crap like that, but Wilson has NEVER had a "deer in the headlights" game.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I normally just disregard idiotic, uninformed, blatant ignorance, but when an @$$ Clown shows up with his head so far up his posterior that a Plexiglas belly button is installed, as to allow navigation of his brainless meat sack, I must intercede for the safety of those of us that don’t need warning labels. The Game actually went as Follows: Perfect pass from Our Savior Wilson, results in; Turbo's Drops a sure touchdown, Tate drops a 3-2 first down, Tate drops a huge gain, and another drop by Naga, marga, Notga, notgonnaplayhere anymore. Good God.. At least try and have a good point. I typed extra slow so the Troller doesn't get left behind.
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

• Disp wrote:

Let's say you are correct. With that, Wilson led his team to a mere seven point defeat in enemy territory looking like, "a deer in headlights," while Kaepernick led his team to a twenty-nine point defeat sharing the same look.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Disp wrote:

And another lurking Niner peeks out just long enough to right a wrong being done to his pet. OMG, they were not being nice about my guy! I better correct this wrong!
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Regardless - I love the fact that the best two teams in the league play each other twice.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• Actually, it very well could be three times in 2013-if you count the playoffs.

:)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I'm still waiting, Disp. Show me where Wilson looks like a deer in the headlights in the Sea @ S.F. game. Hell, find even one instance of it, and I'll show you ten from the S.F. @ Sea game of Kaepernick's face.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• sutz wrote:Actually, it very well could be three times in 2013-if you count the playoffs.

:)

The mere inference brings back Frank Hawkins and Marcus Allen flashbacks.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• I don't agree about the Wilson in SF remark.

Now, if you want to talk about how our DL looked defeated in the last 20 minutes, I'm going to concede that. I just really felt that SF game was one that was very even and I give credit to Alex Smith and Harbaugh in making the adjustments to exploit our weak middle pass defense. Like a pitcher who works a hole in a batter's swing, they just mercilessly beat us down with the shallow stuff.

Then they just figuratively ripped the arms out of our DL's sockets and beat them do death with their own appendages. That was the most sufficiently dominated seattle D I saw all year. We knew what was coming and there was no way we could stop it. We were physically destroyed.

Wilson kept us in that game. In fact, I said on more than one occasion that I considered that his breakout game. Not the Chicago game.

I just cannot wait for this season. The anticipation for this rivalry/war is mind blowing.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Yet, Attyla, our defense still held the 49ers to 13 points.

Ugh. We so should have won that game. Sooooooo many dropped balls.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:I don't agree about the Wilson in SF remark.

Now, if you want to talk about how our DL looked defeated in the last 20 minutes, I'm going to concede that. I just really felt that SF game was one that was very even and I give credit to Alex Smith and Harbaugh in making the adjustments to exploit our weak middle pass defense. Like a pitcher who works a hole in a batter's swing, they just mercilessly beat us down with the shallow stuff.

Then they just figuratively ripped the arms out of our DL's sockets and beat them do death with their own appendages. That was the most sufficiently dominated seattle D I saw all year. We knew what was coming and there was no way we could stop it. We were physically destroyed.

Wilson kept us in that game. In fact, I said on more than one occasion that I considered that his breakout game. Not the Chicago game.

I just cannot wait for this season. The anticipation for this rivalry/war is mind blowing.

I look forward to seeing how this 'hawk defense plays this year. Defense wins championships.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• You guys chased Disp away, how is that fun for the rest of us?

The only time you see panic from RW is when he shows up at 5am and the projector isn't setup with all of last year's games on tap for him. Elsewise he has cold, dead eyes.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• The Seahawks and "9ers, like a boxer challenging the champion, must be overwhelming
    to get this "best rivalry" notation from the Eastern press.

Usually it's the "real teams", you know, the Giants, Packers, Falcons and the Cowboys
    for cryin' out loud. New England, Miami and the everlovin' Jets (AFC Cowboys).

I'm just glad someone with national exposure agrees with what we already knew.
    (National exposure, just imagine the possibilities. sigh)
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Yet, Attyla, our defense still held the 49ers to 13 points.

Ugh. We so should have won that game. Sooooooo many dropped balls.

I also will add to your argument for the Seahawks against any San Fran Fan...

1. Q) How many Seahawks rookies played last season compared to the 49ers?

A) 2 Rookie Starters (Wilson and Wagner at positions of Leadership, QB and MLB, with 35 starts), and 4 others with solid to significant contributions with 10 combined starts (Irvin, Turbin, Lane, Sweezy, and Scruggs) and another that played in about 4 games (Guy).

49ers fielded LaMichael James, only after, Kendell Hunter went down.... I think that's it from what I researched.

2. What is the age difference between the two teams?

In 2012, I know Seahawks were one of the youngest teams (top 5) but how about them 49ers, who were probably on old to older extreme in league comparison.

To drive the points 1 and 2 home, 8 Seahawks rookies with 45 combined starts saw action on the field on an already incredibly young team overall.

3. When the Seahawks met the 49ers, a team who was playing their 3rd home game in a row, for the first time Thursday night on a short week... 49ers got decimated by a NY Giants team that, the prior week, who were pedestrian on offense, instead capitalizing on Defense that racked up 6 sacks and forced 3 Alex Smith INTs. ... while the Seahawks defense got dominated by the up-tempo, no huddle Patriots offense for much of the game... NE T.O.P. 36:00 minutes, 85 total plays vs SEA T.O.P 24:00 minutes, 55 plays…

Yet the Seahawks were still able to hang on to win and hold the Patriots to 23 points… Then go to SF on the short week and still lose only 13-6. With Sea WRs dropping at least 2 scoring opportunities.

NE, SF games were also important in the sense that both teams exploited the Seahawks defense miserably. NE did it with Brady, Welker and Co torching the Seahawks coverage inside specifically Marcus Trufant. SF with Gore and his dominant O-line taking control of a tired Seahawks defense and gutting them up with well designed draw plays. A blue print to the rest of the league in which contributed to Seahawk losses vs Det and Mia)

What happened when SF played NE, and then played SEA the next week?… a 42-13 embarrassing loss by the SF who can’t say they weren’t playing for anything like their Offensive Coordinator later indicated because if SF won they win the NFC West outright, and not on the glorifications of a tie or the possibility of choking against the Cardinals the following week and losing. Thus, allowing the Seahawks to become the 2nd Seed with a bye week and never losing Chris Clemons to a shitty field vs the Redskins…

Who knows what would have happen then?

4. Lastly, the Seahawks weren't blown out in any game in 2012. Losing only on the road by 4 points @ ARZ, 6 points @ STL, 7 points @ SF, 4 points @ DET, 3 points @ MIA, and then 2 points @ ATL in the playoffs after trailing 20-0 to make it 30-28 without the momentum killing help of a stadium blackout.

All I’m trying to say is… to any San Fran Fan who actually believe with the strongest of convictions that the 49ers are the better team between the Seahawks… you better pray more. And I’m not saying the Seahawks are better but I think the upside and potential is there once youth becomes experience.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• You guys sure are inferring a lot from what I wrote. I said Kaepernick’s game reminded me of Wilson’s game at the 49ers. All QB’s have bad games, and I didn’t say Wilson is a bad quarterback.

I think most of us can agree that Profootballfocus is unbiased, and much better analysts than any of us, so I’ve got a couple charts from their site. The main thing you can take away is both played poorly under pressure, decently with no pressure, and overall both were ineffective. Kaepernick was 2/9 with a pick and Wilson was 1/9 with a pick with pressure. Without pressure they were both close to 60% passing, and relatively efficient. Both avoided taking many sacks despite pressure, they each had a couple dropped passes, and both were bad on 3rd downs. Seattle was 4-13 overall on 3rd down @ SF, and SF was 3-13 overall on 3rd down @ Seattle. Beyond that, it was Kaep’s 6’th start and Wilson’s 7’th start, so they were at similar points in the season. That's why Kaepernick's performance reminded me of Wilson's earlier in the year.

As far as debating whether Kaepernick was rattled and Wilson wasn’t, does it matter? Rattled or not, they both played bad games. If you think Wilson played a good game then we’ll just have to disagree. After the 1st quarter the Seahawks had 7 drives, and Wilson had just as many passing first downs as interceptions in that 45 minute timeframe. Take it as a dig if you want, but I don’t think anyone outside of Seattle will claim he had a good game, just as no one will claim Kaepernick had a good game @ Seattle. Like I said, all QB’s have bad games, and having a bad game vs. the 49ers or Seahawks defense isn’t exactly uncommon.
    Attachments
    kaepwilson.jpg
    kaepwilson.jpg (137.92 KiB) Viewed 457 times
    Disp
    NET Rookie

• Disp wrote:If you think Wilson played a good game then we’ll just have to disagree. After the 1st quarter the Seahawks had 7 drives, and Wilson had just as many passing first downs as interceptions in that 45 minute timeframe. Take it as a dig if you want, but I don’t think anyone outside of Seattle will claim he had a good game, just as no one will claim Kaepernick had a good game @ Seattle.

You disagree with Jim Harbaugh. I believe he lives outside Seattle. ;)

Q: What did your defense do to succeed against QB Russell Wilson the first time you faced him?

Harbaugh: "Well, they made plays. We made plays. And Russell played very well in that game. I remember a few critical drops. Otherwise, he would have had a few other big completions. And a few more plays. Tight game. Limit him? I don't know that we did. I think it probably came out pretty even. And might have been for a couple of those drops."

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/19/3786446/jim-harbaugh-49ers-vs-seahawks-press-conference-transcript
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:
    Disp wrote:If you think Wilson played a good game then we’ll just have to disagree. After the 1st quarter the Seahawks had 7 drives, and Wilson had just as many passing first downs as interceptions in that 45 minute timeframe. Take it as a dig if you want, but I don’t think anyone outside of Seattle will claim he had a good game, just as no one will claim Kaepernick had a good game @ Seattle.

You disagree with Jim Harbaugh. I believe he lives outside Seattle. ;)

Q: What did your defense do to succeed against QB Russell Wilson the first time you faced him?

Harbaugh: "Well, they made plays. We made plays. And Russell played very well in that game. I remember a few critical drops. Otherwise, he would have had a few other big completions. And a few more plays. Tight game. Limit him? I don't know that we did. I think it probably came out pretty even. And might have been for a couple of those drops."

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/19/3786446/jim-harbaugh-49ers-vs-seahawks-press-conference-transcript

I think you also have to factor in that the 49ers were healthier at that time too, defensively. Not taking anything away from a legit Seahawk win at CLink at all. But the 49ers after Justin's injury was just not the same defensively that they were earlier in the year.

What I will say going for any team into enemy territory is that defense will play a big part of any wins this next season. Seattle has beefed up their pass rush, so it's going to be a different game defensively than it was at the 49er game. The 'hawk D Line should perform much better than it had when they were at Candlestick. If they do, it will be a loss for the 49ers.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information