Avril on NFL Network... right now.

A

Anonymous

About to discuss his transition from Detroit to Seattle...

Decimation

Reaction score
Awesome.

Can't view it, but can someone post a link if there is one? Greatly appreciated.

kidhawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2333e0oz said:
I actually wish Avril would just slap the shit out of Davis, simply because Davis was a Niner.

I think Davis also does the Play by Play for the Niners Radio broadcasts as well (similar to what Moon does for us here)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":3t18qzz2 said:
I thought that was suppose to air tonight.... 7:00 eastern time.

He will be on NFL total access as well tonight.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Watching now. So far they asked him about the Lions. He was diplomatic, but made it sound pretty dysfunctional in Detroit. He said "a lot of young guys who didn't know how to be pros" contributed to an undisciplined locker room.

Avril sounds really psyched about the Seaawks' team atmosphere, leadership, and competition. He thinks the NFC West is the best division in the league right now. He said the key to stopping Colin Ker-panic is to wrap him up, not let him extend plays with his legs. They haven't yet gotten into specifics re: his role on the team, etc., that I've seen.

Avril's top 5 pass rushers: 5. John Abraham, 4. Jared Allen, 3. Von Miller, 2. Aldon Smith, 1. JJ Watt
(He acknowledged that Seahawk fans wouldn't like #2, but he had to give credit.)

My take: This is the first I've seen him in an extended on-air situation and Cliff seems thoughtful, appreciative, competitive, and gentlemanly. Part of that is the easy-going AM format, but he reminded me of a Kam Chancellor type personality: quick with a smile, soft-spoken, not a bad word to say, but a thumper on the field.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
saw him on NFL AM this morning (derrrrrr) and I feel even better about the pickup, I knew nothing about him outside of the game we played against the lions but he came off as a down to earth dude who wanted to come here and play for a winner. I was pretty impressed with him. Then again after seeing them try to talk to Tyrann Matheiu and hearing him talk about how he 'just didnt put any effort into his combine bench press' and how he'll need help from the staff of whomever drafts him to stay away from drugs, pretty much anyone looks reasonable.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":384c6c4c said:
Thanks for the info HawkAroundTheClock!

My pleasure! It was nice to be able to put a face and voice to the name. It helped solidify the notion that he will likely fit in very well here.

I saw some of that Honey Badger one too. Man, if there is an anti-Russell Wilson, it's that guy. He could barely put together coherent sentences. And yeah, that rascally grin when he talked about needing handlers to keep him off the damned weed?! Wow. Talk about red flags! His nickname should be "Coach's Challenge" cuz that guy is a red flag.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Impressed by what I saw. Very humble and down to earth about the task at hand. When asked if the Hawks were the team to beat, Cliff responded that the Seahawks look good on paper, but it means nothing until you take care of business on the field. There was no sense of entitlement at all and you can tell some of the discontinuity he felt in Detroit with a talented team will help him approach the coming season.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

You know, it kinda had the feel of a guy that knows where he's going, got the tour of the facility, but didn't know much else of anything.

I like his attitude, and he sure seems to have been squelching his REAL feelings about Detroit, but not knowing exactly what he was going to be expected to do on the field is about par for the course given the timing.

I can't wait to see him in the new uni pusing O-linemen around.