Depends on a few things in my opinion.
1. If Joe Flacco secures the biggest contract in football, and it affects his team for the worse. Also if Brady's bargain contract results in the Pasties getting noticeably stronger. Also how Mannings and Brees' contracts affect the Wrongcos and Saints in the near future.
2. What kind of future OC's he gets saddled with. He's going to make Bevell look good and get an HC job, will we get a good one that will take advantage of RW, or one that will be a step backwards? I'm not a Bevell fan, but there are worse OC's by far.
3. Whether the Seahawks ever take the focus off running the ball and defensive dominance, and cut RW loose to challenge elite QB stats. Huge contracts have a little to do with whether you are statistically elite. If he's merely efficient, the case can be made that the team makes him better, superbowl rings or not.
4. Whether he gets injured and how it relates to his career.
5. How well JS has handled the cap come contract time.
Don't know either way, he still has two more years to learn before the first contract comes due, so depends on what he learns in the meantime.
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.