Pete Carroll Post Season Presser LIVE (link)

razgriz737

Reaction score
Presser is over. From various twitter peeps and myself, this is a summary of the presser. I greened ones I think are extra intriguing...

--carroll says his defense inability to close games "can't ignore that"

--said pressure was a bit late on first down (must be Guy) and said Wagner needed to break on that ball a tad more clean vs Gonzo-

--Pete Carroll: "We need another pass rusher. We really do. ...We're going to need a couple of them."

--Carroll on Defense finishing games: That's an issue. Can't ignore that. Comes down to execution in the moment.

--Clemons will see doctor today or tomorrow, will have surgery soon

--Carroll does not think Lynch was hurt- said line didnt make enough space for him.

--Carroll says only major rehab in offseason is Clemons, that's it. others just "clean up"

--Carroll said Jason Jones "did some nice stuff" but far from effusive in praise.

--Carroll says both Bevell and Bradley are headed for 2nd interviews, said 1st ones were very short interviews.

--Carroll talks about 10 draft picks, said that over and over, and talks about how hard it will be for those 10 to make it.

--Carroll on Matt Flynn: He still thinks he's the best quarterback for the program and I admire him for thinking that. He was exemplary.

--"As we move forward we'll figure it out. Unfortunate we didn't get to see him play more (With regards to Matt Flynn)." - Pete Carroll...

--Carroll on 4th Down attempt: We needed a spark. We needed something to happen. It's worth the challenge to your team.

--Zach Miller had terrific game and season. Came to VMAC on crutches today, couldn't walk on own power

--"Would be nice to have another guy like RW, we'll see who's out there"

--Red was in a lot of pain/discomfort for over half of season, probably no surgery

--Carpenter should be fully healthy this spring

--Russell Wilson and Zach Miller hooked up on couple hot reads w/ blitzes

--Sidney was always up to practice, staff held him back at times

--Tackled poorly vs. Falcons

--Official said no practice kicks before game started, that's what he was complaining to ref about, thinks issue will be talked about in league meetings

The Battle #83

Reaction score
definetly be interesting if both Bevell and Bradley. We can improve in both coaching areas but i hope we dont regress.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Thanks for writing that out.

Sounds like we will be players in the free agent DL market. Should be exciting!

And hats off to Miller for playing through injury and having his best game when we needed it most.

kidhawk

Reaction score
One thing of interest that I didn't see noted, was that Clemons was going to have the same doctor who did RGIII's surgery. This explains why he didn't go under the knife right away.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Dr Andrews, but since he was on the sideline at the Redskins game, I assume he was either there because he'd worked with RGIII before, or because he's associated with the Redskins organization.

He's supposed to be a fairly well renowned surgeon when it comes to these types of injuries, so it makes sense that Clemons would want one of the best in the business, and it also makes sense that RGIII was taken care of first.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
kidhawk":2oj39v2y said:
One thing of interest that I didn't see noted, was that Clemons was going to have the same doctor who did RGIII's surgery. This explains why he didn't go under the knife right away.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Dr Andrews, but since he was on the sideline at the Redskins game, I assume he was either there because he'd worked with RGIII before, or because he's associated with the Redskins organization.

He's supposed to be a fairly well renowned surgeon when it comes to these types of injuries, so it makes sense that Clemons would want one of the best in the business, and it also makes sense that RGIII was taken care of first.

Dude, James Andrews is literally the God of Pro Athlete knee surgeries. He deserves a spot in the hall of fame for multiple sports. When he retires, American sports will be screwed! I am only being a little facetious here. He has worked magic on so many pro athlete's knees

kearly

Reaction score
razgriz737":2jbwv19w said:
--Pete Carroll: "We need another pass rusher. We really do. ...We're going to need a couple of them."

[youtube]usfiAsWR4qU[/youtube]

--Zach Miller had terrific game and season. Came to VMAC on crutches today, couldn't walk on own power

Wow.

--"Would be nice to have another guy like RW, we'll see who's out there"

I would bet Colin Klein and Matt Scott will be on that short list. Two of the best "tilt the field" QBs in the draft that will be available late. I'm rooting for Scott.

--Red was in a lot of pain/discomfort for over half of season, probably no surgery

Not surprised. I hope Pete really looks into this because if he thinks it's a long term problem, he needs to start planning for life after Bryant now, even if Bryant still plays this next season.

--Carpenter should be fully healthy this spring

Great news.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
My biggest concern right now is Zach Miller. I'm extremely worried about his foot injury...

themunn

Reaction score
Is Flynn delusional or something? Still thinks he's the best QB for the programme? Admirable quality I'm sure but come on.

It must suck for the guy being stuck on the depth chart behind the best quarterback in the league... only to move to a team who draft an ever better guy

Pstark3

Reaction score
themunn":2kerr97g said:
Is Flynn delusional or something? Still thinks he's the best QB for the programme? Admirable quality I'm sure but come on.

It must suck for the guy being stuck on the depth chart behind the best quarterback in the league... only to move to a team who draft an ever better guy
If we have a player who doesnt think he's the best option for the starting spot, then I dont want him on my team

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
themunn":kmpo15ze said:

Pretty sure Petes just trying to describe him as a competitor to pump up his trade value to other teams. It would be kind of an odd conversation for Flynn to tell Pete "Hey Pete, I still think Im the best QB on the roster"